HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holik, Lindros, Carter, and Rucinsky?

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Godfather

vCash: 500
Holik, Lindros, Carter, and Rucinsky?

Im sure Pleau, will do something. Now it being a major, or a minor trade. Who knows???? But do we really want to take that chance with our youth, or prospect's that we have in the Blues system? For any of those overpriced Ranger's, or a Capital? I don't see a problem with Carter, cause didn't he play with Weight??? That could be the winger he need's, and know's already. But sombody like Lindros who's 1 concussion away from eating gerber baby food, for the rest of is life! Please!!!! :mad: I dont care about the money, i just don't want some overpriced waste. If we are gonna have to hear about the cost of a new player, and what we gave up for him. I hope he's young enough to stay around, not some rent a player. Thoughts?

Old
03-07-2004, 04:44 PM
rev

if you can get lindros for next to nothing.. then it is worth the gamble..

Old
03-07-2004, 10:08 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Im sure Pleau, will do something. Now it being a major, or a minor trade. Who knows???? But do we really want to take that chance with our youth, or prospect's that we have in the Blues system? For any of those overpriced Ranger's, or a Capital? I don't see a problem with Carter, cause didn't he play with Weight??? That could be the winger he need's, and know's already. But sombody like Lindros who's 1 concussion away from eating gerber baby food, for the rest of is life! Please!!!! :mad: I dont care about the money, i just don't want some overpriced waste. If we are gonna have to hear about the cost of a new player, and what we gave up for him. I hope he's young enough to stay around, not some rent a player. Thoughts?
Holik is in the midst of a multi-year contract that pays him $8.85M per, so I think he's out of the question. Wouldn't want him and his big mouth anyway. We already have Danton.

Lindros? If the price is a broken stick, sure. Otherwise, I wouldn't send Sergei Varlamov for him. Too much risk for too little gain.

Anson Carter would be a pretty solid pick-up for the Blues giving them what they lack; a 2nd-line scoring winger. $2.85 M I believe on a two-year deal with one year left. But the Caps might be done sending away high-priced talent.

Rucinsky doesn't exactly do it for me. Cheap sure, but you get what you pay for. There's only so much he could do, and the Blues already have enough 3rd liners.

Closed Thread