Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

2014 Releases

Old
06-14-2014, 01:34 PM
Megahab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio and Brian Pillman were all Cruiserweight/Light-heavyweight Champions.

It isn't about "limiting" them. It's about utilizing their talents instead of wasting them, leading up to their inevitable release.
I don't know about Pillman because I wasn't watching WCW at the time, but Jericho, Guerrero, and Mysterio were in the WCW cruiserweight division and never made it to the main event scene (and outside of Jericho's brief feud with Goldberg, none of them came close). In WWE, only Mysterio competed in the cruiserweight division and he is one of the few exceptions of guys that got out of the division and made it to the main event.

WCW and WWE have always booked their cruiserweights as being less than the heavyweight guys, and the audience sees it that way too. That will not change if WWE ever brought back a cruiserweight title. Why label guys as cruiserweights? It will only hurt them. This would just expose their size. It's a specialty division like the women's division or the juniors division that was briefly in WWE in 2005 or so.

You don't need to introduce a new title in order to utilize their talents when you can just have the same wrestlers compete for the US or IC title.

Megahab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 01:39 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Problem is; That's not happening right now. Do you expect the Kingstons and the Kidds of the WWE to be serious threats to Barrett or Sheamus? I don't, not with the way that WWE is booking their talent.

My point is, the guys I mentionned all eventually went on to better things. Jericho became the first ever Undisputed Champion, Guerrero was a former WWE Champion. So was Mysterio. By starting off a Zayn in a division like this and giving him the belt, you are not limiting him, not in my eyes anyway.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Megahab

Quote:
Problem is; That's not happening right now. Do you expect the Kingstons and the Kidds of the WWE to be serious threats to Barrett or Sheamus? I don't, not with the way that WWE is booking their talent.

My point is, the guys I mentionned all eventually went on to better things. Jericho became the first ever Undisputed Champion, Guerrero was a former WWE Champion. So was Mysterio. By starting off a Zayn in a division like this and giving him the belt, you are not limiting him, not in my eyes anyway.
When you talk about suggesting the re-introduction of the cruiserweight title, you are talking about fantasy booking. Guys like Kingston and Kidd being threats to Barrett and Sheamus is as likely as WWE booking a strong cruiserweight division. I can respond to your question with another question - with a cruiserweight division, do you expect the Kingstons and Kidds to get to the level of guys like Jericho, Guerrero, and Mysterio?

Old
06-14-2014, 04:45 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

I don't know true this is, but i saw it on Facebook

Quote:
All of the recently released WWE talents, except for Teddy Long will have to wait 90 days before they can compete anywhere else. September 12th is the earliest any of them can work other places. The reason Teddy Long doesn't have to wait 90 days is that his contract ran out and he decided to leave anyway while all the others were fired!!!
If you get fired, why would that no-compete still be in effect? I had a similar clause in my last job, where I wasn't allowed to leave my position to take a position with a competitor for a year. However, once I was released that clause went out the window.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 04:50 PM
Megahab

I think that is a policy they started in the last year or so of the Monday Night Wars to prevent guys from showing up on Nitro right after being released. Not everyone had it back then but it seems like most do now because WWE management are *******s. I am pretty sure these guys that got released still get paid for the next 90 days though.

Old
06-14-2014, 04:59 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
When you talk about suggesting the re-introduction of the cruiserweight title, you are talking about fantasy booking. Guys like Kingston and Kidd being threats to Barrett and Sheamus is as likely as WWE booking a strong cruiserweight division. I can respond to your question with another question - with a cruiserweight division, do you expect the Kingstons and Kidds to get to the level of guys like Jericho, Guerrero, and Mysterio?
No. I'll make my point clearer because I think I was a tad vague with what I want.

For the Kingstons, Kidds and Zigglers, it's about utilizing their talents and showcasing their ability to the crowd. A bigger name like Ziggler could benefit from the division because then people will get behind him and cheer louder and louder each week, which could prompt the WWE into doing something more with him. For the rest of the group currently in the WWE, it's about giving them something to do and more importantly, filling up five hours of television with better programming. Unless we're all cool with Swagger and Santino matches, or Alicia Fox eating up five minutes with a temper tantrum.

The idea of the Jerichos, Guerreros and Mysterios of this era falls upon the youth like Zayn, Neville, Breeze and so on. Sticking them into a division where they have a fighting chance right off the bat will benefit them greatly. Fans today associate greatness with Championship gold. The Shield won the Tag gold and US gold quickly and were then showcased as a dominant force, running through their respective divisions as Champs while destroying main event wrestlers in the process.

I don't see that happening with the core in NXT right now and if you bring them up and have them start off slow, fans could lose interest quickly. You need a division for the smaller youth to be able to run with, put on matches that can show the crowd that they are indeed as talented as everyone says they are and put a Championship on them that they can reach for.

The idea is not to make a Kidd or a Kingston into the next Jericho. That ship has long sailed. They just need TV time in the five hours of Raw and Smackdown. Ziggler needs a breath of fresh air and a new start. It's the Zayns and the Nevilles that need this more than anything and could possibly jump out to a future of a Jericho or a Guerrero.

That's my opinion. The division is a stage for them, the Championship is the starting line for a career of the youth.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
06-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Megahab

Quote:
No. I'll make my point clearer because I think I was a tad vague with what I want.

For the Kingstons, Kidds and Zigglers, it's about utilizing their talents and showcasing their ability to the crowd. A bigger name like Ziggler could benefit from the division because then people will get behind him and cheer louder and louder each week, which could prompt the WWE into doing something more with him. For the rest of the group currently in the WWE, it's about giving them something to do and more importantly, filling up five hours of television with better programming. Unless we're all cool with Swagger and Santino matches, or Alicia Fox eating up five minutes with a temper tantrum.

