HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2014 - 15 Season

Old
04-17-2015, 12:15 PM
jason2020

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Thousands? Really?

And every non-Ottawa team will be driving "out of town" for every single game.

And as I stated before, SensPlex ice is the most expensive in Eastern Ontario. That alone will cost "thousands" more.
No by out of town people mean places like Toronto.

jason2020 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2015, 12:16 PM
jason2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleydude View Post
LOL. It will be a great league with 12 teams of kids who live within 20 miles of the Kanata Sensplex.
Its all of eastern Ontario 2-3 hours not just Ottawa.

Old
04-17-2015, 12:34 PM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2020 View Post
Its all of eastern Ontario 2-3 hours not just Ottawa.
Now I get it. So it's way cheaper to drive 2-3 hours to games and practice 4-6 times per week then it is to drive to Toronto (3.5hours) 4 times a year. Hmmmm.

Were you on the panel that approved this "pilot" program ?

valleydude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2015, 05:04 PM
hockeyfan2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchltier1fan View Post
Once again, KA may be the one suggesting these ideas but he had zero votes in either situation.

If Jr B did not want to do it then the teams should not have endorsed it 100%. It would have been easy for 8-10 teams to stay in EOJHL but they chose not to.

With Midget I am not sure how it is the dark ages, Midget is all one group everywhere in Canada but Ontario along with almost all of the USA. The one to one relationship between Junior and the U18 has worked extraordinarily well for the USA. Once again this was voted on by HEO Minor Council, not KA or any Junior teams. If there should have been Q & A then ask HEO why it never happened.

Hockey has involved $$ for some time, in AAA executive members pay themselves, coaches earn as much or more than Jr coaches, AAA Associations charge too much for tryouts, conditioning camps.....

All sports are the same at the highest levels, just the way it is.
If you really believe that KA was not heavily involved, then you do not know anything. From what I have heard, he is one of the driving forces for this new league.

As well if you really think that the owners went along willing, then again you do not know anything.

There is lots that people do not know. I for one would like the guys to be open and transparent on what has happened and what is going to happen.

Please tell us.

hockeyfan2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2015, 05:07 PM
hockeyfan2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highstic View Post
For the most part I agree with you 97P. The only issue that I can see here is that Ron and the referee scheduler decided to assign a referee that had made some very controversial calls in game 3. The suspensions, whether warrented or not, argueably had a direct impact on the outcome of the series. It is impossible to think that anyone with half a brain couldn't figure out that this assignment would likely create more bad blood, and that the potential for further drama was likely unavoidable. There is a deep stable of highly qualified Jr. level referees here in Ottawa. Other than one other JrA playoff series in the region, there was no other Jr. finals in play anywhere. Were all of the other officials out of town at a referees conference? Common sense was not used here at all.

So my point is this. Why would you knowingly throw the guy back into a critical game, knowing full well that tempers could still be hot? Utter stupidity and was frankly ignorant to do to anyone, including the poor referee himself. It was a no win situation from the start. I absolutely agree that referees should be treated with respect. I do not however agree that officials can't have a direct impact on the outcome of a game. Look at that poor umpire that blew the pitchers "perfect game" a few years ago..... Officials are human, and sometimes make mistakes. Why would you throw that same official back behind the plate just 3 games later..... In a game between the same two teams? In a do or die situation??

Anyhow, Cassleman has a great squad and should be proud of their repeat. Congratulations. Both teams should be applauded for getting as far as they did, and for both having fantastic seasons. All the best to all of the players, coaches and fans in the offseason.
I have heard that this Ron guy has had it out for Stittsville for years. Any wonder that he was involved in the decision to assigned the same ref that ****ed up in Casselman. I have been talking to many people that have been involved with the league for years and there NEVER has been two match penalties in one game, let alone the finals. I wonder if Stittsville had any say in who the ref would be in theor last home game.

Old
04-18-2015, 08:39 AM
jason2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleydude View Post
Now I get it. So it's way cheaper to drive 2-3 hours to games and practice 4-6 times per week then it is to drive to Toronto (3.5hours) 4 times a year. Hmmmm.

Were you on the panel that approved this "pilot" program ?
To go to Toronto 4-6 times your looking not only at cost but travel and no I was not on the panal but atleast give them some credit for trying to make things better

Old
04-18-2015, 09:02 AM
BigBuck

Quote:
To go to Toronto 4-6 times your looking not only at cost but travel and no I was not on the panal but atleast give them some credit for trying to make things better
Tournaments used to be a fun part of hockey...Eliminating fun is not making things better.

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 08:10 PM
Highstic

Quote:
Once again, KA may be the one suggesting these ideas but he had zero votes in either situation.

If Jr B did not want to do it then the teams should not have endorsed it 100%. It would have been easy for 8-10 teams to stay in EOJHL but they chose not to.

With Midget I am not sure how it is the dark ages, Midget is all one group everywhere in Canada but Ontario along with almost all of the USA. The one to one relationship between Junior and the U18 has worked extraordinarily well for the USA. Once again this was voted on by HEO Minor Council, not KA or any Junior teams. If there should have been Q & A then ask HEO why it never happened.

Hockey has involved $$ for some time, in AAA executive members pay themselves, coaches earn as much or more than Jr coaches, AAA Associations charge too much for tryouts, conditioning camps.....

All sports are the same at the highest levels, just the way it is.
Keep drinking the Coolaide C1F.......

Highstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Highstic

Really?

Quote:
For midget what it does is saves parents a boat load of money and to have a showcase on Saturdays and Mondays will only help players.
Proposed Showcase weekends over - the mainstay Whitby AAa Siverstick, Marlies AAa Christmas Tournament, Huskies AAATourney, London Golden Knights AAA , AAA Tournament of Champions.....OHL Cup??? Are you guy nuts????????. Get outta Ottawa if you think that you have a kid that can play. Yes "if he's good enough they'll find him", but outside of TO it will be very tough. At least we brought the needle I the haystack to the scouts in Central Ontario throughout the season. Now the needle is Buried much deeper...... And our HEO kids will have a much tougher time being spotted (unless a McDavid of course)........RIP Minor Midget AAA - wtf??

Old
04-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Highstic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
Tournaments used to be a fun part of hockey...Eliminating fun is not making things better.
Wow BB, probably the most insightful statement of the year!! Amen....... People are losing focus here and KA should stop down now.

Old
04-19-2015, 08:25 PM
hockeyfan2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highstic View Post
Wow BB, probably the most insightful statement of the year!! Amen....... People are losing focus here and KA should stop down now.
I agree. get rid of KA and the rest of the HEO executive.

Let's bring it back to the kids who play this game.

Old
04-20-2015, 01:59 PM
hjh08

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2014 View Post
I agree. get rid of KA and the rest of the HEO executive.

Let's bring it back to the kids who play this game.
Unfortunately it all started with Richard Sennott, past HEO Executive Director. He up and retired and handed the job to his right hand woman Debbie Rambeau. Now Debbie is a nice person and has been in HEO for awhile now, but my experience with her is she has a hard time making tough decisions. Curse him for retiring and enjoying life.

When she first came into power I would ask her a question and she would say, I'll check with Ron McRostie and let me know....or I'll check with Kevin Abrams and let you know.

She is a puppet to those two and the HEO will never be safe until those two are gone.

On three seperate occasions I had contacted Mr. Sennott, since he still makes himself available and discussed what the answer to my questions should be and yet on each one Ron McRostie had a different perception and thats what Debbie would answer with. At least with Mr. Sennott you got a straight forward answer and put it to you blunt. If your wrong he tells you and why! With Debbie its a struggle.

Again just my experience. Very nice lady, just wrong people around her.

I truly don't think he would have approved the changes. Does anyone know if he advised on this as I think he is still involved in HEO but not sure other than a life long member now.

hjh08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2015, 07:37 PM
cchltier1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjh08 View Post
Unfortunately it all started with Richard Sennott, past HEO Executive Director. He up and retired and handed the job to his right hand woman Debbie Rambeau. Now Debbie is a nice person and has been in HEO for awhile now, but my experience with her is she has a hard time making tough decisions. Curse him for retiring and enjoying life.

When she first came into power I would ask her a question and she would say, I'll check with Ron McRostie and let me know....or I'll check with Kevin Abrams and let you know.

She is a puppet to those two and the HEO will never be safe until those two are gone.

On three seperate occasions I had contacted Mr. Sennott, since he still makes himself available and discussed what the answer to my questions should be and yet on each one Ron McRostie had a different perception and thats what Debbie would answer with. At least with Mr. Sennott you got a straight forward answer and put it to you blunt. If your wrong he tells you and why! With Debbie its a struggle.

Again just my experience. Very nice lady, just wrong people around her.

I truly don't think he would have approved the changes. Does anyone know if he advised on this as I think he is still involved in HEO but not sure other than a life long member now.
Richard spoke at CCHL U16 Camp on weekend in presentations, fully supportive of concept, he is also part of CCHL Executive. He said that first discussions of this concept started in 2010. I do not believe Debbie has a vote on HEO Minor Council who approved the 3 year Pilot.

cchltier1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2015, 09:41 PM
hockeyfan2014

R..ip eojhl

I hear that the EOJHL is going out with a whimper. In fact from what I have heard the league is dead.

Without any information on the new league, what the HE "double hockey sticks" is happening?

Is this a play for the CCHL to get rid of Junior B and have the HEO kids play in the Super Midget (or whatever they call it), then play Junior A for the kids good enough?

From everything that is going on, the Midget thing is seems to be happening, but we have heard NOTHING about Junior B. Sounds really strange to me.

Old
04-23-2015, 02:50 PM
Jeff077

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2014 View Post
I hear that the EOJHL is going out with a whimper. In fact from what I have heard the league is dead.

Without any information on the new league, what the HE "double hockey sticks" is happening?

Is this a play for the CCHL to get rid of Junior B and have the HEO kids play in the Super Midget (or whatever they call it), then play Junior A for the kids good enough?

