HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lucian Bute Vs. Jean Pascal - Saturday the 18th - 23h15+

View Poll Results: Who do you WANT to win, who do you THINK will win?
Want Pascal to Win + Think Pascal Win 30 37.50%
Want Pascal to Win + Think Bute Win 1 1.25%
Want Bute to Win + Think Pascal Win 36 45.00%
Want Bute to Win + Think Bute Win 13 16.25%
Want Pascal to Win + Think Tie 0 0%
Want Bute to Win + Think Tie 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Hullois

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
Interesting comment, not even close.

I'm fully aware they both fight for GYM. But Pascal and Michel both said they would have not problems with a fight between the two if the interest was there...
Actually Michel is saying the exact opposite, he doesn't want them to fight:

"Par ailleurs, Michel n'est pas du tout pressé d'organiser un combat de titans montréalais entre Jean Pascal et Adonis Stevenson. Avec sa victoire de samedi, Pascal est devenu l'aspirant obligatoire du champion WBC des mi-lourds (175 livres).

Mais les deux athlètes font partie de l'écurie d'Yvon Michel. Celui-ci préfère envoyer Pascal détrôner un autre champion, plutôt que d'organiser une guerre fratricide. «Peut-être que ce combat aura lieu en 2015, a dit Michel sans grande conviction. Mais dans l'immédiat, ce ne serait pas judicieux d'aller dans ce sens. On a la chance d'avoir deux grandes vedettes. Profitons-en.»

Jean Pascal préférerait quant à lui venger ses défaites contre Bernard Hopkins et Carl Froch."

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/sports...7_accueil_POS3

Hullois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 10:30 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post

"Par ailleurs, Michel n'est pas du tout pressé d'organiser un combat de titans montréalais entre Jean Pascal et Adonis Stevenson. Avec sa victoire de samedi, Pascal est devenu l'aspirant obligatoire du champion WBC des mi-lourds (175 livres).

Mais les deux athlètes font partie de l'écurie d'Yvon Michel. Celui-ci préfère envoyer Pascal détrôner un autre champion, plutôt que d'organiser une guerre fratricide. «Peut-être que ce combat aura lieu en 2015, a dit Michel sans grande conviction. Mais dans l'immédiat, ce ne serait pas judicieux d'aller dans ce sens. On a la chance d'avoir deux grandes vedettes. Profitons-en.»

Jean Pascal préférerait quant à lui venger ses défaites contre Bernard Hopkins et Carl Froch."

Pascal is scared of Stevenson anyway.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Madevilz

Quote:

Going after a 49 yo man, where's the prestige in that.
I hope he gets Carl Froch.

Madevilz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Hullois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstraction View Post
Pascal is scared of Stevenson anyway.
And he should be lol Stevenson is in another league right now, he would destroy Pascal. I'd love to see that fight.

Hullois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Rick16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
Interesting comment, not even close.

I'm fully aware they both fight for GYM. But Pascal and Michel both said they would have not problems with a fight between the two if the interest was there...
I was referring to you not cheering for Pascal because he's cocky and arrogant, but at the same time being willing to cheer for Stevenson who did things a lot worse than just being a ''moron''.

Rick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 11:19 AM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 518
Quote:
And he should be lol Stevenson is in another league right now, he would destroy Pascal. I'd love to see that fight.
I'd rather see Stevenson go after big fights than an meaningless bout with Pascal.

thaivuN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Avengers

I hope Stevenson knocks the living hell out of Pascal.

Avengers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 12:07 PM
zzoo

I didn't watch the fight, but I just watch the highlights from HBO-Boxing, the fight seems not dull or boring as some of you described here. I saw some action ! Do you exaggerate ?

Man, it's like Laraque is fighting with Desharnais, or Brashear vs Gallagher.

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Quote:

I maintain what I stated:

http://tvasports.ca/combats/boxe/ste...-2015-19012014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
I was referring to you not cheering for Pascal because he's cocky and arrogant, but at the same time being willing to cheer for Stevenson who did things a lot worse than just being a ''moron''.
Putting words in other peoples mouths makes you look foolish. When did I ever say I cheer for Stevenson? Would I want him to destroy Pascal so he cannot flap his gums anymore about him being the best in Québec? Absolutely! But afterwards I would be equally happy to see Kovalev destroy Stevenson. I also have zero respect for him.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Adriatic

Is there anybody more annoying than Pascal, my god what a ******! I love the fact that fighters act cocky to promote a fight, like Mayweather for example. But Pascal just tries too hard, it's so unnatural and everything he says comes out awkward..takes him about 3 min to get out 3 words with that stutter.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
For the record, the 49 year old boxer is still the champ. There's always prestige going after the champ, you know?

The hate for Pascal is going way to far.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Adriatic

Nothing would be sweeter than seeing Pascal lose again to an almost 50 year old boxer.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Joe Cole

What a waste of my time and money.

The broadcast was amateur hour. The sound was HORRIFIC. The undercard was bad. The banter between fights was repetitive and uninformative. The play by play announcer had a high pitched monotone voice...seriously bad. 1/10

Regarding the eye candy...dancers were so-so. Then the "Lite-Bright" girls came out for the main fight...too much cheesecake for my taste. At least the ring girls were acceptable. Overall a 4/10

The main fight was such a let down. Bute was clearly not in the same league as a fighter I am not a fan of..... 3/10

Bute played scared all night. 2/10

Pascal was as inaccurate as ever. Failing wildly, rarely hitting his target, unable to finish. And as usual, he gets stung once, and gets that "where am I look" in his eyes.... 5/10

A waste of time.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 03:47 PM
The Russian General
#FireTherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
Yo, show some respect for B-Hop.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote