HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Stanley Cup Playoffs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion, predictions, and analysis of all playoff games and series. Polls may only be started by sponsors and staff.

WCQF: Nashville Defeats Chicago 4-0

Old
04-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeshane View Post
By all means bring it up with the league & NHLPA and lets get something done to get more scoring.
Agreed; contract the Blackhawks out of the league. 3 goals in an entire playoff series is unacceptable.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2017, 07:33 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
He's not wrong. They did trap all series (Blues or Wild fans will find that out next round). But their speed and transition game were very noticeable. It was a perfect executed game plan that Q did not adjust to.
Funny but I didn't think outskating, outhitting, outhustling, along with winning most of the face offs and puck battles was called "trap".

Preds haven't been a trap team in years. They simply kicked the living crap out of a slower, more passive team

04-22-2017, 07:50 PM
6ix
HitEmWit4LikeAustonM

Strike 2 for quenville?

If they get bounced in the first round again next season they would HAVE to make changes no?

6ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2017, 08:02 PM
JaegerDice
Q Gonna Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ix View Post
Strike 2 for quenville?

If they get bounced in the first round again next season they would HAVE to make changes no?
Yep.

Last time the Blackhawks went out in the first round two years in a row, Q's AC was fired and it was widely reported he was out if they didn't make a deep run.

Though it's worth noting, there was a ton of reporting between 2010 and 2012 that Stan and Q did not see eye to eye... To put it politely. These last two years, there's been little smoke as far as the relationship. They seem fine, if philosophically divergent when it comes to hockey team makeup.

But yeah, another early out and he's taking a seat upstairs next to Bobby Hull in the ambassadors suite and probably working to get a Chicago restaurant off the ground.

JaegerDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 03:50 PM
uTurris
We the True North

Hats off to anybody who predicted Nashville was going to sweep Chicago. Everybody would be flaming at anybody who predicted that, that would've been the boldest prediction of the playoffs.

uTurris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:20 PM
bring back the jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
Man was that a spanking. Hawks were out worked, out skilled, out scouted, and just flat out played. Quite impressive on the Preds part. I hope to see them in at least the finals after this.
It really was an excellent performance. I like chicago and also went with mostly hawks in my playoff pool so i am not a fan of the outcome but damn they played well. You could tell after the first 2 games that the hawks were completely outclassed this time. Im interested to see if they can continue playing so well. Reminiscent of LA's amazing playoff run from a few years back.

bring back the jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:25 PM
hockeyfanatic89
Rookie User

Was Nashville that good? Or Chicago just plain bad? Will be interesting to find out.

hockeyfanatic89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:35 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I had a chuckle last night when I remembered what Jordin Tootoo said before the series:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...412-story.html
http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/04/13/...preds-rivalry/

I respect that he didn't mean it as trash talk and that he clarified that he's thankful for what Nashville did for him, but it still wasn't the smartest thing to say and looks especially funny in hindsight.
In Tootoo's defense, he did play in Chicago's highest scoring game.