Notices

TJ Brodie's next contract

Old
08-06-2014, 10:42 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Other than the extra 2/3 million per year he'll likely get after a 4/5 year deal....no reason at all!
It's still a risk on his part if he decides to go with a shorter term contract. Just as a longer term contract is a risk for the team.

I don't think anyone can argue strongly that either a short or long term contract is what Brodie would obviously go for, because there are arguments for both sides of it from a player's point of view. From the team's point of view, however, I really do think an 8 year contract is ideal in this case, to improve likely cap efficiency 3+ years down the road when the team might actually be competitive.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Guido Sarducci

vCash: 50
Lets see how he plays this year. He is signed for this year after all. My guess at this point is 5x5. His agent loves the Wi eman deal. And Engelland. And Russell....... He deserves bank.

Edit- And he has already signed the "bridge contract". He has Flames management up poop creek.

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote