HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pens/Sens Game 4: Nobody saiiiiid it was eassssssy

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2017, 12:56 PM
steveg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I've thought it many times and I think most people around here will admit to that.

They are defying odds that don't make hockey sense.

The Pens are a zombie being held together with duct tape, but the zombie has an overwhelming desire to keep moving fwd.
When I was in high school, I had a wood shop teacher who was a combat vet who fought in Viet Nam. Every once in awhile, he would talk about the war. I remember one day in particular, he was talking about how the Viet Cong would get some "kamikaze" type of fighter, get him all doped up and high on whatever, and then wrap/tie up his body in strips of cloth, whatever, under his uniform. Then, with the guy all bound up and stoned out of his mind, they'd send him into the face of the U.S. machine gun fire, shooting at our guys, tossing grenades, whatever. He said that these guys just would not die. He said that after the smoke cleared, they'd find that some of these VCs took, I don't know how many...dozens maybe... of .223 rounds, before they'd finally drop. Unwrapping the cloth wrappings from these dead VCs, and body parts would just be hanging. Gruesome, I know, but it's a pretty good analogy I think for what this Pens' team reminds me of...

Old
05-20-2017, 12:57 PM
JimmyTwoTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-30-33 View Post
Matt Murray. He's going to have to be sharp, Sens will want to get that W, Pens will have to smother them defensivly and attack them offensivly.
Yeah we are 2-3 in our last 5 home games, time for Murray to end that.

Old
05-20-2017, 01:00 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Switching back to series thread.

Closed Thread