HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

How much fast food do you eat a month?

Old
10-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

vCash: 50
If Tim Horton's coffee counts as fast food, then 2-3 times a week. If not, then 1 or 2 times a month.

Hugh Mann* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 02:44 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
Anyone else used to eat fast food all the time as a kid? I would constantly have BK. It's not like my mom was a bad parent, but I played a lot of sports as a kid and we wouldn't really have much time to eat anything else.

Sidenote: I never drink soda except for the handful of times per month when I eat fastfood. That moment when I do have a cherry pepsi fountain soda though with that fast food..it's like heaven.
Yeah, same here... I was always in some sort of sport, and same with my two younger sisters. Lots of fast food here because like you said, no time. That and a lot of crock pot things my Mom could slap together in like 5 minutes in the morning.

RayP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 02:49 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

vCash: 500
I actually gave up fast food last year and this year as well as soda this year. Not because I had to, but just to see if I could. My cholestoral went down about 40 points (which is good, because I've always had high cholestoral) and I feel much better. I do miss me some McDonalds Fries and Taco Bell Soft Tacos from time to time. But nothing has been worse than going on a week long road trip vacation without drinking soda or eatting fast food. Must be what heroin addicts feel like when they cant use.

dr robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 02:50 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

I rarely ever stop at BK, McD's, etc anymore. It's probably close to once every 3-4 months, and that's usually if I'm on the road or if I'm heading home for the weekend and haven't had time for dinner. There's a Chick-Fil-A a mile or so from my office, which isn't terrible by fast food standards, but even that is like once a month if I'm lucky.

Now if we're talking stuff that is microwavable from the grocery store, that probably bumps me to twice a week, maybe a third time if I include a medium pizza from a local pizza joint.

iamjs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:16 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Yeah, same here... I was always in some sort of sport, and same with my two younger sisters. Lots of fast food here because like you said, no time. That and a lot of crock pot things my Mom could slap together in like 5 minutes in the morning.
Quote:
Anyone else used to eat fast food all the time as a kid? I would constantly have BK. It's not like my mom was a bad parent, but I played a lot of sports as a kid and we wouldn't really have much time to eat anything else.

Sidenote: I never drink soda except for the handful of times per month when I eat fastfood. That moment when I do have a cherry pepsi fountain soda though with that fast food..it's like heaven.
Please. Hundreds of perfectly nutritious meals can be made in the time that it takes to go to a fast food place.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:18 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Please. Hundreds of perfectly nutritious meals can be made in the time that it takes to go to a fast food place.
You can eat healthy at fast food restaurants, you know... and as soon as my Mom got home (single mother raising 3 kids and working full time), we would hit the road without her car ever turning off.

My Mom also is a terrible cook, and it isn't something she has ever really had a great interest in...

RayP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

I admit most of the time when I actually do eat fast food it's because I'm tired coming home from work and don't really feel like taking the time to cook a proper meal. Or I'm just at home on a Sunday night or something and cooking just seems like a bit of a chore when you live alone.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

Also fast food can be part of a healthy diet as long as it's not eaten too often and so long as you get a decent amount of physical exercise.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Probably about 2-3. Typically for the sake of convenience. As long as your calorie intake is good to go, there really isn't much of a problem in indulging every once in a while.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
Also fast food can be part of a healthy diet as long as it's not eaten too often and so long as you get a decent amount of physical exercise.
I was wondering this.

I had two doubles from BK after hockey yesterday. I wondered if that was ok since it was after a nice physical work out. Probably still terrible for you.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

Well, what I meant was (and I'm obviously not an expert so take this with a grain of salt) that you can have fast food every once in a while and still be healthy. There's no need to cut it completely out of your diet. And it's not like the stuff is cardboard, your body is still getting necessary nutrients out of any fast food, even if the proportions are way out of whack.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:07 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

More or less once a week when it comes to burger places like A&W, Harvey's or BK. Same for Subway(there's one just beside my job and it's about the only restaurant near...).

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
Well, what I meant was (and I'm obviously not an expert so take this with a grain of salt) that you can have fast food every once in a while and still be healthy. There's no need to cut it completely out of your diet. And it's not like the stuff is cardboard, your body is still getting necessary nutrients out of any fast food, even if the proportions are way out of whack.
A lot of athletes eat a lot of pretty crappy food which might surprise a lot of people, but they burn so many calories every day that they just need to eat as many cals as possible so quick fast food can accomplish that.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:13 PM
guest1467

Quote:
A lot of athletes eat a lot of pretty crappy food which might surprise a lot of people, but they burn so many calories every day that they just need to eat as many cals as possible so quick fast food can accomplish that.
They would perform better if they didn't.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

Quote:
Yeah their dietary needs are so different from yours and mine though. They need lots of carbohydrates in way greater quantities than we do. Fast food can help them perform better. They also eat tons of pasta before games for the same reason.