HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

Tyson Gay tests positive for banned substance

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2013, 04:59 AM
  #26
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 2,958
vCash: 500
I'm all for the steroid olympics.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:17 PM
  #27
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,797
vCash: 888
You know what's funny is when they do get busted, because WADA doesn't tell the public what they got busted for ever, the athletes say in public it was some stimulant that only helps with focus. It happens everytime.

Never is it they started doing a designer steroid, WADA figured out how to detect and they got busted.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:26 PM
  #28
aleshemsky83
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
You know what's funny is when they do get busted, because WADA doesn't tell the public what they got busted for ever, the athletes say in public it was some stimulant that only helps with focus. It happens everytime.

Never is it they started doing a designer steroid, WADA figured out how to detect and they got busted.
Are they allowed to go back and test Baileys samples using modern technology to see if he was clean? I believe he and Bolt are the last two world record holders not to get nailed now that Asafa Powell failed


Last edited by aleshemsky83: 07-22-2013 at 10:41 PM.
aleshemsky83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 07:49 AM
  #29
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 14,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
Are they allowed to go back and test Baileys samples using modern technology to see if he was clean? I believe he and Bolt are the last two world record holders not to get nailed now that Asafa Powell failed
Well, Greene wasn't busted, sort of. Technically.

I'm not sure if they have those samples from mid to late 90s anymore.

InjuredChoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 06:14 PM
  #30
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Why people even care if athletes are on performance enhancing drugs is beyond my comprehension. Always funny to see fatso on his couch whining that the drugs did all the work.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 06:32 PM
  #31
aleshemsky83
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Well, Greene wasn't busted, sort of. Technically.

I'm not sure if they have those samples from mid to late 90s anymore.
I have heard that they still have samples from races in the 80s,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemiseBleuHonnete View Post
Why people even care if athletes are on performance enhancing drugs is beyond my comprehension. Always funny to see fatso on his couch whining that the drugs did all the work.
I don't have a problem but there should be a standard if there is going to be PEDS/PE used, if you're going to allow guys to use new blood you might as well allow them to have a machine pedal for them when they get tired, if there's going to be PEDS at least put restrictions on the amount or type of PEDs you can use.


Last edited by aleshemsky83: 08-06-2013 at 06:41 PM.
aleshemsky83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 12:03 AM
  #32
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!
 
MrWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,064
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
There really is no question, the fact that he actually let's up at the end of races and still breaks world records is all you need to know
Assume you feel most NHL'ers are guilty until proven innocent too?

The NHL's drug testing, or lack thereof, is a joke compared to the rest of the sporting community.

MrWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 12:42 AM
  #33
kurt
the last emperor
 
kurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Assume you feel most NHL'ers are guilty until proven innocent too?

The NHL's drug testing, or lack thereof, is a joke compared to the rest of the sporting community.
The NHL has drug testing?

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 01:24 AM
  #34
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 26,015
vCash: 500
PEDS help narrow the gap of natural differences. I'm all for it. I don't think a rare genetic marker that makes you a great distance runner is 'fair' or in the spirit of the games. Look at Michael Phelps and how his body is built for swimming. Someone who had a more normal build, but trained at an elite level much harder wouldn't stand a chance. It's not that way in every sport, thankfully, which is what keeps the Olympics watchable.

If you look at the diets, the training, the medicine, the equipment.. 'natural' was given up a long time ago. Why not let them loose with PEDs?

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 01:52 AM
  #35
aleshemsky83
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Assume you feel most NHL'ers are guilty until proven innocent too?

The NHL's drug testing, or lack thereof, is a joke compared to the rest of the sporting community.
That's not relevant but sure I'll engage

I think a number of nhl players juice, on my own team Laddy Smid came back one summer and put on 20 pounds of muscle, you don't put on 20 pounds of muscle at the age of 23 without some special "protein shakes"


Anyways back to track, when every single world record holder has been busted, and he's smashing these guys records despite letting up what does common sense tell you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
PEDS help narrow the gap of natural differences. I'm all for it. I don't think a rare genetic marker that makes you a great distance runner is 'fair' or in the spirit of the games. Look at Michael Phelps and how his body is built for swimming. Someone who had a more normal build, but trained at an elite level much harder wouldn't stand a chance. It's not that way in every sport, thankfully, which is what keeps the Olympics watchable.

If you look at the diets, the training, the medicine, the equipment.. 'natural' was given up a long time ago. Why not let them loose with PEDs?
I suppose if you're talking strictly about America but other countries(Canada) have athletes that don't have two nickels to rub together, believe it or not a lot of Olympians(or not even olympians but just people who represent their country at these international events) are pretty close to true amateurs. I know because my cousin has been killing himself to get there and actually won a national championship this summer coming off a torn acl,

But again, I actually agree, certain PEDs should be allowed up to a point, I don't know about blood transfusions mid race or smoking a crack pipe just before the 100m


Last edited by aleshemsky83: 08-09-2013 at 05:02 PM.
aleshemsky83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 05:27 PM
  #36
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
Are they allowed to go back and test Baileys samples using modern technology to see if he was clean? I believe he and Bolt are the last two world record holders not to get nailed now that Asafa Powell failed
Maurice Greene.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 02:23 AM
  #37
GarretJoseph
Registered User
 
GarretJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Russell Crowe View Post
Bolt will be protected - he means way too much to the sport of T&F and his country.
I doubt it. If Lance goes down the whole protected for the sport doesn't matter. I personally don't think he is - wouldn't be shocked or surprised though. It's just expected these days. Pretty sad.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 05:48 PM
  #38
aleshemsky83
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
You know what's funny is when they do get busted, because WADA doesn't tell the public what they got busted for ever, the athletes say in public it was some stimulant that only helps with focus. It happens everytime.

Never is it they started doing a designer steroid, WADA figured out how to detect and they got busted.
http://www.espn.co.uk/athletics/sport/story/232223.html

aleshemsky83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.