Notices

General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

General Rugby talk thread - II

Old
09-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Miss Ausguins
Needs moar Vodka

vCash: 500
The NRL can shove the rest of the finals series. Out of the three remaining teams, I don't like any of them at all.

Miss Ausguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2016, 09:00 PM
McOilbleeder
We are all Kloppites

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ausguins View Post
The NRL can shove the rest of the finals series. Out of the three remaining teams, I don't like any of them at all.
Cowboys fan?

09-24-2016, 03:56 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 1200
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
No love for the Raiders? They've been the most fun team to watch this year by far imo.

Cowboys definitely paid the price for not having a round off last week, and the Sharks were fantastic at the beginning to strangle out what little energy the Cowboys did have.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2016, 04:24 PM
darko

C'mon Storm. Get it done.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2016, 08:09 AM
McOilbleeder
We are all Kloppites

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
C'mon Storm. Get it done.
Ugh You're one those

McOilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2016, 08:28 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOilbleeder View Post
Ugh You're one those
Can't go against my Melbourne boys.

Old
09-26-2016, 01:50 PM
Rocko604
KEEP SINDEN OUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj View Post
How many of those Ontario and Prairie players play for Vancouver and Victoria clubs? You want to grow rugby, old boys in places like Saskatoon and Sudbury need to grow roots in the youth. The way it is now Vancouver Island sucks the country dry of talent and Rugby Canada focuses all their energy on the B.C. competition.

Anyway, I do laugh at the B.C. rugby crowd, the ones that are not attached to reality can be pretty funny to listen to. Once read an argument one guy made of "British Columbia would do better on the international stage than Canada is."
Not sure about the Prairie team, but of the Ontario team, zero play in Vancouver or Victoria according to their roster.

And while what you're saying about Vancouver Island sucking the talent dry may have been the case in the 90s and early 00s, it's certainly not the case now. Rugby is HUGE in high school on the Island, including a few prep and academy schools, so much like Capilano in Vancouver, James Bay for example is always going to be a popular destination for players after high school. Currently, the University of British Columbia has become the dominate team in the BC Premier League and they their team consists mostly of students.

Now, that's not to say Vancouver Island/Vancouver still don't have a lot of political power within Rugby Canada, as the High Performance Centre is located just outside of Victoria, which serves as the home training base for the men's and women's teams. The men's and women's World Sevens tour stops are played in Vancouver and Victoria respectively. However when it comes to test matches vs Tier 1 teams, they'll always play in Toronto. IMO,

That said, the thought that BC could outperform Canada was 90s/early 00s talk. That mentality has been dead for a long, long time.

Last edited by Rocko604: 09-26-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Rocko604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2016, 08:04 PM
Miss Ausguins
Needs moar Vodka

I don't want to come across as a sore loser but one thing I don't stand for is cheats like both Melbourne getting done in 2010 for Salary Cap Indiscretions and Cronulla for the Peptide Scandal in 2014 (and what they got was a slap on the wrist compared to an Australian Rules Organisation who also got busted for the same thing).

It's also clear that both teams are still thumbing their noses up at the rest of the competition and there are far too many grubs on both teams as well.

The TV station that has the rights to this game is dead to me anyway.

If the Grand Final involved 2 likable teams, I would definitely watch it.

Miss Ausguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 03:35 PM
darko

Quote:
I don't want to come across as a sore loser but one thing I don't stand for is cheats like both Melbourne getting done in 2010 for Salary Cap Indiscretions and Cronulla for the Peptide Scandal in 2014 (and what they got was a slap on the wrist compared to an Australian Rules Organisation who also got busted for the same thing).

It's also clear that both teams are still thumbing their noses up at the rest of the competition and there are far too many grubs on both teams as well.

The TV station that has the rights to this game is dead to me anyway.

If the Grand Final involved 2 likable teams, I would definitely watch it.

Sore loser or bitter 'northerner'. Both probably fit the bill. Storm breached cap in 07, 09 and 10. They lost their 07 and 09 Premierships and in 10 they got stripped of all their points. That's punishment enough.