HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Purdy: Bad TV deal could threaten Sharks' ability to stay in San Jose

Old
06-19-2014, 03:43 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
As far as suite revenue goes, do they need more suites or more revenue per suite or both?
It's both. The NHL has a minimum number of suites to certify a venue (~50?), but I am sure it includes total capacity of the suites. The last I looked the Sharks were on the low side on suite count.

The argument against insane capacity (~>20K) is that if it isn't sold out that it depresses the overall per seat price.

I do think the Sharks will want more out of their venue when the time is right. Both suites and seats.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 04:19 AM
goldenshark

I knew once the Warriors owners announced their arena in SF that the Sharks would be interested. If San Jose wants to make sure they never lose the Sharks, they'll remodel SAP Center. I have to be honest though, I like the sound of San Francisco Sharks, it has a nice ring to it.

goldenshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 02:32 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenshark View Post
I knew once the Warriors owners announced their arena in SF that the Sharks would be interested. If San Jose wants to make sure they never lose the Sharks, they'll remodel SAP Center. I have to be honest though, I like the sound of San Francisco Sharks, it has a nice ring to it.
Could they renovate SAP Center? Thinking about this some more, there are a few things they could do to make the Arena better, as in fix the Camera angles and have an "Inside the Glass" area instead of having it be on a milk box. It's a nice Arena and I'm not sure why the Sharks would want to move outside Silicon Valley but I hope they don't move out of the Bay Area entirely.

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 02:37 PM
Hertl
加油

I doubt they could expand SAP arena. Place is comparatively tiny. I don't see how they could add 3k+ seats.

Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 03:36 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharksfan39 View Post
Could they renovate SAP Center? Thinking about this some more, there are a few things they could do to make the Arena better, as in fix the Camera angles and have an "Inside the Glass" area instead of having it be on a milk box. It's a nice Arena and I'm not sure why the Sharks would want to move outside Silicon Valley but I hope they don't move out of the Bay Area entirely.
not without people losing seats. They cant go higher, they cant go steeper. The building needs to be wider so the concourse isnt so crowded.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 03:39 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

Revolutionary Idea: Plexiglass standing area where the rafters are for a sky high view of the game. Danger+hockey excitement

hohosaregood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 03:40 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharksfan39 View Post
and have an "Inside the Glass" area instead of having it be on a milk box.
Please no!

DarrylshutzSydor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 03:48 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylshutzSydor View Post
Please no!
Well, there has to be an Inside the Glass area because that's pretty much what NBC wants. Also, why not?

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote