HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Ken McRoberts Mock Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2013, 10:37 AM
  #26
Ken McRoberts
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 32
vCash: 500

Ken McRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:39 AM
  #27
Ken McRoberts
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 32
vCash: 500

Ken McRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:41 AM
  #28
Ken McRoberts
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 32
vCash: 500

Ken McRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:43 AM
  #29
Ken McRoberts
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 32
vCash: 500

Ken McRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:45 AM
  #30
Ken McRoberts
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 32
vCash: 500

Ken McRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:49 AM
  #31
MatthewFlames
Registered User
 
MatthewFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America
Posts: 3,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Since I've been telling everyone that I'm gonna pick Barkov or Monahan I guess this is no surprise for the Flamettes

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:26 AM
  #32
SenatorsGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
I don't like to admit this but the Domi Leafs jersey just looks right.

SenatorsGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:05 PM
  #33
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,411
vCash: 500
I just like this because the creator has me winning the Cup.

__________________
OHL Prospects Blog - http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/
OHL Prospects on Twitter - @BrockOtten
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 05:15 PM
  #34
MatthewFlames
Registered User
 
MatthewFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America
Posts: 3,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I just like this because the creator has me winning the Cup.
Or he has the Flyers winning the Cup. Don't you have that pick too?

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 07:10 PM
  #35
SenatorsGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
I really enjoy the alternate jersey choices for teams.

SenatorsGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 11:22 AM
  #36
MatthewFlames
Registered User
 
MatthewFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America
Posts: 3,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
I particularly like the Devils jersey. What does everyone think of these picks? Or is everyone still going "who?" Because the draft guides haven't arrived yet? To be honest I still don't know a lot about the players outside the top ten (had too look up Hagg 'cause I hadn't even heard of him yet and he's picked at ten here)

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 12:12 PM
  #37
Vagrant
The Czech Condor
 
Vagrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 19,986
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewFlames View Post
I particularly like the Devils jersey. What does everyone think of these picks? Or is everyone still going "who?" Because the draft guides haven't arrived yet? To be honest I still don't know a lot about the players outside the top ten (had too look up Hagg 'cause I hadn't even heard of him yet and he's picked at ten here)
Me personally, Petan a bit high. Domi a bit low. Gauthier too low. Horvat potentially a bit high... but not by much. The exemption of Theodore and Mantha notable. Overall a good job though!

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 12:18 PM
  #38
Dr.Sens(e)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 6,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Me personally, Petan a bit high. Domi a bit low. Gauthier too low. Horvat potentially a bit high... but not by much. The exemption of Theodore and Mantha notable. Overall a good job though!
Based on the current rankings, Petan high, and Mantha as an omission are probably the biggest. But after #7 or #8, it really becomes a bit of a crap shoot. I suspect come the real draft, there will be some major surprises in the 9-14 range, and also some surprises on who drops to the 25-40 range. Pretty fluid after #8 or so, and NHL teams always surprise us a lot more than the draftniks and 'mockers' ever do.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 12:32 PM
  #39
Vagrant
The Czech Condor
 
Vagrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 19,986
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Based on the current rankings, Petan high, and Mantha as an omission are probably the biggest. But after #7 or #8, it really becomes a bit of a crap shoot. I suspect come the real draft, there will be some major surprises in the 9-14 range, and also some surprises on who drops to the 25-40 range. Pretty fluid after #8 or so, and NHL teams always surprise us a lot more than the draftniks and 'mockers' ever do.
Quite true. I just feel like Domi has done a hell of a lot to help his cause this postseason. I can't see him dropping out of the Top 15 picks. I think it's even possible for him to go even higher. Gauthier is perhaps one of the most unique guys in this draft but didn't show well in the playoffs. Still being mid to late 20's .... I don't know. I feel like somebody looks at him and sees a lot there.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:03 PM
  #40
Dr.Sens(e)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 6,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Quite true. I just feel like Domi has done a hell of a lot to help his cause this postseason. I can't see him dropping out of the Top 15 picks. I think it's even possible for him to go even higher. Gauthier is perhaps one of the most unique guys in this draft but didn't show well in the playoffs. Still being mid to late 20's .... I don't know. I feel like somebody looks at him and sees a lot there.
Yeah, Domi could easily go 9 or 10. Upside is right up there, and that stocky frame will translate well to the pros most likely. Some teams might even have him ahead of Monahan and Lindholm.

Gauthier is a tougher one for me, because I don't see the upside. Figure he'll be a safe pick to be a decent two-way forward, but not sure he'll ever play in the top 6.

Of course, all of this could be just a disinformation campaign to try and hide my true intentions (not that any of you care!).

On a more serious note, the Blues will definitely consider trading down from their #1 pick under certain scenarios, so if a team has an early 2nd rounder and wants to jump into the 1st, you may have a dance partner come draft day.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:12 PM
  #41
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Based on the current rankings, Petan high, and Mantha as an omission are probably the biggest. But after #7 or #8, it really becomes a bit of a crap shoot. I suspect come the real draft, there will be some major surprises in the 9-14 range, and also some surprises on who drops to the 25-40 range. Pretty fluid after #8 or so, and NHL teams always surprise us a lot more than the draftniks and 'mockers' ever do.
Even at 8 I have no idea who I will take. If Nichushin, Nurse, Shinkaruk, Horvat are all on the board I could honestly take any of them.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:27 PM
  #42
Vagrant
The Czech Condor
 
Vagrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 19,986
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Even at 8 I have no idea who I will take. If Nichushin, Nurse, Shinkaruk, Horvat are all on the board I could honestly take any of them.
Brock has been raving about Horvat. I don't know if he has been sniffing around anybody in that range, but it wouldn't shock me to see him try to finagle a way into range to snag him. He has the ammunition... but he drafts well all over the board. No need to give up too many assets to climb into a strong selection like the rest of us plebeians.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:08 PM
  #43
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Brock has been raving about Horvat. I don't know if he has been sniffing around anybody in that range, but it wouldn't shock me to see him try to finagle a way into range to snag him. He has the ammunition... but he drafts well all over the board. No need to give up too many assets to climb into a strong selection like the rest of us plebeians.
Maybe. It'll all depend on the outcome of the Flyers/Devils series. Devils win, I pick 16th with the Philly 1st. Flyers win, I pick somewhere between 27-30 with the Flyers pick.

If I end up with 2 picks in the 27-30 range, I could end up trading up, or down depending on whether the guys I like are there or not.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:56 PM
  #44
MatthewFlames
Registered User
 
MatthewFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America
Posts: 3,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Maybe. It'll all depend on the outcome of the Flyers/Devils series. Devils win, I pick 16th with the Philly 1st. Flyers win, I pick somewhere between 27-30 with the Flyers pick.

If I end up with 2 picks in the 27-30 range, I could end up trading up, or down depending on whether the guys I like are there or not.
Flyers advance. Bad news for your possible 16th pick. Depending on who's there I have a bunch of 2nds and might like to move up. In addition to my move into the top 3

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 11:27 AM
  #45
Canuck09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Maybe. It'll all depend on the outcome of the Flyers/Devils series. Devils win, I pick 16th with the Philly 1st. Flyers win, I pick somewhere between 27-30 with the Flyers pick.

If I end up with 2 picks in the 27-30 range, I could end up trading up, or down depending on whether the guys I like are there or not.
Was the 16th pick even possible? I thought I had that locked up after the 1st round of the playoffs. 15-22 would've been decided after round 1 with 23-26 being decided after this round.

Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 11:30 AM
  #46
Canuck09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewFlames View Post
I particularly like the Devils jersey. What does everyone think of these picks? Or is everyone still going "who?" Because the draft guides haven't arrived yet? To be honest I still don't know a lot about the players outside the top ten (had too look up Hagg 'cause I hadn't even heard of him yet and he's picked at ten here)
As for the results here...I hadn't heard of Bowey before seeing his name on the back of a Lightning jersey here. Where is my draft guide?!?

Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:22 PM
  #47
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck09 View Post
Was the 16th pick even possible? I thought I had that locked up after the 1st round of the playoffs. 15-22 would've been decided after round 1 with 23-26 being decided after this round.
Only 27-30 are decided by the outcome of the playoffs (at least that's the way we've always done it and the way I've always interpreted the rules).

27-28 are the Eastern and Western finalists
29 is the Stanley Cup finalist
30 is the Stanley Cup champion

Then 15-26 are just based on the regular season standings.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:43 PM
  #48
Lord Stanley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Brampton
Posts: 414
vCash: 500
Pretty sure NHL does it based on playoffs. Also thought that's how we do it.

Lord Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:58 PM
  #49
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stanley View Post
Pretty sure NHL does it based on playoffs. Also thought that's how we do it.
Negative. Just 27-30.

Vancouver selected 26th last year as the Presidents trophy winners, despite losing in the first round.

While Washington still picked 16th despite winning their first round matchup against Boston (who picked 24th).

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2012e.html

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 09:34 AM
  #50
MatthewFlames
Registered User
 
MatthewFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America
Posts: 3,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck09 View Post
As for the results here...I hadn't heard of Bowey before seeing his name on the back of a Lightning jersey here. Where is my draft guide?!?
Where is MY draft guide?

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.