HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Update: Suspended 2 Games | Tkachuk elbows Doughty in head [MOD WARNING: SEE OP]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2017, 04:07 PM
  #901
Mitts
ERROR 520
 
Mitts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenamjah View Post
somebody should teach him a lesson, Bure style.
Not hypocritical at all.

Mitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 04:09 PM
  #902
CNeufeld
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 31
vCash: 2160
I love how the Oiler fans are whining about Tkachuk's play when their penalty leader is Zach Kassian... Famous for things like high sticking Gagner in the face and breaking his jaw (8 game suspension) and a hit from behind (3 game suspension) in the same year... Plus Kassian has half of Tkachuk's points.

Heck, take a look at the penalty leaders...
http://www.espn.com/nhl/statistics/p...penaltyMinutes

Sure, Tkachuk is up there in the top 10. But him and Byfuglien are the only 2 players in the top 10 with more than 30 points this season.

And just FYI... Byfuglien has only 1 more fight than Tkachuk this year, as does Andrew Shaw. Both with 103 penalty minutes, compared to Tkachuk's 96.

Plus, if you sort by penalty minutes per game, he's 29th on the list.

Sure, I'd rather Tkachuk didn't do something stupid like throw that elbow and get suspended. He's a lot more valuable on the ice than off. But he has drastically cut back on his penalties taken while still drawing a lot of them, so I'm guessing that he would be snapped up quickly if Calgary was stupid enough to get rid of him.

And also FYI... This would have been Tkachuk's second elbowing minor all year, if he would have gotten the deserved penalty for it.

C

CNeufeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 04:40 PM
  #903
Feel The Heat
Flames in 6
 
Feel The Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,305
vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Heat View Post
Flamesí Tkachuk drops gloves in 1st NHL fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGw0wxxXo9Q

Alexander Wennberg vs Matthew Tkachuk Dec 16, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3eUVL3JhV0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
LOL
Fixed

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 06:39 PM
  #904
Cawz
Registered User
 
Cawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oiler fan in Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I'm pleased that he finally got noticed by the league. They will be paying more attention to his dirty plays going forward. The next time he slew foots somebody they will probably throw the book at him.
Yeah, I like the fact that he already has a record as a rookie. So he can either tone down his game or excpect to sit a portion of every season. Either scenario takes away from his game.

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 07:32 PM
  #905
Paralyzer
The Beatdown Begins
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNeufeld View Post
I love how the Oiler fans are whining about Tkachuk's play when their penalty leader is Zach Kassian... Famous for things like high sticking Gagner in the face and breaking his jaw (8 game suspension) and a hit from behind (3 game suspension) in the same year... Plus Kassian has half of Tkachuk's points.

Heck, take a look at the penalty leaders...
http://www.espn.com/nhl/statistics/p...penaltyMinutes

Sure, Tkachuk is up there in the top 10. But him and Byfuglien are the only 2 players in the top 10 with more than 30 points this season.

And just FYI... Byfuglien has only 1 more fight than Tkachuk this year, as does Andrew Shaw. Both with 103 penalty minutes, compared to Tkachuk's 96.

Plus, if you sort by penalty minutes per game, he's 29th on the list.

Sure, I'd rather Tkachuk didn't do something stupid like throw that elbow and get suspended. He's a lot more valuable on the ice than off. But he has drastically cut back on his penalties taken while still drawing a lot of them, so I'm guessing that he would be snapped up quickly if Calgary was stupid enough to get rid of him.

And also FYI... This would have been Tkachuk's second elbowing minor all year, if he would have gotten the deserved penalty for it.

C
And yet, think how many more points he'd have scored if he wouldn't focus his attention so much on earning a dirty reputation But it seems PIM and points are only that matter. Fine by me. Less ice time is always beneficial...right?

Paralyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 07:41 PM
  #906
UnrefinedCrude
Registered User
 
UnrefinedCrude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourAverageFan View Post
UPDATE: Craig Button also said he loves the way Tkachuk plays and doesn't want him to change a thing.

But according to Oilers fans, only delusional Flames fans don't see a problem with how he plays.

Craig Button is a delusional Flames homer though.

UnrefinedCrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 07:51 PM
  #907
Cawz
Registered User
 
Cawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oiler fan in Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrefinedCrude View Post
Craig Button is a delusional Flames homer though.
Theo Fleury has now chimed in that he loves how he playes. If you ever wanted a sane level-headed opinion, thats Theo...

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 07:55 PM
  #908
Blitzago
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 4,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourAverageFan View Post
UPDATE: Craig Button also said he loves the way Tkachuk plays and doesn't want him to change a thing.

But according to Oilers fans, only delusional Flames fans don't see a problem with how he plays.

You don't see a problem with him getting suspended? I hope he keeps it up then.

Blitzago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 07:57 PM
  #909
Cawz
Registered User
 
Cawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oiler fan in Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
That's one of the more painful but absolutely true things I've read about the Kings this season.
Well, your Kings play the Flames 2 more times this season, so even though your season is most likely done, you have a couple more chances to right the wrong that happened in that game...

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 07:58 PM
  #910
UnrefinedCrude
Registered User
 
UnrefinedCrude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
Well, your Kings play the Flames 2 more times this season, so even though your season is most likely done, you have a couple more chances to right the wrong that happened in that game...
it might be fun to see Iggy respond to this in some way.

UnrefinedCrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.