Old
05-06-2014, 09:46 PM
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity

vCash: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ambrose View Post

I'm not sure how I should feel... :/
It was odd live that's for sure...fun show though!

ClearedButNotOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133

So that's what one of them Zig Zags off the ropes is supposed to look like. I think that's the first time he's hit it off the ropes.

I don't blame Ziggler, I'd be apart of that too if those three girls came to me.

05-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Sheamus vs. Cesaro on Main Event. This is gonna be good.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 01:45 PM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ambrose View Post
Sheamus vs. Cesaro on Main Event. This is gonna be good.
Doubt they do a title change here since Sheamus just won it. I expect another thing where Cesaro gets himself DQ'd.

Either way keeps the title on a European for the upcoming tour.

bruins309 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

I don't think it's for the title.

Old
05-14-2014, 06:46 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Watching the replay now, and I can't believe how much I enjoy the Alicia Fox loose cannon gimmick. She really is fantastic. Getting more over by jobbing than by winning.

I remember around '97 in WCW when Jericho lost some matches and threw a nutty each time afterward to start his heel turn. Alicia seems to be cranking up the crazy a notch.

Old
05-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Sheamus/Cesaro - ***1/2

Definitely has to be a rematch there for Payback. Please?

Old
06-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Rollins got 'boring' chants during his promo tonight. From what I read - he overstayed his welcome. Gonna watch later and see if it's overreaction or if it was actually bad.

Old
06-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Seth Rollins really did overstay his welcome with that promo and the thing dragged... A lot. Ziggler's promo was good but at this point he's a dog that's all bark and no bite.

The match was good as well.

Ziggler/Rollins II: ***1/4

Old
06-18-2014, 06:29 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Naturally I missed the first 90 minutes of a pretty good RAW but I like that Main Event is there to fill in the gaps.

- OMG, am I starting to dig Rusev? Is it my background in Int'l Relations from college? Is it because he squashed Santino in about 7 seconds? Was it the great looking superkick from the battle royal Monday? It's all of them.
- Though, um, why would any Russian put Gorbachev on their "Mount Rushmore" when he directly destroyed the glory days of your country? I guess Brezhnev isnt good looking enough, and Stalin looks too much like Dan Severn. /endpoliticalthought
- Bray Wyatt is turning face soon, so go ahead and brace yourself.
- Seth Rollins is merely ok on the mic and will get better with reps. Ambrose is just incredible...everything he says is just so committed.

Old
06-18-2014, 02:00 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
I am also digging Rusev. Dude is a beast.

Unfortunately he is a beast on a direct collision with the guy who needs to take more Nyquil.

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 02:17 PM
SANTArelli25
Blue Jays Fan

vCash: 668
Rusev needs to start having real matches, and soon.

SANTArelli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 09:03 PM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Quick thoughts on Main Event tonight:

- Why do they even run ads during this show? They run an ad for MITB and its like "Yeah clearly I have the network already because I'm watching. So yeah I'll tune in for the big event Sunday. You dont need to remind me"
- As a Boston guy (and BU grad), how did I not know Kofi went to Boston College? Not sure how I feel about that since that's BU's rival, but I still like Kofi. Glad he's in the match even though he has zero chance because I know he puts out a great effort every time.
- I am not a fashion expert, but I thought Renee Young's outfit was very very very good.
- I'm probably not the only one who likes the Main Event announcers more than Cole/JBL. Just burned out on Cole in particular.
- Laughed at Reigns telling Renee to take the high heels off in case stuff went down and she had to flee. Like he was doing some sort of public service for all the foot fetish guys or something.
- Nice seeing Ziggler getting mic time on actual TV and not just on the app. "When you grab this briefcase, then you have made it!" --> yeah, try telling that to Damien Sandow

Old
06-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Rusev will do squashes until it gets boring, then he'll do some more.

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 07:15 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

I thought Main Event was billed as Cesaro-Ziggler, so I was pleased. See, I like Main Event because I can watch on Wednesday morning and because of its change in announcers, which is a breath of fresh air.

Show starts with Cesaro with a tremendous eye patch in ring with Heyman, interrupted by Ziggler. Ok, good, build to the 3 or 4 star match coming up. Oh wait, here comes Big E. And now Rybaxel. And now RVD. Um, ok. Liked RVD accusing Ryback of stealing his ring gear. And they all brawl and the faces stand alone. Six man match later...ok.

Fast forward theater follows:

Harper/Rowan vs Woods/R Truth - Stuck around for the H&R entrance. FF thru rest.

Nikki vs Funkadactyls - Another FF.

Interview with Sheamus where he talks in his accent and says "fella" a few times. Interrupted by Del Rio, at which point I hit the FF button.

Masterpiece rehash theater of the Cena/Authority promo that led off RAW.

Heyman and Cesaro with Renee, and Heyman ribs Renee about peroxide going to her brain, manages to use YES and "I've got bad news" in the same promo. Cesaro gets to talk! OMG! But only to say the word "five" in his five languages. I know that someday he'll be a good enough promo guy, I just see it there. Someone that smart definitely has it in them.

Announcers noting during the six man match (Cesaro/Rybaxel vs Ziggler/E/RVD) that Rybaxel WERE Heyman guys. This type of acknowledgment of history won't help you in this company, Phillips/Saxton. Cesaro plays cowardly heel during his match with the eye injury. Look, I like cowardly heel tactics but I would have gone with more of a strongman gimmick for Cesaro after his Big Show slam at WM30. Ziggler ends up pinning Cesaro...so there you have it. Not a bad week for Dolph so far. So brace yourself for an abrupt stop to the push when he cuts someone in line at the food spread backstage.