HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

Fisher Conference Final: Montreal Canadiens vs Montreal Maroons

Old
05-26-2017, 09:47 PM
TheDevilMadeMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarek View Post
How often do you see your 3rd line playing against his 3rd pairing? I can't imagine it would happen often enough to matter..

That being said, you're probably right that it might be an issue in transition. I just have a very hard time imagining a scenario where RB's 3rd pair and your 3rd line are on the ice at the same time in RB's offensive zone..
Who else is the third pairing playing against if not the third line?

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 10:19 PM
jarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Who else is the third pairing playing against if not the third line?
Maybe nobody. However, how often is that exact situation going to happen? It's so situational to the point that it's a largely irrelevant concern IMO.

jarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 11:08 PM
TheDevilMadeMe

Quote:
Maybe nobody. However, how often is that exact situation going to happen? It's so situational to the point that it's a largely irrelevant concern IMO.
It's standard practice for a coach to prefer to match his 3rd best pairing against the 3rd best line of the other team.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 11:18 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
It's standard practice for a coach to prefer to match his 3rd best pairing against the 3rd best line of the other team.
I have to be honest jarek, this is a pretty basic concept, you're trying to get your top 2 D pairs out against your opponents' scoring lines to stop them, so naturally your 3rd pairing will see a lot of time against your opponents' 3rd line.

Hawkey Town 18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 11:46 PM
jarek

That isn't the point guys..

Old
05-27-2017, 08:47 AM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
That isn't the point guys..
I don't follow. Here's how I'm seeing things with regards to this specific topic:

- BB is saying his 3rd line against RB's 3rd pairing is a matchup in his favor because of speed (a pretty standard type of argument for a series thread)
- You said you don't think that matchup will present itself often enough to be considered relevant
- TDMM and I disagreed for the reasons we stated

Now obviously this is merely one factor/matchup/comparison among many that need to be considered and not the crux of the entire series but surely worth mentioning. Is there something else I'm missing?

Hawkey Town 18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2017, 11:29 AM
ResilientBeast
ATD Draft Czar

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
I don't follow. Here's how I'm seeing things with regards to this specific topic:

- BB is saying his 3rd line against RB's 3rd pairing is a matchup in his favor because of speed (a pretty standard type of argument for a series thread)
- You said you don't think that matchup will present itself often enough to be considered relevant

Now obviously this is merely one factor/matchup/comparison among many that need to be considered and not the crux of the entire series but surely worth mentioning. Is there something else I'm missing?
My counter to that is with that you're ignoring 60% of my skaters on the ice.

He has two speedy forwards on a line, with the exception of my third line I have at least two speedy back checking forwards who should be able to minimize the threat when my third pairing is out there.

ResilientBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2017, 01:11 PM
jarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post

The Amonte line figures to be playing 13 minutes a game at ES. The speed advantage will not be very relevant in the defensive zone IMO. So the only time it'll really matter is on the transition. How many times per game do you figure that's going to happen if the Amonte line plays those 13 minutes, AND RB's 3rd pair is out, AND they're in RB's offensive zone, AND the puck gets turned over in such a way that allows a clean zone exit where RB's defense has to chase them down?

It just seems like something that MIGHT happen once a game.. if that..