HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver firesale at the the draft

Old
03-13-2014, 12:11 PM
Van

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Alex Edler

for

Lars Eller, B LEVEL PROSPECT AND A 1ST IN 2014
I'd do it, unfortunately Gillis has a stupidly high value on him and probably wouldn't do it.

For me the ideal situation would be to do the above trade for Edler and then trade Kesler for Etem+Vatanen + ott 1st

Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:41 PM
Pure West

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersej View Post
This. I think its safe to assume that Kesler will be a good player over the next two years of his contract. After that? I mean Henrik and Daniel have turned into 60 point players at 33. Kesler's injury history and style of play doesn't scream Teemu Selanne career length. I think the Pittsburgh offer or Pouliot, Sutter and 1st is probably about fair value, however, that obviously doesn't lineup with Vancouver's needs.
Ryan Kesler doesn't need to play into his late 30's for this trade to work. He has 2 years left at an excellent dollar amount...which you'd have to think is the absolute perfect contract to take on if you're a contender. Chances are, contending teams aren't looking for Kesler to be their go to guy and a player to build around down the road... but moreso that last piece to put them over the top for the next couple years.

I don't think the Canucks were all that enthralled with Sutter, nor are there many reasons to be. Does he have any upside? Not really....he hasn't lived up to his 2nd NHL season where he scored 21 goals and 40 points, and its not just because he's playing behind Crosby and Malkin as he had 2 seasons afterwards and didn't improve much. Does he have any contract value? Nope. He's paid according to his production (at least his 20 goal season), and if anything is overpaid now. At 2.7 million, and in his 6th NHL season, he's not taking a paycut....and if the Canucks wanted to buy his UFA years which are near by, they'd be stuck paying a lot more than what he's worth. Does he fill an organizational need? Not really....as Shawn Matthias is filling that role now, and 2 1st round picks from 2012 and 2013 are also projected as big, physical 3rd line centers.

Pouliot is a great piece to add, and really is the centerpiece of a deal like that. But personally....even though its a tough sell to the fans to not get an NHL roster player back in a Kesler deal, I'd rather just take extra draft picks or prospects than Sutter. Since the Canucks big need would be a center with some significant upside to play on the top 2 lines, I don't think Pittsburgh makes a good trading partner. They have the center position on the top 2 lines filled out pretty well at the NHL level....so not surprisingly they don't really have that piece.

Pure West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:00 AM
boss33

Kesler, Edler, & 2nd Pick To Philly For B Schenn, J Vorachek, W Simmonds

boss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss33 View Post
Kesler, Edler, & 2nd Pick To Philly For B Schenn, J Vorachek, W Simmonds
No way from the Flyers

Frodo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Drew Doubty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins View Post
No way from the Flyers
Yea, Canucks fan here, if Gillis pulled that off it would be steal of the century. Id do any of those players straight up for edler (easily) and Kesler isnt worth any combo of the two remaining. Something more like Voracek + Simmonds might be closer, but still unlikely.

Drew Doubty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:12 AM
GoWings21

vCash: 552
If the Sedins are willing to move to Detroit and Vancouver is going with a fire sale, how about:

To Vancouver:
Sheahan
Jurco
Sproul
Weiss
2015 First

To Detroit:
Sedin
Sedin

Detroit goes all in with the final years of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and the Sedins. Vancouver gets two young talented NHL forwards, an elite OFD prospect in Sproul and a cap dump in Weiss. Not sure if I want to do this as it hurts Detroit's future, but it makes them serious contenders for the next 2-3 years.

GoWings21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Bo Shinkaruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins View Post
No way from the Flyers
Edler Hansen + 2nd 2014 for Simmonds + B.Schenn.

Bo Shinkaruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:54 AM
CanucksSayEh

Edler and Hansen for Simmonds.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 12:29 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWings21 View Post
If the Sedins are willing to move to Detroit and Vancouver is going with a fire sale, how about:

To Vancouver:
Sheahan
Jurco
Sproul
Weiss
2015 First

To Detroit:
Sedin
Sedin

Detroit goes all in with the final years of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and the Sedins. Vancouver gets two young talented NHL forwards, an elite OFD prospect in Sproul and a cap dump in Weiss. Not sure if I want to do this as it hurts Detroit's future, but it makes them serious contenders for the next 2-3 years.
Add the 2016 and 2017 1sts and we'll retain half their contracts.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 12:33 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Alex Edler

for

Lars Eller, B LEVEL PROSPECT AND A 1ST IN 2014
Eh. The "B Level Prospect" I'm going to guess excludes Fucale, McCarron, Beaulieu, Tinordi plus anyone else the fanbase is smitten with and the first round pick could be ~20ish which isn't stellar either.

Eller's a solid player but I have my doubts about him having much unexplored upside.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 12:38 PM
TOGuy14

Toronto would really want Bieksa if there was a sale.

I'd give 2014 1st + average prospect for him which seems fair enough to me.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 12:44 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Quote:

To Vancouver:
Sheahan
Jurco
Sproul
Weiss
2015 First

To Detroit:
Sedin
Sedin

Honestly, the Twins have expressed zero interest in playing anywhere but Vancouver or Modo. They have full control and they will retire before they accept a trade. They've even said that they would have an important role to play if the Canucks are rebuilding. You never say never, but of all the players on the roster, the Twins are probably the least likely to be moved.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 12:50 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:

To Vancouver:
Sheahan
Jurco
Sproul
Weiss
2015 First

To Detroit:
Sedin
Sedin

This kills Detroit for a long time.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 05:34 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:

To Vancouver:
Sheahan
Jurco
Sproul
Weiss
2015 First

To Detroit:
Sedin
Sedin

You're trading maybe $7M worth of players to Vancouver and Detroits taking on $14M for both of the Sedins and since the cap will only be around $68M this year we're taking on far to much salary. Seriously doubt that the Sedins would want to leave Vancouver since they just signed new contract extencions and this would hurt Detroit for the forseeable future.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Derp Kassian

Quote:

To Vancouver:
Sheahan
Jurco
Sproul
Weiss
2015 First

To Detroit:
Sedin
Sedin

I'd take it, but it ain't happening. They are basically our Dats/Z.

Derp Kassian is online now   Reply With Quote