HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Sens trade maybe coming...Dorion "done shopping....might be in the checkout line"

Old
Yesterday, 04:16 PM
IranCondraAffair

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotes86 View Post
no interest in edler and pairing him with karlsson. like the world cup?
Meh. Sens don't really have the money for Edler, and Vancouver seems to want a fortune for him, despite what the market.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:17 PM
edguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranCondraAffair View Post
Meh. Sens don't really have the money for Edler, and Vancouver seems to want a fortune for him, despite what the market.
He makes what 100K more then Meth? We could definitely afford that.

edguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:32 PM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by edguy View Post
He makes what 100K more then Meth? We could definitely afford that.
In cap, maybe. Not in actual dollars. Edler makes 6M next season and none of it is signing bonus that has been prepaid.

Even if some redundant roster players like Boro and Hammond went the other way, best guess has Ottawa paying an extra 3.3M, which knocks us 2.5M over the budget.

Deadline acquisition maybe, but not off-season. Not unless Vancouver is desperate to get rid of him.

Vancouver fans have been pushing an Edler trade forever. I don't see a fit.

Old
Yesterday, 04:59 PM
yotes86

Quote:
Originally Posted by edguy View Post
Yeah I dont think the NTC would be a huge obstacle. The price might be though. Personally think his value is gonna be around Methot's.. My Offer would be

2019 3rd+Nick Paul (Worse pick then Methot brought back, but a way better prospect), all in all thats probably better value then Methot got, but i'd be willing to do it.
we need a solid pick, or a decent c or d prospect and a later pick. that offer is not too enticing to the canucks from my view anyways

yotes86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 05:02 PM
edguy

Quote:
we need a solid pick, or a decent c or d prospect and a later pick. that offer is not too enticing to the canucks from my view anyways
Yeah then theres no real deal to be made. The markets just not there for it.
Next year's deadline will be the time to move him for a late 1st or a pair of 2nds

edguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 05:02 PM
yotes86

Quote:
In cap, maybe. Not in actual dollars. Edler makes 6M next season and none of it is signing bonus that has been prepaid.

Even if some redundant roster players like Boro and Hammond went the other way, best guess has Ottawa paying an extra 3.3M, which knocks us 2.5M over the budget.

Deadline acquisition maybe, but not off-season. Not unless Vancouver is desperate to get rid of him.

Vancouver fans have been pushing an Edler trade forever. I don't see a fit.
its just time to move on from edler. we are rebuilding he doesnt fit in that area as when he is a ufa we will still be a subpar team. So be best for him to move on to a team that can compete in the playoffs.

His value is not huge, but he is not scrap. He has played on a dreadful team for the past few years.

Old
Yesterday, 05:06 PM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
its just time to move on from edler. we are rebuilding he doesnt fit in that area as when he is a ufa we will still be a subpar team. So be best for him to move on to a team that can compete in the playoffs.

His value is not huge, but he is not scrap. He has played on a dreadful team for the past few years.
I'm in complete agreement:

Vancouver should move Edler and get picks/prospects
Vancouver will not be competitive in Edler's last two seasons.
Vancouver will get the best return from a team going to the playoffs
Edler should have decent value from the right buyer.

I just don't see a fit with Ottawa. Ottawa can't afford his salary, and Vancouver can find a much better team at the deadline willing to give better assets. C'est la vie.

Old
Yesterday, 05:17 PM
yotes86

Quote:
I'm in complete agreement:

Vancouver should move Edler and get picks/prospects
Vancouver will not be competitive in Edler's last two seasons.
Vancouver will get the best return from a team going to the playoffs
Edler should have decent value from the right buyer.

I just don't see a fit with Ottawa. Ottawa can't afford his salary, and Vancouver can find a much better team at the deadline willing to give better assets. C'est la vie.
Its surprising that they cant affort 5m cap hit? are they that big of a budget team? They had a successful decent run last year. Making the owner some quality playoff money.

If they want that to continue surely they need to address the departure of Methot with capable top 4 replacement?

If not that is fine, there way be some other teams who could have interest going forward

Old
Yesterday, 05:28 PM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Its surprising that they cant affort 5m cap hit? are they that big of a budget team? They had a successful decent run last year. Making the owner some quality playoff money.

If they want that to continue surely they need to address the departure of Methot with capable top 4 replacement?

If not that is fine, there way be some other teams who could have interest going forward
Ottawa's budget is around 70M. They made a deep run, sure, but they also need money to re-sign some key players going forward. There's a guy named Karlsson they probably want to keep.

I'm not entirely sure they need to address their defense. I'd like to further upgrade to third pairing, but 6M on a budget team is too much for an uncertain upgrade.

They have, arguably, the best young defender outside the NHL in Chabot. They also have a couple decent options outside of Chabot in Claesson and Harpur. Karlsson himself has stated that he likes playing beside Claesson.

Keep in mind, C-Bus called Methot a 3rd pairing guy before he went to Ottawa. I'm not confident that Claesson will 100% replace Methot, I am however confident that Claesson - Phaneuf - Chabot is better than Methot - Phaneuf - Borwiecki, which is what Ottawa ran with last season.

Edler just is not a fit at 6m, and certainly not a fit for the assets Vancouver would want for the retention Ottawa would need.