HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

Seattle Arena. v. XI

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2017, 08:39 AM
powerstuck
Nordiques Hopes Lies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstommylee View Post
I'm saying coyotes are not an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1012 View Post
Totally disagree, I feel that it is an option, maybe not for 2017-2018 season, but it has to play out first... ownership issues and political gyrations.
Given the reno deadline is start of 2020-2021 season...

Question is : Can the Coyotes survive in AZ until then ?
And if not : Where (preferably close to or in Seattle) can they go in the meanwhile ?

I would say they could go to Key (), in the meanwhile of Sodo, but that obviously doesn't seem to be the plan of the politicians in Seattle.

Old
04-13-2017, 08:54 AM
SunDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwhockeyfan View Post
For Seattle it should be considered a fairly significant step. It must be noted however that this thread I imagine was first started how many years ago and there were probably a few other steps considered big at the time over the life of this topic. And we are still years away from the NHL in Seattle. So big steps here to me are more like "here we go again" to getting hopes up!! But this time I am not falling for it.
Shouldn't the Seattle arena saga have been granted Megathread status by now?

Old
04-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer View Post
... nah. Seattle's too cool for school. Outliers. Own unique transcendent genre'. Cant be pigeonholed, cant be figured out much less understood.

Old
04-13-2017, 10:06 AM
SunDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... nah. Seattle's too cool for school. Outliers. Own unique transcendent genre'. Cant be pigeonholed, cant be figured out much less understood.
OK ... but if anyone spots Barroway with a roll of blueprints anywhere in the state of Washington, then I say we merge this with the Coyotes thread into one Super Ultra Megathread Deluxe.

Old
04-13-2017, 10:18 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer View Post
no, here's why:

Seattle hasn't had anything positive and that includes Key since Clay Bennett (who last I recollect, was part of the NBA Relocation board)., which is why the Storm were spun off and remain at Key the entire time while Bennett struck the agreement he did, over the Sonics, SunDancer, REMEMBER Requiem:Sonicsgate, AND that has zero to do w/ the Coyotes, remember the plan over which comes first, the potential return of the Sonics, or pro hockey, which is where we are and have been since.

in essence, is Key viable as a long-term solution, and not a retrofit every 30 or 40 years and it's happened there once before where Key was unavailable even to the Sonics, so that's why Hansen and SODO are plan B, and the 2 groups that are bidding over potential hockey franchises is the sense I'm getting, and the Seattle fans/posters have done an admirable job to those outside as to what's occurring there.

Old
04-13-2017, 11:06 AM
snovalleyhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
no, here's why:

Seattle hasn't had anything positive and that includes Key since Clay Bennett (who last I recollect, was part of the NBA Relocation board)., which is why the Storm were spun off and remain at Key the entire time while Bennett struck the agreement he did, over the Sonics, SunDancer, REMEMBER Requiem:Sonicsgate, AND that has zero to do w/ the Coyotes, remember the plan over which comes first, the potential return of the Sonics, or pro hockey, which is where we are and have been since.

in essence, is Key viable as a long-term solution, and not a retrofit every 30 or 40 years and it's happened there once before where Key was unavailable even to the Sonics, so that's why Hansen and SODO are plan B, and the 2 groups that are bidding over potential hockey franchises is the sense I'm getting, and the Seattle fans/posters have done an admirable job to those outside as to what's occurring there.
And I thank you. So, your thoughts then on the new proposals?

Old
04-13-2017, 11:09 AM
Mightygoose

Seattle threads used to be numbered, I believe we're up to VII at one time. Now new threads just come up as news comes out.

Now that they'll be something going on later in the year, call this VIII and we'll go straight to IX next. No subtitle in mind.

Old
04-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
Seattle threads used to be numbered, I believe we're up to VII at one time. Now new threads just come up as news comes out.

Now that they'll be something going on later in the year, call this VIII and we'll go straight to IX next. No subtitle in mind.

If someone wanted to dig up all the Seattle threads, we could number those and then start the new one with the "best real number." No Fake News here, s'il vous plaît.

Old
04-13-2017, 12:03 PM
Doctor No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
start the new one with the "best real number."
(1 + Sqrt(5)) / 2?

Old
04-13-2017, 12:03 PM
snovalleyhockeyfan

Well, Fugu, we're going to have to get a new one going real quick here, so would it be alright with you for me to get that going and you can lock it until we need it, and I'll do the numbering?

Anyway, Daniels just dug this up:

http://potterynorthwest.org/

So this website here belongs to an entity called Pottery Northwest, and their building is one of the buildings that's part of the KeyArena redevelopment zone and I also think possibly one of those that may be looked at for historical designation. They have devoted their home page to their position on the proposed redevelopment of the arena, so if you want a look at possible neighborhood reaction, here's a snippet of that.

Old
04-13-2017, 12:14 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovalleyhockeyfan View Post
Well, Fugu, we're going to have to get a new one going real quick here, so would it be alright with you for me to get that going and you can lock it until we need it, and I'll do the numbering?

Anyway, Daniels just dug this up:

http://potterynorthwest.org/

So this website here belongs to an entity called Pottery Northwest, and their building is one of the buildings that's part of the KeyArena redevelopment zone and I also think possibly one of those that may be looked at for historical designation. They have devoted their home page to their position on the proposed redevelopment of the arena, so if you want a look at possible neighborhood reaction, here's a snippet of that.

No worries with you starting the new thread, but if I lock it, I don't believe you can edit it to add links & numbers. You could send the links to me, and I can edit your OP?

Edit: Second thought, you can start the thread and add the links and numbers, and if you do get random posts, I'll just remove them, or bump your posts up to the top or merge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor No View Post
(1 + Sqrt(5)) / 2?
Maybe I should have called them imaginary numbers!

Old
04-13-2017, 12:18 PM
snovalleyhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
No worries with you starting the new thread, but if I lock it, I don't believe you can edit it to add links & numbers. You could send the links to me, and I can edit your OP?
Works for me. I'll do the digging and PM you the links.

Old
04-13-2017, 12:37 PM
BattleBorn
Global Moderator
Dead Dove-Do Not Eat

vCash: 1900
And per that discussion, it's time for XII!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2216591

Last edited by BattleBorn: 04-13-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Closed Thread