HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Curtis Joseph?

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Hydrowing

vCash: 500
Curtis Joseph?

I think CuJo as the 5th winningest goalie in All time NHL history would be a nice goltending addition. With a good team, he can be a dedicated goalie, and also a very good goalie.

Old
07-20-2007, 02:23 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

I wouldnt mind adding him, but unless we get rid of Denis, we dont need him. I think theyll give Denis one last chance to impress at camp.

Old
07-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Ott_Chef*

what a bad idea.

Cujo has been very good in the NHL.. has racked up impressive stats, and man, any team would have wanted him back in the days when he was stealing series (with the blues notably), but for the Bolts right now? NO! are you crazy? why?

Denis is as good right now IMO. Just keep Denis, if you go for a goalie, go for a young one or someone who's not 40.

Joseph is done.

Old
07-20-2007, 05:58 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemeSouviens View Post
what a bad idea.

Cujo has been very good in the NHL.. has racked up impressive stats, and man, any team would have wanted him back in the days when he was stealing series (with the blues notably), but for the Bolts right now? NO! are you crazy? why?

Denis is as good right now IMO. Just keep Denis, if you go for a goalie, go for a young one or someone who's not 40.

Joseph is done.
I dont know, I thought Burke was a good back up at 39, when he played for us

Old
07-20-2007, 06:15 PM
koh19

I think it's a bad idea. Let's go with the youth!!

Old
07-20-2007, 06:53 PM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
Like who? Gerber?

Old
07-20-2007, 07:04 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

Stick with Denis and Holmqvist, if Ramo outplays either in TC then let him battle it out to start.

Old
07-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Hockeyfan02

Is this Curtis Joseph thread day on HF? There's another post like this on the Rangers board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krndevil View Post
Like who? Gerber?
No thanks. We already have one overpaid goalie, no need to bring in another one.

I think we're stuck with the current goalie situation for another year. With Homer/Denis/Ramo, there's no room for another goalie unless someone takes Denis off of Feaster's hands which just isn't going to happen. Cujo would be a good fit if Ramo was ready to take the reigns and the team needed an experienced backup without Denis/Homer on the roster. However, Ramo isn't ready to be a #1 in the league and Denis/Homer are on the payroll.

Old
07-20-2007, 07:12 PM
tomahawk

I don't think it is a crazy idea at all. Goalies can play at an elite level at an older age than other players (Bower, Hasek, et al). Cujo stays in great shape and can win games on his own. Put him on that team with their offensive capabilities and you have a better team IMO. Plus he can probably be had for a reasonable price.

Old
07-20-2007, 07:12 PM
koh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Stick with Denis and Holmqvist, if Ramo outplays either in TC then let him battle it out to start.
that's what I'd do. You guys don't need a fourth goalie...

Old
07-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
I don't think it is a crazy idea at all. Goalies can play at an elite level at an older age than other players (Bower, Hasek, et al). Cujo stays in great shape and can win games on his own. Put him on that team with their offensive capabilities and you have a better team IMO. Plus he can probably be had for a reasonable price.
It's not a crazy or bad idea, just at this point an unreasonable one. The Lightning are close to their budget with Craig left to sign to fill out the roster. And with 2 NHL goalies and one (according to Lightning scouts) ready to make the jump to the NHL in Ramo, the Lightning don't have room for Cujo. If by some miracle Feaster can trade Denis, I think it'd be great to bring Cujo in. But there isn't a roster spot or the money available to bring Cujo in right now. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I think the Lightning had an opportunity to bring Cujo in after the lockout ended but Feaster/Torts didn't like something about him.

Old
07-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Chunderstruck

Send a message via AIM to Chunderstruck Send a message via MSN to Chunderstruck
Why does every jackass in this forum want to sign old, (now) unreliable players that we don't need?

Old
07-20-2007, 08:31 PM
fcpremix88

Denis/Holmqvist will be very good this season. No need to throw another goalie into the mix.

Closed Thread