HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phi/Chi Trade Proposal

Old
07-20-2007, 07:49 AM
nycflyersphan

vCash: 500
Phi/Chi Trade Proposal

Still looking for movement for our defense to make room for the likes of Picard and Parent (mid season?). Chicago needs a veteran defenseman, we need veteran role players to add some further toughness. I realize the Lapointes salary is way too high for a 4th liner but his deal is in its final year and this gives the Flyers some cap flexibility for next year to resign our RFA's -

Chicago:
Hatcher (3.5)

Philly
Lapointe (2.4 -last year)

Thoughts......

nycflyersphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Kaktus*

Done. Resign Smith.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Amateur Hour

Really not such a bad proposal. Moving Hatcher's contract always makes a deal attractive, but I'm starting to think it might be best to keep him around -- he's still a leader in the locker room, great on the PK, and is our most consistently physical defenseman. That said, I wouldn't mind if this deal was made; Lapointe's a big-time underachiever, given the contract and expectations heaped upon him in the past, but at this stage in his career he's still a gritty, effective two-way winger who has also donned the "C" before.

Gagne-Briere-Knuble
Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
Umberger-Richards-Kapanen
Eager-Potulny-Lapointe (if Umberger's traded, move Lapointe to 3rd line RW, Kapanen to LW, and call up Cote for the 4th line RW)

Timonen-Smith
Kukkonen-Coburn
Gauthier-Picard

I guess I'd still rather the 4th line RW spot be given to more of an enforcer-type player, as Lapointe's more suited for a 3rd line role. The more I think about it, though, the more I really like a line of Kapanen-Richards-Lapointe... yeah, I'd be down with this trade.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Dr Love

I don't see why the Blackhawks would do this other than they're a poorly run franchise. There are more appealing defensemen for them.

Dr Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 08:21 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen7ty5 View Post
Really not such a bad proposal. Moving Hatcher's contract always makes a deal attractive, but I'm starting to think it might be best to keep him around -- he's still a leader in the locker room, great on the PK, and is our most consistently physical defenseman. That said, I wouldn't mind if this deal was made; Lapointe's a big-time underachiever, given the contract and expectations heaped upon him in the past, but at this stage in his career he's still a gritty, effective two-way winger who has also donned the "C" before.

Gagne-Briere-Knuble
Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
Umberger-Richards-Kapanen
Eager-Potulny-Lapointe (if Umberger's traded, move Lapointe to 3rd line RW, Kapanen to LW, and call up Cote for the 4th line RW)

Timonen-Smith
Kukkonen-Coburn
Gauthier-Picard

I guess I'd still rather the 4th line RW spot be given to more of an enforcer-type player, as Lapointe's more suited for a 3rd line role. The more I think about it, though, the more I really like a line of Kapanen-Richards-Lapointe... yeah, I'd be down with this trade.
where is upshall in your lineup? i might be a homer, but i dont want lapointe taking scotties spot in the lineup.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
where is upshall in your lineup? i might be a homer, but i dont want lapointe taking scotties spot in the lineup.
Touche. I knew I was missing something. I guess this is what happens when I'm half-asleep at work (it is 9 AM, after all) and posting.

Old
07-20-2007, 08:25 AM
MojoJojo

I wouldnt mind dumping Hatchers salary, especially for next season when we have to resign Richards and Carter, but I really dont care for Lapointe. We already have a glut of forwards. Lapoint would be like our 12th forward, freezing out Potulny, Ruzicka, Downie, and the possibility of trading for an enforcer.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 08:27 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Touche. I knew I was missing something. I guess this is what happens when I'm half-asleep at work (it is 9 AM, after all) and posting.
it's cool. i love summer vacation.

Old
07-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
it's cool. i love summer vacation.
Oh, me too. I put off getting a job for 2 months after school ended for the summer, but my parents finally pulled the "get a job or be our maid" bit. Yeah, so I started making phone calls, making good on connections, and had a job within a week... not so bad, really, I'm working 9-5 at a law firm downtown and making $10/hour. If nothing else, it's good beer/weed/poker money, right?

Old
07-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Chuck Downie
(New Coach Sucks)

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycflyersphan View Post
Still looking for movement for our defense to make room for the likes of Picard and Parent (mid season?). Chicago needs a veteran defenseman, we need veteran role players to add some further toughness. I realize the Lapointes salary is way too high for a 4th liner but his deal is in its final year and this gives the Flyers some cap flexibility for next year to resign our RFA's -

Chicago:
Hatcher (3.5)

Philly

Thoughts......
This seems fair value for the flyers to fill one of their spots. I'd rather see Potulny or Ruzicka for the whole season than trade for a fourth liner.

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:38 PM
flyer_fury

this seems like a good deal considering we can drop lapointe at the end of the season to sign our rfa's. hatcher has two years left right?

flyer_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 01:30 PM
flyersfan64*

this is a good move. the only problem is that hatcher is good on pk whichis big part of game. also he is thinner this year hopefully translating tto more speed

flyersfan64* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 02:25 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Oh, me too. I put off getting a job for 2 months after school ended for the summer, but my parents finally pulled the "get a job or be our maid" bit. Yeah, so I started making phone calls, making good on connections, and had a job within a week... not so bad, really, I'm working 9-5 at a law firm downtown and making $10/hour. If nothing else, it's good beer/weed/poker money, right?
damn, i should have stuck with law. working a crap shift at the local hospital where the old people are mean. still, 15 bucks an hour to torture old people is a bargain.

is it bad that i kinda like hatcher and don't want to trade him?

Old
07-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
damn, i should have stuck with law. working a crap shift at the local hospital where the old people are mean. still, 15 bucks an hour to torture old people is a bargain.

is it bad that i kinda like hatcher and don't want to trade him?
I'd roll with $15/hour, but I prefer having a desk and a computer... yay for capitalist conformity!

And, no, it's not bad that you kinda like Hatcher. He really grew on me as last year went along. I have no issue with him, except for the fact that he's making too much money.

Old
07-20-2007, 04:51 PM
lancer247

i posted a thread on blackhawks site on 7/11/7

Flyers-Hawks Proposal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHI - jim vandermeer & third rd pick

CHI - umberger, fifth rd pick & hatcher

umberger - scored 20 & 16 goals in first two seasons playing mostly 4th line duty...plays all three forward spots from 2nd line to 4th...best position prolly LW...flyers have a logjam at wing and umberger won't reach potential playing 4th line center (similar problem as they had w/ sharp)

hatcher - veteran defensive dman...good leader for young d corps...excellent PK and not as bad as looked due to horrible team d & goaltending...flyers need some cap space...hatcher would come off books next year...

vandermeer - flyers get tough young dman that will fill #5-6 spot and toughness when jason smith & gauthier contracts end after season...

sorry if this is a redundant topic...vandermeer was popular phantom/flyer when was w/ philly so is probably the 1,000th offer from a flyers fan...

most didn't mind trade but didn't want hatcher's or gauthier's salary

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 07:28 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
You forgot 9 at 9.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 08:15 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycflyersphan View Post

Chicago:
Hatcher (3.5)

Philly

Thoughts......
I saw both players play while I was across the pond in late march and Lapointe has a lot of spunk to his game still and from the 3rd line. hatcher got beat on the outside 3 times in the game I saw. To mkae the deal work from the Hawks point of view--toss in a second/third rounder. Hatcher has 2 years left as opposed to th one that Lapointe has and I think Hatcher is a prime choice for a buy out

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Banker View Post
i posted a thread on blackhawks site on 7/11/7

Flyers-Hawks Proposal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHI - jim vandermeer & third rd pick

CHI - umberger, fifth rd pick & hatcher

umberger - scored 20 & 16 goals in first two seasons playing mostly 4th line duty...plays all three forward spots from 2nd line to 4th...best position prolly LW...flyers have a logjam at wing and umberger won't reach potential playing 4th line center (similar problem as they had w/ sharp)

hatcher - veteran defensive dman...good leader for young d corps...excellent PK and not as bad as looked due to horrible team d & goaltending...flyers need some cap space...hatcher would come off books next year...

vandermeer - flyers get tough young dman that will fill #5-6 spot and toughness when jason smith & gauthier contracts end after season...

sorry if this is a redundant topic...vandermeer was popular phantom/flyer when was w/ philly so is probably the 1,000th offer from a flyers fan...

most didn't mind trade but didn't want hatcher's or gauthier's salary
Tell me again why do you want to trade Umberger who is making a little over 1M for Vandermeer.
Horrible goaltending? It was not horrible. It was average. Umberger is better then Sharp.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 03:00 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Tell me again why do you want to trade Umberger who is making a little over 1M for Vandermeer.
Horrible goaltending? It was not horrible. It was average. Umberger is better then Sharp.
i would love to see flyers keep umberger & give him shot on the 2nd or 3rd line at wing...but if they are going to use him out of position at 4thline center then why stunt his development...obviously he is better then sharp...my point is that he won't reach potential here much like sharp who needed to move on to get minutes...

gagne - briere - lupul
knuble - carter - umberger
hartnell - richards - upshall
eager - potulny - kapanen

lupul & umberger may not be typical 1st & 2nd line talent but i think they could both do well w/ those linemates...similarly, hartnelll makes too much $$ for typical 3rd line but that would make decent checking line that can post good numbers...

mainly, i would love to shed hatcher or gauthier's salary but noone will do it w/o getting something out of deal

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 06:36 PM
flyersfan64*

Quote:
i would love to see flyers keep umberger & give him shot on the 2nd or 3rd line at wing...but if they are going to use him out of position at 4thline center then why stunt his development...obviously he is better then sharp...my point is that he won't reach potential here much like sharp who needed to move on to get minutes...

gagne - briere - lupul

lupul & umberger may not be typical 1st & 2nd line talent but i think they could both do well w/ those linemates...similarly, hartnelll makes too much $$ for typical 3rd line but that would make decent checking line that can post good numbers...

mainly, i would love to shed hatcher or gauthier's salary but noone will do it w/o getting something out of deal
i see your idea their but i don not agree. either play him on 4th linr or trade him

flyersfan64* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 09:20 AM
mikedifr

Quote:

gagne - briere - lupul

Not a terrible idea but Hartnell needs to be in the top 6. I might think about something like this though (assuming you want Umberger in top 6):

Gagne Briere Lupul
Hartnell Carter Umberger
Upshall Richards Knuble

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote