HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014-15 Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) & Fort Wayne Komets (ECHL) l Part 2

Old
11-22-2014, 02:40 PM
LieutenantDangle
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
They gave Ryan Stollery's goal too.

What a crazy game. To go from giving up a goal on the first shot 19 seconds in and almost down 4-1 had they not taken away a GR goal for goalie interference to a comeback like that is pretty cool. This should give them some confidence and good to get Sami some confidence. Dean said Heard was outstanding, had him out to take last minute faceoffs. I think Picks has solidified himself as the starter, and they really needed to choose one but if Sami can provide some capable play that would be nice. I see Rendulic engaging plenty physically but that's my view of it. Nice to see that he can make things happen, he does have that spark and offensive talent. Tbh, I kind of like the team as is now. I don't think they won one game with Street and Vincour, they have that mercenary feel to them.

this is the first footage of Siemens I've seen and i already love him. Beats the **** out of someone and then game winning goal/ deflected shot? hope he stays healthy and finds a spot on the Avs soon

LieutenantDangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2014, 12:52 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
They gave Ryan Stollery's goal too.

What a crazy game. To go from giving up a goal on the first shot 19 seconds in and almost down 4-1 had they not taken away a GR goal for goalie interference to a comeback like that is pretty cool. This should give them some confidence and good to get Sami some confidence. Dean said Heard was outstanding, had him out to take last minute faceoffs. I think Picks has solidified himself as the starter, and they really needed to choose one but if Sami can provide some capable play that would be nice. I see Rendulic engaging plenty physically but that's my view of it. Nice to see that he can make things happen, he does have that spark and offensive talent. Tbh, I kind of like the team as is now. I don't think they won one game with Street and Vincour, they have that mercenary feel to them.

Both of Rendulic's goals were all world shots too. He's got a great stride in the neutral zone, and a great ability with the puck. Every time I watch him it's on display, and I'm amazed he's not an NHL regular already. There must be some kind of consistency he's still struggling with, because he looks like NHL talent for sure.

That first goal was a prototypical NHL style goal. Take the puck off the boards circle towards the net, make a quick lateral move to change the angle, and fire the puck into the net on the far side. Great move.

The other one was just a pure snipe shot. Lots of talent on display from Rendulic in this game. Really feel like he's a poor man Hossa/Hejduk hybrid. If he can dedicate himself to playing a strong defensive game, and backchecking hard, he'll make lots of money and find a spot in the NHL full time.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 11-23-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2014, 03:20 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
So there really isnt a way to see ice time minutes by players in the A?
No. It's tracked but only provided to NHL teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
I'm ready to see Siemens in the NHL now.
Once he gets his chance fans will like him. He's going to come with his brain cramps defensively and some bad passes and mistakes with the puck but he won't take shifts off, will defend in a physical way and won't be fun to play against. He's just an ******* on the ice.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2014, 11:00 AM
StayAtHomeAv

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieutenantDangle View Post
this is the first footage of Siemens I've seen and i already love him. Beats the **** out of someone and then game winning goal/ deflected shot? hope he stays healthy and finds a spot on the Avs soon
Yep, impressive fight. Dude's got some quick fists for his size. Just imagine if the refs waited a little longer.

StayAtHomeAv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2014, 10:27 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 50
Highlights from Saturday. The Griffins again, this time 5-2 loss. Shorty by Carey and one from Noreau. Sami wasn't at his best in this one.

tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Highlights from Saturday. The Griffins again, this time 5-2 loss. Shorty by Carey and one from Noreau. Sami wasn't at his best in this one.

Whoa, was that Hishon with the piss poor effort at the end to try to stop the EN goal, I couldn't tell? He just stopped skating, and Elliott was behind him and passed him to dive and try to block the shot. Then he slammed his stick off the post as if he couldn't have done anything.

If it was Hish, no wonder Roy left him down. That's not the kind of play you make if you want to get called up.

Also, that color guy needs to keep his mouth shut when a goal is scored.

Old
11-24-2014, 02:00 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

The Grifs announcers are awful. I can't even listen to them. Rockford ones are not great either other than that I can handle most team's announcers.

And yeah, Hishon hasn't had the kind of year that is going to get him a call up. Some other guys work their ass off. I checked the boxscore yeah that was him.

Old
11-24-2014, 02:51 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

I really like LEM's Cleveland alternate sweaters. Simple and clean.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Foppa2118

I think Hish is a great talent, and has great vision on the ice, and I really hope he makes it one day. I'm starting to wonder though if maybe he thinks he knows better what to do to play in the NHL than his coaches and the Avs management.