The idea of the Jerichos, Guerreros and Mysterios of this era falls upon the youth like Zayn, Neville, Breeze and so on. Sticking them into a division where they have a fighting chance right off the bat will benefit them greatly. Fans today associate greatness with Championship gold. The Shield won the Tag gold and US gold quickly and were then showcased as a dominant force, running through their respective divisions as Champs while destroying main event wrestlers in the process.

I don't see that happening with the core in NXT right now and if you bring them up and have them start off slow, fans could lose interest quickly. You need a division for the smaller youth to be able to run with, put on matches that can show the crowd that they are indeed as talented as everyone says they are and put a Championship on them that they can reach for.

The idea is not to make a Kidd or a Kingston into the next Jericho. That ship has long sailed. They just need TV time in the five hours of Raw and Smackdown. Ziggler needs a breath of fresh air and a new start. It's the Zayns and the Nevilles that need this more than anything and could possibly jump out to a future of a Jericho or a Guerrero.

That's my opinion. The division is a stage for them, the Championship is the starting line for a career of the youth.
None of this is going to happen with a cruiserweight title. Jericho, Guerrero, and Mysterio became stars in spite of being involved in the cruiserweight division. In a worked "sport", cruiserweights are simply not looked as being on the same level as heavyweights. Might as well call it the small guys championship.

I am all for showcasing their talent and having them fill up TV time. But again, you don't need a cruiserweight title to do that.

Old
06-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
None of this is going to happen with a cruiserweight title. Jericho, Guerrero, and Mysterio became stars in spite of being involved in the cruiserweight division. In a worked "sport", cruiserweights are simply not looked as being on the same level as heavyweights. Might as well call it the small guys championship.

I am all for showcasing their talent and having them fill up TV time. But again, you don't need a cruiserweight title to do that.
The Championship is just a means to give them something to reach for. If there is none of that, then they are just a bunch of small guys wrestling in a ring with no light at the end of the tunnel. They step out of the circle to challenge for a mid-card title, face a guy like Sheamus or Barrett, drop the decision and then crawl back to that cruiserweight division. The crowd would lose interest quickly.

Mysterio and Jericho won the Title early in their careers as a way to get them into the company and as a successful wrestler. It was a way of starting on top of a division and getting the audience to believe they were worth something. This is what I am referring to when I talk about Zayn and Neville. If they can pull a Jericho and become a Cruiserweight Champion early on, then go on to win a mid-card Championship a few years later and finally become a top Champion in two years after that, they become an established star.

You build slow. Jericho won a Cruiserweight Championship in '96, an IC Championship in '99 and then became the first ever Undisputed Champion in 2001. He didn't do anything in spite of the company, he was built slowly. If WWE can replicate that with a Zayn or a Neville, they create a star.

Again, the Championship is a way to show the crowd they are more valuable than a guy that wins a bunch of matches.

Old
06-14-2014, 05:49 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
I don't know true this is, but i saw it on Facebook

If you get fired, why would that no-compete still be in effect? I had a similar clause in my last job, where I wasn't allowed to leave my position to take a position with a competitor for a year. However, once I was released that clause went out the window.
P. sure they still get paid for the 90 days. They can work somewhere else but then they'll forfeit that pay.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post

......or who will go one on with the undertaker?

06-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
You don't need to introduce a new title in order to utilize their talents when you can just have the same wrestlers compete for the US or IC title.
Exactly this.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 08:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Admist all my excitement for the Kings and Alec Martinez, I just see now JTG was released.

AND IT'S A DAMN SHAME

To whom will our jokes go to now?

Last edited by GKJ: 06-15-2014 at 08:49 PM.
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 02:46 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Admist all my excitement for the Kings and Alec Martinez, I just see now JTG was released.

AND IT'S A DAMN SHAME

To whom will our jokes go to now?
As long as Heath, Hornswoggle, Khali, Santino, Los Matadores, Miz, Sandow, Big Show, and Alicia Fox are still gainfully employed, I'm sure we'll have plenty of targets to go after.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 09:17 AM
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Crying.

BonMorrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 10:43 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Rosa Mendes. I mean, seriously....

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 11:33 AM
TheDinosaur

So now that JTG is gone who has been employed the longest without wrestling a match on TV?

TheDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 02:09 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDinosaur View Post
So now that JTG is gone who has been employed the longest without wrestling a match on TV?
Alex Riley? Tyson Kidd?

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 02:14 PM
M.C.G. 31

Tyson Kidd has wrestled a lot on NXT.

The thing with JTG was he wasn't even wrestling at house shows.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 07:01 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Last week, WWE released 11 people (Brodus Clay, Drew McIntyre, Jinder Mahal, Evan Bourne and others) in an effort to reduce company spending. Now, we can confirm that NXT is the next target of these cost cutting measures.

A well-placed source at NXT has confirmed to us that NXT’s budget has already been cut in terms of production and post-production. The talent roster is about to be evaluated, with a number of cuts set to take place in the next month.

WWE is “staggering” the widespread budget cuts so the company appears to be fiscally responsible to Wall Street and doesn’t set off a widespread panic internally.
http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-ww...s-coming-soon/

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2014, 07:03 PM
M.C.G. 31

Ugh. It'll be guys that aren't on TV, but it's a ****** deal.

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them."
- PK Subban
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 10:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator