HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Arron Asham

Old
07-20-2007, 09:31 PM
OldBlueSeats

vCash: 500
Arron Asham

If the Rangers walk away from Hossa's contract would you sign Arron Asham for 1 year at around 1 million? this is what he got last year, I cant understand why he didnt get a contract from the Fishsticks? He's a tough player that gives 100% and would fit in on the 4th line. Anyone have a clue why he has no contract?

OldBlueSeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Choice

No thanks I've never liked Asham. I'd rather have Hossa who will probably get under 1 mil

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 09:51 PM
chip chipperson*

11 goals 12 assists last year the only place for him would be the 4th line. you don't pass up hossa for asham though. i would hate the idea of signing asham to the 4th line and letting ortmeyer go.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 10:30 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
11 goals 12 assists last year the only place for him would be the 4th line. you don't pass up hossa for asham though. i would hate the idea of signing asham to the 4th line and letting ortmeyer go.
how about Asham to replace Hollweg??? This would give Byers another year in the AHL if he dont make the team. Although if the Rangers dont sign Asham, id take Byers over Hollweg.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 12:46 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
If you walk away from Hossa, you give some kids the chance to compete for the spot. If none of our kids are ready to step in and contribute 23 points, then our farm system is in horrendous shape and the most overrated in the game.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 06:33 AM
OldBlueSeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
If you walk away from Hossa, you give some kids the chance to compete for the spot. If none of our kids are ready to step in and contribute 23 points, then our farm system is in horrendous shape and the most overrated in the game.
its not always about points, as we now see with gomez.

OldBlueSeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Renbarg

If Asham was willing to sign a million or under he wouldve been an Islander already.

And he isnt a fourth line player no matter what his stats say.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 10:32 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueSeats View Post
If the Rangers walk away from Hossa's contract would you sign Arron Asham for 1 year at around 1 million? this is what he got last year, I cant understand why he didnt get a contract from the Fishsticks? He's a tough player that gives 100% and would fit in on the 4th line. Anyone have a clue why he has no contract?
I see no use for Asham on this team.

A million dollars for a fourth liner?!

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 07-21-2007 at 10:40 AM.
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 10:39 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
how about Asham to replace Hollweg??? This would give Byers another year in the AHL if he dont make the team. Although if the Rangers dont sign Asham, id take Byers over Hollweg.
i don't see why we would be so quick to replace guys on the team with arron asham, an islander. you can bring in byers to replace hollweg, that fine. the better player should play and i know that hollweg is below average in any nhl category except maybe hits. i know that it isn't really a big deal for hollweg to get replaced but if it was up to me i would take him over asham. hollweg knows what it means to be a ranger.

Old
07-21-2007, 10:53 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
i don't see why we would be so quick to replace guys on the team with arron asham, an islander. you can bring in byers to replace hollweg, that fine. the better player should play and i know that hollweg is below average in any nhl category except maybe hits. i know that it isn't really a big deal for hollweg to get replaced but if it was up to me i would take him over asham. hollweg knows what it means to be a ranger.

Asham is a better player than Hollweg and would add more scoring to the bottom lines.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 11:12 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
its not always about points, as we now see with gomez.
I certainly understand that. But we have players like Korpikoski, Byers and Moore who all have sound defensive games and ought to be able to contribute close to as much offensively. I'd rather give one of those guys a shot than a retread like Asham.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 11:26 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

I agree, we have all these kids in the system, there has to be @ least one that can step in & contribute NOW!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Richard Park 10

As an isles fan, it has been reported that Nolan and Asham do not get along (maybe its a rival tribe thing?). Asham has one of the best shots in the league, can most certainly scrap, but that is about it. I think the rangers would dbe better off playing a kid instead of letting Asham eat of ten minutes of ice time per game. I can see him signing with the flyers.

Richard Park 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 12:01 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Asham is a better player than Hollweg and would add more scoring to the bottom lines.
i would rather see hollweg replaced with someone from our sysytem, not an islander.

Old
07-21-2007, 05:39 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Not with Betts centering him.

Just what this team truly lacks.....more bottom-2 line players.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 05:42 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
He didn't get 1 million from the Fishsticks because he is not worth 1 million dollars. Yes he is a very good middle weight and can shoot the puck, but for someone who is a supposed" hard worker" and role player he took far many shifts and nights off.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote