HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Mission accomplished?

Old
04-26-2013, 02:20 PM
The old geezer

vCash: 500
Mission accomplished?

Alright this is overdue but with the top 5 threads being all prospect lists again I need to fix that … at least briefly

As many know the demarcation point between a successful and unsuccessful season for the HFNHL Red Wings is making the play-offs. From here on out any other successes are gravy.

Other short term milestones within reach are as follows:
(i) Franchise record for points in a season – the Wings record of 112 points set in the 2006/07 season is only 3 points away

The league record of 128 points set by the Bruins in the 2005/06 season is safe. Hopefully we’ll never have another set of circumstances occur again (half the conference was fighting for the first overall pick instead of the play-offs) that anyone could beat that record.

(ii) First President’s Trophy – Over the years the Wings have finished with the second best regular season record three times but never had a President’s Trophy. Admittedly maybe that’s a good thing since I believe the President’s Trophy winner has only won the cup once in the league’s history.
Never the less the President’s Trophy along with the Conference Trophy (I always came up second to another conference team – Sharks and Blues x2) are two of only four or five trophies never won by the Wings or one of its players.

That said the possibility of finishing second again, this time to the Jackets, is a very real possibility and will hopefully keep the team motivated down the stretch drive.
The Wings have four games remaining against the Blues, of which the Wings were only able to win one of the first four games this season, as well as games against top teams like the Sabres, Avs, and Ducks. Conversely the Jackets are mainly playing against teams currently out of the play-offs.

There's still lots of hockey to be played and stories to be told so I encourage other teams to chime in on their battles for position or personal bests.

The old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Regal Beagles

ok....gotta straight up represent here.

You CANNOT say it's a successful season by just making the playoffs when you have the best record.

I say this is the REVERSE CURSE to end all REVERSE CURSES.......

Keep calm.....Quack on!

Regal Beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

I believe he's referring to his objective at the start of each season. Looking at Drew's roster, you'd think he'd be on the bubble in the challenging West. So making the playoffs is a success. Bruce fact that he's blowing the rest of us away means he's enjoying a lot of gravy... But he still has to win playoff rounds to avoid the President's Trophy curse, so we'll see what happens.

That said, I do find laughable the idea that I could conceivably catch the Wings for the Division/Conference/League lead. I had my improbable run earlier in the season, I'm not going to see that kind of success again. Detroit meanwhile has been virtually unstoppable from pillar to post.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Dempsey

vCash: 50
Drew's just being modest, he's likely got the President's trophy locked up. What a season for the Wings, will be following with interest in the playoffs!

Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:07 PM
The old geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regal Beagles View Post
You CANNOT say it's a successful season by just making the playoffs when you have the best record.
It's actually quite true. I've made the play-offs every season except one and it's a bitter blemish. My goal every year is to make the play-offs short and sweet. As for what happens in the play-offs that's a c**p shoot. I've had both very good and very bad luck in the post season over the years.

The old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote