HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Giroux vs. Kessel

View Poll Results: Who is the better player?
Giroux 248 53.33%
Kessel 217 46.67%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-31-2014, 01:48 AM
sansabri
like a docent's lisp

vCash: 500
lol @ how close this poll is.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 03:43 AM
jgoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Dangles View Post
Uh. Exactly. When 30 goals is best compared to 50 assists, that is supporting the argument that goals are harder to come by, and therefore worth more.
So what are you saying? That Kessel is a better player because he scores more goals? Does that mean Corey Perry is a better player than Crosby because he has more goals? Yeah okay

jgoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 03:46 AM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
Why is that surprising? Kessel is just as elite when it comes to Giroux. Also I'm willing to bet if he played on any other team but the Leafs and was putting up the same stats we have seen the past few years, he would get a lot more respect from other fans.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 03:50 AM
sansabri
like a docent's lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Why is that surprising? Kessel is just as elite when it comes to Giroux. Also I'm willing to bet if he played on any other team but the Leafs and was putting up the same stats we have seen the past few years, he would get a lot more respect from other fans.
Kessel gets plenty of respect. i don't get where this nonsense of, 'it's not fair, everyone underrates him because he plays on the Leafs' when there's over a thousand comments from other fan bases that say otherwise.

Giroux is still a better player than Kessel, though. typical fickle HFB.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 05:15 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Kessel gets plenty of respect. i don't get where this nonsense of, 'it's not fair, everyone underrates him because he plays on the Leafs' when there's over a thousand comments from other fan bases that say otherwise.

Giroux is still a better player than Kessel, though. typical fickle HFB.
I agree, Kessel gets plenty of respect, he just is not as good of a player as Giroux, it's that simple.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 05:32 AM
Mr Writer

Giroux always was and always will be the better player. Although I'd gladly take Kessel on my team as well and live with the flaws in his game, but if Kessel is your 2nd line winger, then you should have a dangerously potent offense.

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 06:47 AM
Tpinheiro4

Quote:
I think if we started this poll again Giroux would have a very big lead. Like 65% to 35%. This poll was started on a Kessel hot streak and you know how HF is.

Tpinheiro4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 06:58 AM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Uh. Exactly. When 30 goals is best compared to 50 assists, that is supporting the argument that goals are harder to come by, and therefore worth more.
But to get 50 assists, your team has to score 50 goals. There's no other way for that to happen.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 08:10 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
But again, WHY are you pulling these 62 games out and looking at them in a vaccuum?
Do you now understand why?

There is a very good chance that by the end of the season, those 62 games will have been the only instance in the 4 past season where Kessel outproduced Giroux for any significant amount of time. It's called adding context to statistics.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 10:41 AM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
So what are you saying? That Kessel is a better player because he scores more goals? Does that mean Corey Perry is a better player than Crosby because he has more goals? Yeah okay
Or that Jonathan Cheechoo was the better player over Joe Thornton on those Sharks teams when he was scoring 56 & 37 goals to Joe's 20 & 22 goals? Or that Peter Bondra was a better player offensively (let alone overall) than Peter Forsberg?

mja is offline   Reply With Quote