From everything that is going on, the Midget thing is seems to be happening, but we have heard NOTHING about Junior B. Sounds really strange to me.
Not sure what you mean, the 16 teams of the new CCHL Tier2 were announced last week. The U18 was also announced as 3 year Pilot project.

Jeff077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2015, 06:42 PM
Highstic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
Not sure what you mean, the 16 teams of the new CCHL Tier2 were announced last week. The U18 was also announced as 3 year Pilot project.
CCHL Tier 2....... Really?? What a joke. Going back months ago in these strings, one of the supporters of the "new league" mentioned one of the rationals behind changing it from Jr B to Tier 2 JrA, was to help convince American recruits that are released by the CJ Tier1 clubs, to sick around and develop within the league. Apparently optically Tier 2 A is a more appealing label for the Yankees. This will in turn reduce opportunities for our LOCAL players. Now reduce the EOJHL by 6 teams, further reducing about 125 opportunities for LOCAL players. Less roster spots, less teams, and encouraging American kids to stay and fill more spots, does not equal "further and improved hockey development and opportunities for our own LOCAL and Canadian players" As for the U18 plan, such a shame for all of the minor midget AAA kids chasing the dream. Not that playing in the CJ isn't a great accomplishment, but most minor midget elite players aspire to being drafted and possibly playing in the OHL. The CJ can hardly manage it's own league (except perhaps for CP, Pembroke and a few others). In fact in order for the league to succeed the "pay to play" model was introduced about 2 years ago, and now the money grab continues.....The crickets are still chirping and no word from the head of the snake KA?? Why has he not called a general meeting at a large venue to unveil the "new structure", and plan??. This is the craziest case of transparent and unopposed **** of the membership I have ever seen. Hockey is one of the most expensive and time consuming sports available, but is also one of Canada's great pastimes. The current disrespect being shown to the entire membership is deplorable. I have also heard that some AAA associations may fold entirely with the Min/Maj Midget AAA programs gone, and in turn, all other clubs, and levels will lose AAA as there will not be enough teams to support the league at all. Mind blowing and illogical. Short sighted and clearly just based on the new league names alone, this entire scheme is only to support CCHL Tier 1's needs. U18 "development" teams (tied directly to Tier1 Jr A), and now the loss of EOJHL JrB and the addition of the new CCHL Tier 2 loop to feed Tier 1 as well....feed it both players and $$$$$. Wow......

Old
04-23-2015, 07:34 PM
Highstic

Quote:
Richard spoke at CCHL U16 Camp on weekend in presentations, fully supportive of concept, he is also part of CCHL Executive. He said that first discussions of this concept started in 2010. I do not believe Debbie has a vote on HEO Minor Council who approved the 3 year Pilot.
C1F, honestly I have read your posts all year, and frankly your posts are always leaning towards a "pro" CCHL agenda, and "who cares about the rest". You have consistently made it clear that you feel CCHL is more skilled, bigger, faster...blah, blah, blah.... Kanata, Cumberland, Rangers and Nepean would have struggled to beat the EOJHL Cassleman, Gatineau, Stittsville and Renfrew clubs this year. Your pro CCHL slant may lead one to believe that you are an owner of one of these Tier1 clubs? Furthermore, anyone that really knows Richard S knows that he will always support the HEO position. He is old guard and a class act and a real TEAM player. The fact that he publicly supported the "pilot project", doesn't mean that he feels it is really the right decision. He's happily retired, and it's KA that drives this ship. This chat room is for the EOJHL, and full of concerned fans and supporters. Frankly your constant tripe justifying the steamrolling of JrB, and now Minor and Major Midget, by the CCHL makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth every time I read it..... Apart from a had full of classy and well managed teams, the CCHL isn't the end all, be all, of Eastern Ontario hockey.

Old
04-25-2015, 11:39 AM
BadgerKnight

Gan Islanders

Gan Islanders have been acquired by a Kingston businessman. Confirmed that the team is moving to the Empire B Junior C Hockey League & maybe a name change is to occur.

http://www.thewhig.com/2015/04/23/ki...oque-islanders

BadgerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 08:41 AM
Jeff077

Rumour from the weekend is that after the CCHL Tier2 bought out the franchises of Almonte and Shawville, they were allowed to sell of the players as assets rather than having them be free agents.
Word is Perth has bought both rosters and now currently have over 50 players that played in the EOJHL last year at their disposal.
Not sure how the new league could/would allow something like that but it was certainly being talked about as a done deal at the CCHL prospect camp.

Old
Today, 09:28 AM
SensHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
Rumour from the weekend is that after the CCHL Tier2 bought out the franchises of Almonte and Shawville, they were allowed to sell of the players as assets rather than having them be free agents.
Word is Perth has bought both rosters and now currently have over 50 players that played in the EOJHL last year at their disposal.
Not sure how the new league could/would allow something like that but it was certainly being talked about as a done deal at the CCHL prospect camp.
Shawville wasn't bought out by the league. They have been offered no compensation at all.

SensHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 09:37 AM
Jeff077

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensHero View Post
Shawville wasn't bought out by the league. They have been offered no compensation at all.
Sorry, you are correct, the out of branch teams did not require a buyout.