HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stepan

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2014, 11:34 AM
  #201
Rangers_23
Beuke!
 
Rangers_23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Land of Entrapment
Country: United States
Posts: 2,152
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
...I am by sheer force of will keeping it open...

Every so often there IS a post on the topic subject.
Last example proving the case in point the offer by a Hawks fan.

Fortunately, the mods are seeing through this.
That you think you are A) keeping this thread open "by sheer force" and B) somehow the mods are "seeing through this"

Last offer was post #125 by the Chicago fan. 75 posts later I think its safe to assume no other fanbases are going to put in an offer for Stepan that beats the Hawks offer. Lock 'er up.

Rangers_23 is online now  
Old
02-05-2014, 11:53 AM
  #202
Boom Boom Geoffrion
Confirmed with Link:
 
Boom Boom Geoffrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 500
You know Bern, I find it hilarious you keep yapping about keeping an open mind with Stepan, yet when guys like Kreider and Miller are brought up in proposals you have a panic attack.

You claim Brassard might be able to replace Stepan as a 1C because of a good stretch he had last season. Brassard is an average 2C when he's "on". After that scenario was shot down by everyone who knows anything about Brassard, you then had visions of MZA, as a Center...

Stepans a playmaking center who's exceptional defensively and despite your disapproval, he's a great fit with Kreider. The fact that you're oblivious to this is mind boggling. It's time to put your Stepan hate to rest and move on to your next project.

Boom Boom Geoffrion is online now  
Old
02-05-2014, 11:58 AM
  #203
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,393
vCash: 500
One question. When did JT Miller become a speedster?

Barnaby is offline  
Old
02-05-2014, 11:58 AM
  #204
CaptainCally
Registered User
 
CaptainCally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 500
I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been moved and the title's been changed. It's basically Rangers fans arguing back and forth with Bern. Haven't seen an offer from fans of other teams in a while.

This belongs on the Rangers board IMHO, but maybe that's just me.

CaptainCally is offline  
Old
02-05-2014, 01:07 PM
  #205
Boom Boom Geoffrion
Confirmed with Link:
 
Boom Boom Geoffrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
One question. When did JT Miller become a speedster?
Apparently, he's a 7.8. Roughly.

Stepans a 3.5.

Trade Stepan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I think he'd be fastest F on team after Kreider and Hagelin.


scale of 1 to 10, fastest NHL guys ---Kreider, Kane, Hagelin are a 10; guys like Murray a 1, Clowe a 2.5.

That kind of scale, Miller is around 7.8, roughly. Stepan a 3.5. Brassard I had originally around 6, 6.5.


Miller has more natural speed than most of these Fs.
I don't doubt for a second he can more than keep up.

Boom Boom Geoffrion is online now  
Old
02-05-2014, 01:09 PM
  #206
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been moved and the title's been changed. It's basically Rangers fans arguing back and forth with Bern. Haven't seen an offer from fans of other teams in a while.

This belongs on the Rangers board IMHO, but maybe that's just me.
Disagree, cc.

This belongs on the big board where there should be real chance for real input from all fan bases about the max they'd pay for Stepan,

but without the constant interruption of a half dozen or so Stepan loyalists who insist on diverting the conversation off topic to kill the thread.

Why was the Hawks' fan's offer, acceptable but not light outs a winner?
There was a reason.
These are the types of details appropriate for this thread.
NOT the constant overtures to kill thread, 'cause we don't want the issue discussed.

bernmeister is online now  
Old
02-05-2014, 01:15 PM
  #207
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers_23 View Post
That you think you are A) keeping this thread open "by sheer force" and B) somehow the mods are "seeing through this"

Last offer was post #125 by the Chicago fan. 75 posts later I think its safe to assume no other fanbases are going to put in an offer for Stepan that beats the Hawks offer. Lock 'er up.
There have been various proposals suggested in other threads, some including Stepan.
Case in point: Jurco from Wings, who would have to add.

Unfortunately, YOU (handful of) guys are so thoroughly poisoning the proverbial well that no one wants to come here to drink the water.

If discussion can remain strictly on topic about the quality of the offers, based on their components, you will find other bases will come here.

I trust the mods will recognize that given their modus operandi, a handful of posters should not be allowed to dictate if a legit thread is forced to close, when it could otherwise provide valued discussion.

bernmeister is online now  
Old
02-05-2014, 01:38 PM
  #208
Matt Carle Place
Man Gravity Forgot
 
Matt Carle Place's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
There have been various proposals suggested in other threads, some including Stepan.
Case in point: Jurco from Wings, who would have to add.

Unfortunately, YOU (handful of) guys are so thoroughly poisoning the proverbial well that no one wants to come here to drink the water.

If discussion can remain strictly on topic about the quality of the offers, based on their components, you will find other bases will come here.

I trust the mods will recognize that given their modus operandi, a handful of posters should not be allowed to dictate if a legit thread is forced to close, when it could otherwise provide valued discussion.


Last edited by Matt Carle Place: 02-05-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Matt Carle Place is offline  
Old
02-05-2014, 01:45 PM
  #209
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
...
Quote:
You know Bern, I find it hilarious


Quote:
you keep yapping about keeping an open mind with Stepan,


Quote:
yet when guys like Kreider and Miller are brought up in proposals you have a panic attack.
I have consistently said no sacred cows.
I said that to trade players like Kreider before their reasonable value is fully established could lead to having to discount them in deals, so where that is the case, as should be expected, one can anticipate it makes more sense to hold than trade, at least in the short term.

Quote:
You claim Brassard might be able to replace Stepan as a 1C because of a good stretch he had last season.
Yes.

Quote:
Brassard is an average 2C when he's "on".
Your opinion.

Quote:
After that scenario was shot down by everyone who knows anything about Brassard,
Pitiful attempt by you to reach for determination based on subjective supposition, not facts in evidence.

Fact: Stepan is 1c (lowest rung of 1c, but 1c)
Fact Stepan was injured, Brassard replaced him, played well. As good as Stepan had, so in context, he filled in without Stepan being missed, thus basically = lower 1C performance

Conclusion under those conditions, Brassard held the fort as a lower 1c.
That cannot be disputed.

I accept it is fair for you to ask if he has to compete for his job with Stepan, can Brassard cut it? That is a legit separate ?; however that is not the issue. The issue is if we get a good enough return for Stepan, can Brassard be part of the short term answer?

Quote:
you then had visions of MZA, as a Center...
Yeah, I know about doing .
On paper, MZA could be a good C.
An experiment worth considering as a stopgap if we got enough for Stepan.

Quote:
Stepans a playmaking center who's exceptional defensively and despite your disapproval, he's a great fit with Kreider.
He's a good fit.
Someone like Kesel would be a terrific fit.
We don't have Kesel,
We have Miller with the hope he develops into a Kesel lite.

It is not arguable he would provide much more speed than Stepan.
Kindly admit to that reality.

Quote:
The fact that you're oblivious to this is mind boggling. It's time to put your Stepan hate to rest and move on to your next project.
If there continue to be posts that I consider off topic, which is to be based on the value of offers, I will ask the mods to delete them.

This thread is not supposed to address the question, do we want to trade Stepan?
That comes later.

The first step is attempting to see if, with an open mind, that question can be justified based on the return.

One last time, everyone, I get as a given that a number of you do not want to trade Stepan.

For those of us who want an informed answer to my question, what return(s) for Stepan would make sense, please keep your comments strictly as to that.

By all means feel free to conclude that a specific proposal does not make sense, but identify why.

Thank you.

bernmeister is online now  
Old
02-05-2014, 01:50 PM
  #210
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,124
vCash: 500
Trying to get back on track here.
Let's catch up on some prior content.


As noted in another thread, a fan proposed Stepan would have to come back for Jurco.

Does anyone want to suggest any proposal with
Jurco + X
for
Stepan + Y?

Kindly solve for X and Y.
Thanks.

bernmeister is online now  
Old
02-05-2014, 01:59 PM
  #211
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Carle Place View Post
...
Bern, keep your NHL 14 fantasies to yourself. No one is "poisoning the well" ...
I will continue to comment without your censorship.

I extend more courtesy to you than you are to me by inviting you to continue commenting in this thread IF you can articulate negative aspects to components of trade offers, with an idea to invalidating them.

If you are unable to do that, please do not post in this thread, which I am seeking to maintain dedicated for the purposes stated.

bernmeister is online now  
Old
02-06-2014, 07:23 PM
  #212
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,124
vCash: 500
There are posts being made, Stepan ++++ for Ovechkin, and others expected from Minnesota Wild fans, and another from a different Hawks fan.

This note is here to help them locate the thread.

bernmeister is online now  
Old
02-06-2014, 07:29 PM
  #213
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 30,477
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
This thread is done.

ColePens is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.