HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AVALANCHE (7-8-1) @ DUCKS (12-2-1) 5:00pm

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 09:37 AM
  #526
NEWFowler
hi
 
NEWFowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,281
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Happy to see P&G scoring

Congrats to Perry for becoming the 10th Duck this season to score at least 4 goals. Weird, but i like it.

I didn`t saw the game, so a few questions:

1. How did Holland looked? Looks like a good night in the FO circle.
2. Also how did Palms played? He sees reduced ice time lately. Is that 4th line any good?
3. Bobby with 6 hits?
4. Lovejoy with over 20 minutes of ice time. How did he played?

Overall, i`m happy for the win. We did had 5 days off, which is a lot and it should be pretty hard for them to jump right back on the NHL level. Even if it`s Avs and their defense, which is horrible this year.
We started our succesfull roadtrip against the Avs and now we start a cruical week - 5 games in 7 nights.
I thought Holland looked average. He didn't make any mistakes, but he didn't do anything great either. Palmieri was actually really good tonight, I thought. He was buzzing around out there and was pretty dangerous. Lovejoy was probably our second best defenseman, he was winning battles down low all night.

NEWFowler is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 10:39 AM
  #527
Nikko*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
Hurts more because of the way Perry got away with slashing Zanon's stick out of his hands and then scoring on it... only to fake a slashed stick and score again.

I hate it when ****** officiating dictates a game.
Am I the only one who saw Boner's stick break? I had to rewind a few times to show my girlfriend why it was a penalty so I definitely saw it snap. It was one of those weird ones where he gets chopped on top of the stick but the fracture happens from the bottom up, so after it broke gravity caused it to appear to be straight again. Random ass composite sticks. The Perry slash, however, is just a blown call. But Zanon's got to hold that thing tighter in that situation... you can never put all your trust in a backside referee to make that call in that situation.

Nikko* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 11:01 AM
  #528
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
I thought Holland looked average. He didn't make any mistakes, but he didn't do anything great either. Palmieri was actually really good tonight, I thought. He was buzzing around out there and was pretty dangerous. Lovejoy was probably our second best defenseman, he was winning battles down low all night.
Ben Loveniedermayerjoy

Kalvinators is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
  #529
Force951
Registered User
 
Force951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
Am I the only one who saw Boner's stick break? I had to rewind a few times to show my girlfriend why it was a penalty so I definitely saw it snap. It was one of those weird ones where he gets chopped on top of the stick but the fracture happens from the bottom up, so after it broke gravity caused it to appear to be straight again. Random ass composite sticks. The Perry slash, however, is just a blown call. But Zanon's got to hold that thing tighter in that situation... you can never put all your trust in a backside referee to make that call in that situation.
I was at the game and it was pretty easy to see his stick break.

Force951 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:47 PM
  #530
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,135
vCash: 500
I hope we extend Lovejoy for another year.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:21 PM
  #531
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I hope we extend Lovejoy for another year.
Agreed. He looks really comfortable under BB

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:32 PM
  #532
DuckJet
Destiny pls
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,765
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I hope we extend Lovejoy for another year.


But...what do with Lindholm? (oopa eenok style)

Fowler-Allen
Beauchemin-Souray
Lovejoy-Sbisa

Another year of development? Remember, he did originally come over to NA because he thought he'd get the pro tryout at Ducks camp.

DuckJet is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:52 PM
  #533
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I hope we extend Lovejoy for another year.
I know Murray thinks otherwise but I'd prefer not handing out extensions to guys who haven't even played 10 games with the team yet.

TheFlyingV is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:54 PM
  #534
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post


But...what do with Lindholm? (oopa eenok style)

Fowler-Allen
Beauchemin-Souray
Lovejoy-Sbisa

Another year of development? Remember, he did originally come over to NA because he thought he'd get the pro tryout at Ducks camp.
It's possible Lindholm could make the team next year as a bottom pairing guy and Lovejoy becomes the new 6/7 a la Brookbank.

Eddie Shack is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 03:06 PM
  #535
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
I know Murray thinks otherwise but I'd prefer not handing out extensions to guys who haven't even played 10 games with the team yet.
He would not get an extension akin to Fasth's. Fasth got that extension after he showed that he could play at the same level in the NHL as he had the past few years in Sweden. Lovejoy would get a contract in line with a number 7. Think Brookbank.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:49 PM
  #536
caliamad
Registered User
 
caliamad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,667
vCash: 500
Lovejoy would be the best #6/7 defenseman we've ever had. I'm all for resigning him if he's comfortable with a role that involves many healthy scratches.

caliamad is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.