HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where is Goeff Molson in all of this nonsense?

Old
08-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Jacques Trap*

vCash: 500
On a yacht

Jacques Trap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 01:14 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Why do so many presume to know exactly how these negotiations are transpiring...and who is allegedly at fault? Is there any place more assumptive than a sports message board?

When Subban ends up signing a long-term contract all of this whining is not only going to be irrelevant and a waste of time..but will also look quite silly.

I avoided reading any of the "Subban contract" threads from the past weeks up until yesterday because I knew they would be ridiculous. I've gotten through about two pages trying to find some detail on negotiations, but that's all I can handle...the tone is sensationalistic and overreactionary at best.

Save your vindictive responses to this...I won't be reading another comment on these negotations.
This negotiations has brought the emotion in everyone...let's hope you are right about a long term deal...we need PK!!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 01:35 PM
DicAnns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthgear View Post
I'm sorry to say this but if one day we lose PK because of this nonsense of not signing him long term, the guy to blame here is Goeff Molson why? Simple, PK sells the house by himself and who takes advantage of this? Goeff Molson and the fans and if he doesn't see this clear enough then i'm sorry to say that the Canadiens and the fans deserve an other owner period.
Wait, what?

When was the last game that wasn't sold out?

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 02:10 PM
highstick14*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthgear View Post
I'm sorry to say this but if one day we lose PK because of this nonsense of not signing him long term, the guy to blame here is Goeff Molson why? Simple, PK sells the house by himself and who takes advantage of this? Goeff Molson and the fans and if he doesn't see this clear enough then i'm sorry to say that the Canadiens and the fans deserve an other owner period.
Habs have been selling out tickets long before PK arrived here. This is the mecca of Hockey, and after the Yankees, we are the most storied franchise in North American sports. This place will sellout Hockey every year, long before PK arrived, and long after he's gone.

Kovalev was more electric than PK. And Kovalev doesn't even factor in the top 10 most important Habs of all time, so just imagine.

highstick14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Fifthgear

Geoff Molson finally went to see MB to tell him that people were talking about him in a forum and he did not like that so he said to him to sign him fast to close the case and close this thread.

Breaking news : Geoff Molson finally went to see MB to tell him that people were talking about him in a forum and he did not like that so he said to him to sign him fast to close the case and close this thread.

Fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick14 View Post
Habs have been selling out tickets long before PK arrived here. This is the mecca of Hockey, and after the Yankees, we are the most storied franchise in North American sports. This place will sellout Hockey every year, long before PK arrived, and long after he's gone.

Kovalev was more electric than PK. And Kovalev doesn't even factor in the top 10 most important Habs of all time, so just imagine.
What year were you born?

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...d-by-canadiens

Quote:
It seems that Gilmore has a lot of experience, however he has big shoes to fill. Although many fans never warmed up to Pierre Boivin, it's important to recognize an intelligent businessman when you see him, and that's what Boivin's job was; the business side. Many fans of the Montreal Canadiens conveniently forget that the team was struggling to sell seats in the early 2000's. When I moved to Montreal in 2005, you could still buy tickets for games half way through the season with ease. Not so anymore, and Pierre Boivin has a lot to do with that.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 08-02-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 05:39 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Oh, there he is.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Sebaldian

PK: "I've spoken to him many times throughout this process."

He made mention of the fact that Geoff lets his hockey people take care of the business, but also says he was "instrumental."

Sebaldian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 08:03 PM
FireBergevin
Wild & unwilling

You could buy Habs tickets 'with ease' the year after the lockout? Yeah I'm calling ******** on that. Unless they mean 04-05...

Habs have been #1-2 in the league consistently since Gilette bought the club.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote