HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Leafs scouting Nashville / Anaheim

Old
Yesterday, 09:50 PM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks in a row View Post
But still not a sure thing and that is all I have been saying but I have been trash for not agreeing about him being a sure thing.
Oh no, there is no such thing as a "sure thing". But GMs make the gamble on these guys after doing lots of homework.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:16 PM
McMatthews

Quote:
But still not a sure thing and that is all I have been saying but I have been trashed for not agreeing about him being a sure thing. Good young prospect that has good odds to be a good player that should be the end of it.
Shea Theodore and Brandon Montour aren't sure things either.

But we both know that they're all pretty much a sure thing to be in the NHL, based on their skill levels and what they bring to a team.

You can try to discredit Kapanen by saying he's not a sure thing to be good but his skating is exceptional and his development curve has been impressive. Barring serious injury, Kapanen has the talent and maturity to be at least a really good 3rd line NHL winger. His upside is of a top line winger. 50+ points.

McMatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:57 PM
Ducks in a row
Go Ducks Quack Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Oh no, there is no such thing as a "sure thing". But GMs make the gamble on these guys after doing lots of homework.
Yes and even they sometimes make mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMatthews View Post
Shea Theodore and Brandon Montour aren't sure things either.

But we both know that they're all pretty much a sure thing to be in the NHL, based on their skill levels and what they bring to a team.

You can try to discredit Kapanen by saying he's not a sure thing to be good but his skating is exceptional and his development curve has been impressive. Barring serious injury, Kapanen has the talent and maturity to be at least a really good 3rd line NHL winger. His upside is of a top line winger. 50+ points.
Yep Montour and Theodore are not sure things.

For a while they should be. If they have trouble handling the NHL long term they won't last. We shall see what happens.

Saying he isn't a sure thing isn't discrediting Kapanen it is say the truth. He isn't a sure thing. I have said he has good odds to be a good player but that isn't enough for some people

Ducks in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 06:48 AM
varano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
It really is amazing how you can claim you even follow your team and come up with some of the stuff you said.

Since I know you're a reasonable poster, I hope you know nobody (or at least close) would be taking "impressive" away from Kapanen. Somehow, we're not debating "impressive", but "excelling", "stellar" and "skills on par with Nylander" just "not quite the IQ". Everybody with an ounce of realism knows that's a joke.
Funny...Thats exactly the way I would describe Kapanen. He has equal hands and shot to Nylander,
but not as strong of an IQ and not as smooth of a skater

varano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 06:50 AM
varano

Quote:
Yes and even they sometimes make mistakes.

Yep Montour and Theodore are not sure things.

For a while they should be. If they have trouble handling the NHL long term they won't last. We shall see what happens.

Saying he isn't a sure thing isn't discrediting Kapanen it is say the truth. He isn't a sure thing. I have said he has good odds to be a good player but that isn't enough for some people
I don't know enough about Theodore.... But Montour is a sure thing. I don't know how he'll do in a system outside of Anaheims where he would handle more responsibility but his skill set is certainly there.

varano is offline   Reply With Quote