HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Better Call Saul - Part 3

Old
Yesterday, 07:56 PM
M.C.G. 31
BE HUMBLE

vCash: 994
I really wonder how many seasons this show will go. They did a great job keeping BB limited to 5 seasons and not let it overstay its welcome like some shows, so I wonder what they plan for this one ultimately. 5 seasons as well?

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 09:26 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Registered Loser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
Probably the worst episode of the season.

Only good part was Nacho/Mike meeting.
I could watch those guys for a full hour every episode, definitely the two most interesting characters imho.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 09:33 PM
USC Trojans
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.G. 31 View Post
I really wonder how many seasons this show will go. They did a great job keeping BB limited to 5 seasons and not let it overstay its welcome like some shows, so I wonder what they plan for this one ultimately. 5 seasons as well?
I think 5 seasons ought to do it. Jimmy is officially using his Saul persona now, and you can see that he's starting to break bad without any reservations.

Same with Mike's story. I can see him getting closer to Fring next season after helping with Hector's downfall, and finally join him in Season 5.

USC Trojans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:38 PM
Neutrinos

I gotta say, I don't care at all about Jimmy and Chuck's relationship

Hopefully there's a big payoff down the road, but to date I've been less than impressed with their story line

Neutrinos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:40 PM
Neutrinos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
I could watch those guys for a full hour every episode, definitely the two most interesting characters imho.
I think Kim and Howard also bring a lot to the show

Old
Today, 03:06 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.G. 31 View Post
I could see it going 6 or even more, 5 just to be consistent with everything because Vince is boring that way or even in 4. I'm always up for more but I could easily see 4. He's using the Saul persona now. We don't need Walt or Jesse because we know how they met Saul its all a prelude to how we got to the BB events. I mean what's left? Why Jimmy and Kim aren't together, how Mike and Gus meet and how Jimmy comes into the equation(I mean Saul)

Personally I wanted more BB. Wanted Walr to go to prison, become a drug kingpin, find a way to sneak out and change his appearance and start all over again as an unidentified drug kingpin throwing everyone for a loop, has a couple of seasons with an empire bigger than Gus and then eventually gets what he deserves. The ending was good and it made you wonder if he died or the cops got him in that he was surrendering but the show was so good I don't think people would have complained for more.

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 03:21 AM
USC Trojans
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Enthusiast View Post
I could see it going 6 or even more, 5 just to be consistent with everything because Vince is boring that way or even in 4. I'm always up for more but I could easily see 4. He's using the Saul persona now. We don't need Walt or Jesse because we know how they met Saul its all a prelude to how we got to the BB events. I mean what's left? Why Jimmy and Kim aren't together, how Mike and Gus meet and how Jimmy comes into the equation(I mean Saul)

Personally I wanted more BB. Wanted Walr to go to prison, become a drug kingpin, find a way to sneak out and change his appearance and start all over again as an unidentified drug kingpin throwing everyone for a loop, has a couple of seasons with an empire bigger than Gus and then eventually gets what he deserves. The ending was good and it made you wonder if he died or the cops got him in that he was surrendering but the show was so good I don't think people would have complained for more.
I thought the length of BB was just perfect. Each season had higher stakes than the previous one, and the series ended out on top. Walter pretty much eliminated his competition and earned himself millions along the way for his family (his original goal). His story went full circle.

Never really thought it was necessary for show runners to force another few seasons out of a show. I know it had everything to do with money, as ultimately this is a business, but it sort of tarnishes their legacy. They did that with Dexter and are now doing that with Supernatural. Had they ended at Season 4 and Season 5, respectively, I would've considered them among the all time greats.

USC Trojans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 07:49 AM
bigdirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrinos View Post
I think Kim and Howard also bring a lot to the show
I think Howard is a really underrated character on the show. He's always kinda taking a backseat to others in the storyline, but he's really great. He's basically the consummate BSer. Keeps up the perfect appearance, always says exactly the right things, but he's as cutthroat as anyone else when it comes down to it. Pretty much reminds me of every super-corporate boss I've ever had.

bigdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 09:23 AM
b1e9a8r5s

Quote:
Agreed. I'd be good if they wrapped that story up and Chuck was never seen again.

b1e9a8r5s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 10:30 AM
Matt19Oilers

Quote:

Hopefully there's a big payoff down the road, but to date I've been less than impressed with their story line
Well, that relationship is the fundamental reason for the birth of "Saul Goodman" so we pretty much don't have a show without it.

Matt19Oilers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 10:38 AM
Neutrinos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19Oilers View Post
Well, that relationship is the fundamental reason for the birth of "Saul Goodman" so we pretty much don't have a show without it.
It sounds like you're saying that story line was the only option, but the truth is there were a million different ways Vince Gilligan and his writers could've gone

They chose poorly

Old
Today, 10:47 AM
Neutrinos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
I think Howard is a really underrated character on the show. He's always kinda taking a backseat to others in the storyline, but he's really great. He's basically the consummate BSer. Keeps up the perfect appearance, always says exactly the right things, but he's as cutthroat as anyone else when it comes down to it. Pretty much reminds me of every super-corporate boss I've ever had.
I think we were initially expected to feel that way about Howard, but he has since shown that he cares very much about those around him

Most notably by the way he stuck by Chuck

But let's also not forget that Howard waived the remaining debt on Kim's law school loan after she decided to leave his firm

You don't do that if you're a heartless jerk who only cares about money

Old
Today, 10:51 AM
b1e9a8r5s

Quote:
It sounds like you're saying that story line was the only option, but the truth is there were a million different ways Vince Gilligan and his writers could've gone

They chose poorly
I think saying they chose poorly is too strong. But I hope it's run it's course.

b1e9a8r5s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 10:54 AM
Matt19Oilers

Quote:

They chose poorly
Well judging by how well the show is received critically, and how positively the fans responded to the "Chicanery" episode a few weeks ago, I can't imagine that a very large chunk of the fanbase agrees with you on that.

Matt19Oilers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 10:55 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
I think we were initially expected to feel that way about Howard, but he has since shown that he cares very much about those around him

Most notably by the way he stuck by Chuck

But let's also not forget that Howard waived the remaining debt on Kim's law school loan after she decided to leave his firm

You don't do that if you're a heartless jerk who only cares about money
Hamlin, Hamlin and Wexler.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 11:11 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Hamlin, Hamlin and Wexler.
In reality, Kim could go to any large firm with the Mesa Verde account, but for storyline purposes, this makes a ton of sense.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote