Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2013, 01:40 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoManno View Post
I'd be shocked to not see Penner on that top line, why the hell would the ducks have signed him if not to play with Getzy and Pears?
Maybe they thought Selanne was going to retire and wanted some insurance depth, or maybe they thought he would actually be in shape and skate hard since this is kind of a "bridge" deal to what will probably be his last deal.

Old
09-28-2013, 01:54 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

vCash: 500

Old
09-28-2013, 02:06 AM
DannoManno*
MBV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks Nation View Post
Maybe they thought Selanne was going to retire and wanted some insurance depth, or maybe they thought he would actually be in shape and skate hard since this is kind of a "bridge" deal to what will probably be his last deal.
Doubt it, I bet Murray knew Selanne was likely to come back, and Penner is far from a Selanne replacement.

I'll be very, very surprised if Palmieri is on the first line past game 2 (if BB starts him there) or before game 10 (if BB rolls the PPG line)

Old
09-28-2013, 02:52 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
With the Flyers looking to move a defenseman I wonder if Murray has made any inquiries. We have a glut of NHL ready forwards who may be of interest to the Flyers and a guy like Nik Grossman would look awfully good in our top 4 and on our PK about now...
What would the Ducks trade him for? I don't want to give up a prospect for him and Penner isn't going to get traded yet. Would also suck to lose Beleskey, Winnik or even Maroon (I still believe in him). Ducks would have to move some salary 'cos Grossman is making 3,5 so they can't just trade a draft pick for him.

Old
09-28-2013, 04:01 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
What would the Ducks trade him for? I don't want to give up a prospect for him and Penner isn't going to get traded yet. Would also suck to lose Beleskey, Winnik or even Maroon (I still believe in him). Ducks would have to move some salary 'cos Grossman is making 3,5 so they can't just trade a draft pick for him.
DSP was who I was thinking. It's far fetched - doubt it happens but when you look at the fact we are missing our 2nd and 3rd most used PKing defenseman from last season (Souray and Lydman) there could be a fit. The log jam back there is pretty big though and it would make Fistric somewhat redundant - another reason it likely won't happen.

We can also put Souray on LTIR to start the year if we need to.

Old
09-28-2013, 06:05 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
DSP was who I was thinking. It's far fetched - doubt it happens but when you look at the fact we are missing our 2nd and 3rd most used PKing defenseman from last season (Souray and Lydman) there could be a fit. The log jam back there is pretty big though and it would make Fistric somewhat redundant - another reason it likely won't happen.

I guess it could be possible that way. To be clear, I'm all in for upgrading the defence and when Philly needs to clear salary, someone like Grossman could be had for a cheap price.

Beauchemin-Fowler
Grossman-Lovejoy
Allen-Vatanen
Fistric
+Sbisa, Lindholm, Souray

Old
09-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:

There's absolutely no question Souray goes on LTIR, they don't have the roster space to waste on a player who won't be playing until December.

Old
09-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I guess it could be possible that way. To be clear, I'm all in for upgrading the defence and when Philly needs to clear salary, someone like Grossman could be had for a cheap price.

Beauchemin-Fowler
Grossman-Lovejoy
Allen-Vatanen
Fistric
+Sbisa, Lindholm, Souray
Meh, Grosman is a borderline top4, we don`t need those

Old
09-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Even if Souray goes on LTIR (not sure what the rules are on qualifying) I believe on opening day he must be counted against the cap before you can place him on LTIR on day 2.

Old
09-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Teams are eligible to receive cap relief when a player is considered to have a "bona-fide long-term injury" — injuries that cause a player to miss at least 10 games and 24 days. In such cases, the team can place the player on long-term injured reserve (LTIR).
http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-does-...erve-LTIR-work

Old
09-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Theridion

This roster stuff is going to be a revolving door until players get games and some guysbget a xhance to standout and claim spots.

Worst case scenerio is that we hit game 5 or 10 and players all over the lineup are playing medeocre.

Old
09-28-2013, 12:48 PM
DannoManno*
MBV

Penner-Getzlaf-Perry
Silfverberg-Koivu-Selanne
Winnik-Bonino-Cogliano
Beleskey-Rakell-Palmieri
(Etem starts in AHL)

Make the right choices Bruce!

Old