A year ago they wanted him to bulk up a bit, probably to add strength to his shoulders and neck to absorb hits better, but he went against their wishes, opting to focus on being lean the way Duchene did with Andy O'Brien.

Now this year when he was sent down, Roy said they told him they wanted him to focus on improving defensively, and that's how he'd make it in the NHL, but Roy said Joey was concerned with that taking away from his offense.

Seems as though he's a bit independent in his thinking. A lot like his buddy O'Reilly too it seems. Roy wanted him to use his body more in his battles, instead of relying solely on his stick all the time, and now he's off to a terrible start and doesn't seems to be playing with any effort.

Maybe a coincidence, but it doesn't really sit that well.

Old
11-24-2014, 05:19 PM
hockeey
Rookie User

How good has pickard looked this season? I'm looking to pick either him or Campbell from the stars up in my keeper league and wanted some opinions on his future

hockeey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2014, 05:26 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

He's been good, gaining some confidence now he needs to find consistency. Maybe they've finally chosen him as the real #3 in the system. Berra isn't going anywhere though so you'd be holding for a few years. I can't speak to Dallas' plans so I don't know if that's a better option.

Old
11-24-2014, 08:09 PM
Orwell1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I think Hish is a great talent, and has great vision on the ice, and I really hope he makes it one day. I'm starting to wonder though if maybe he thinks he knows better what to do to play in the NHL than his coaches and the Avs management.

A year ago they wanted him to bulk up a bit, probably to add strength to his shoulders and neck to absorb hits better, but he went against their wishes, opting to focus on being lean the way Duchene did with Andy O'Brien.

Now this year when he was sent down, Roy said they told him they wanted him to focus on improving defensively, and that's how he'd make it in the NHL, but Roy said Joey was concerned with that taking away from his offense.

Seems as though he's a bit independent in his thinking. A lot like his buddy O'Reilly too it seems. Roy wanted him to use his body more in his battles, instead of relying solely on his stick all the time, and now he's off to a terrible start and doesn't seems to be playing with any effort.

Maybe a coincidence, but it doesn't really sit that well.
You are reading a lot into a situation that's pretty simple. He has completely lost confidence in himself and the people around him (not team members).
Anyone that knows Hish would tell he's a really good guy, no bad off-ice habits, totally dedicated to hockey and completely lost in this organization. Sad to see.

Orwell1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2014, 01:57 AM
hockeey
Rookie User

Quote:
He's been good, gaining some confidence now he needs to find consistency. Maybe they've finally chosen him as the real #3 in the system. Berra isn't going anywhere though so you'd be holding for a few years. I can't speak to Dallas' plans so I don't know if that's a better option.
Okay thanks that helps. Its a really deep league so it helps to look for gems that can perform with our limited prospect spots. I just noticed both these goalies weren't picked up yet and I have strong forwards and D for the future so I'm trying to lock up my goalie position.

hockeey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2014, 09:36 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeey View Post
Okay thanks that helps. Its a really deep league so it helps to look for gems that can perform with our limited prospect spots. I just noticed both these goalies weren't picked up yet and I have strong forwards and D for the future so I'm trying to lock up my goalie position.
I'm guessing the obvious ones are gone? Fucale, Subban?

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2014, 10:11 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell1984 View Post
You are reading a lot into a situation that's pretty simple. He has completely lost confidence in himself and the people around him (not team members).
Anyone that knows Hish would tell he's a really good guy, no bad off-ice habits, totally dedicated to hockey and completely lost in this organization. Sad to see.
Thanks! I said it before the season, but Hishon really needs a fresh start.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:10 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Am I supposed to know who Dolph Ziggler is? He has some amazing hair.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:21 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Dolph Ziggler just saved the WWE from the Authority by eliminating 4 members of the Authority's team at Survivor Series this past Sunday. Come on Av-merican, you show know that.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:23 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Dolph Ziggler just saved the WWE from the Authority by eliminating 4 members of the Authority's team at Survivor Series this past Sunday. Come on Av-merican, you show know that.
Your post/summary needs more "Sting" mentions...

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 05:39 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Well, the last time I was a regular viewer of pro wrestling Hulk Hogan was still in his prime and The Birdman Koko B. Ware was a thing. Nice to see the Monsters have a celebrity rooting for 'em though.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote