HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RD David Rundblad (2009, 17th overall, STL; OTT; PHX; CHI)

Old
06-26-2010, 07:19 PM
KarlssonRegin

vCash: 500
RD David Rundblad (2009, 17th overall, STL; OTT; PHX; CHI)

Where would David Rundblad be drafted in the 2010 draft?

Last edited by KarlssonRegin: 06-26-2010 at 09:40 PM.
KarlssonRegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 07:27 PM
bdp

17th overall?

If you mean 2010, he's a lot like Pysyk so around 23rd, but I like Pysyk a lot more than many players picked before him.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 07:30 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
I'm confused. LOL. He did go in the 2009 draft.

Last edited by R S: 06-26-2010 at 07:39 PM.
R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 07:30 PM
jablueblue

To answer the title, 17th, to answer the actual question, 16th

jablueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 07:34 PM
just22
meat and taters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I'm confused. LOL. We did go in the 2009 draft.
OMG you were drafted?

just22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Murray and the scouting staff think top 10

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 07:39 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by just22 View Post
OMG you were drafted?

Yeah, third overall

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 07:40 PM
bdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by just22 View Post
OMG you were drafted?

Shared consciousness, you should try it.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=25979

TSN said 29th, I say somewhere between 17 (where he was originally picked) and 29th. Supposedly he played pretty well during the end of the season, but up until and including the WJCs he was pretty awful. He is a player who will still need several more years, he is a project. It just didnt sound like he did much to raise his status from last year. His stats certainly dont look like anything to justify raising his draft spot.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 07:58 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Probably 16th...considering Ottawa held that pick and liked him enough to trade it straight up for him

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 08:09 PM
IrMitchell*

Considering McIlrath went 10th overall, I don't think you can use this draft to compare any past pick.

IrMitchell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 08:14 PM
hedgeway

Since Gormely went 13th I'd say after him. But wait McIlrath went 10th, so he would go before him of course. So before 10th and after 13th...wait, something is fishy here.

hedgeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 09:41 PM
KarlssonRegin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I'm confused. LOL. He did go in the 2009 draft.
I meant the 2010 draft

KarlssonRegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Manny*

It's still too early to tell, but the way I see it:

Hall
Seguin
Gormley
Connolly
Fowler
Gudbranson
Johansen
Niederreiter
Burmistrov
Skinner
Tarasenko
Granlund
Rundblad

Somewhere in that range. I'm happy with the trade. Other than Tarasenko, he was, in a sense, the best player available.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2010, 11:22 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Rundblad offensively is comparible to Fowler although not as good of a pp QB.

Top 15 pick is my guess but who knows with McIlrath going 10th...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Samsquanch
Creep

RD David Rundblad, - Phoenix property (2009, 17th overall, St. Louis)

SEL GP27 G5 A15 P20

He leads the SEL in scoring for a D-man. I was pissed (sorta) when Ottawa traded their first for him at the draft, especially because we had Erik Karlsson who had just broken out, and Patric Weircoich as PMDs in the stables, along with Jared Cowen who is showing this year in the WHL he's very capable offensively.

BUT MAN O MAN, this kid seems really special. Is he poised to become one of the premier PMDs in the NHL? Because if his career overseas is any indicator at all, he has star potential written all over him. I guess as the story goes our head scout was absolutely puzzled when he found out St.Louis wanted to use him as trade bate, and advised Ottawa to do what it takes to get this kid.

Whats the general consensus on him around HF boards? I know hes apparently prone to a mistake or two in his own end each game, but the defensive game can be taught. The offensive skills he possesses are un teachable. I mean, if 5'10 165lb EK can find a way to survive in the NHL off of his incredible skill set, then what does that say about 6'2 190lb Rundblad and his chances.

I dont want to get too far ahead of myself (and I just might here ), but Ottawa could have a very, very scary blueline in a few years if Runblad continues at his current rate of development. Im hoping some Sweedish posters here can help me out and give me a little more insight into the situation. And by all means settle me down if need be, but going by his stats I cant help but get excited.

Samsquanch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Harks

Wouldn't call him a point-man D (?). The goals he's scored this season is form dangling 1-2 guys then stepping in the slot and fired one up the roof.
I can only remember 1 goal from blue line. More of a puck-carrier who has amazing dangling skills

Edit: Maybe it stands for puck-moving D. Then you're right

Harks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:51 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harks View Post
Wouldn't call him a point-man D (?). The goals he's scored this season is form dangling 1-2 guys then stepping in the slot and fired one up the roof.
I can only remember 1 goal from blue line. More of a puck-carrier who has amazing dangling skills

Oh man, yes please, that sounds fantastic. So, will it translate to the NHL is the question...

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Dosing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Oh man, yes please, that sounds fantastic. So, will it translate to the NHL is the question...
As long as you dont bring him over to late, after 18 it gets harder to change mentally. It's how you get mattias weinhandels being stars on big ice but failing in the NHL. Sure there are exceptions ala zetterberg but high intelligence does alot for players like that.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:29 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smookie View Post
As long as you dont bring him over to late, after 18 it gets harder to change mentally. It's how you get mattias weinhandels being stars on big ice but failing in the NHL. Sure there are exceptions ala zetterberg but high intelligence does alot for players like that.
I think the Sens organization will bring him over to NA next year where he most likely would play in the AHL. He's doing so well, I hope he can bring that success with him.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

He and Karlsson are actually a bit different. Runblad might actually be a more dynamic skater than Karlsson, and stands out more when he is carrying the puck. He is also obviously bigger and stronger than Erik.

At the same time, Karlsson is a more skilled puck-handler and has a better shot. While Karlsson is an excellent skater by even NHL standards, it's his puck handling and stick work that set him apart.

I don't see the two as complimentary players on the same line, but ultimately having one of each on your top two defensive pairings could be a great asset to the team, presuming they can get the right complimentary players beside them (Cowen being on candidate obviously).

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:45 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smookie View Post
Not true at all. If anything, Rundblad has so far had the perfect development. Allowing him two years in the SEL has done absolute wonders for his development. He obviously had his troubles early last year, but being in a system that has been willing to nurture his talent in a safe environment has been what has made him along with his obvious natural gift.

The draft day trade that was basically Tarasenko for Rundblad may be one of the most even trades you will see. Both are IMO elite prospects at their respective positions.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Samsquanch
Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harks View Post

Yea the PM (around HF anyways) stands for puck-moving. Thats fairly exciting to hear regardless. Its hard to believe he's a more gifted skater than Karlsson, who's about as silky smooth as it gets. I'll be very excited to see the two of them running our PP in a few years when Gonchar is gone.

Also glad no one has really tried to temper my expectations yet, and it appears hes as good as his point totals would indicate for a kid in the SEL.

Samsquanch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo View Post

Also glad no one has really tried to temper my expectations yet, and it appears hes as good as his point totals would indicate for a kid in the SEL.
It's got everything to do with surviving on this side of the water, the fact that Erik Karlsson hasn't been squished yet bodes well for Rundblad IMO.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Dosing

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Not true at all. If anything, Rundblad has so far had the perfect development. Allowing him two years in the SEL has done absolute wonders for his development. He obviously had his troubles early last year, but being in a system that has been willing to nurture his talent in a safe environment has been what has made him along with his obvious natural gift.

The draft day trade that was basically Tarasenko for Rundblad may be one of the most even trades you will see. Both are IMO elite prospects at their respective positions.
Not true how? obviously bringing him over to early would also be bad.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote