HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Game 71: Coyotes @ Predators - 5PM - FSAZ

Old
03-20-2017, 10:03 PM
0point1
Placeholder Message

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Macbeth View Post
On the plus side, by falling over dead tonight against Nashville, we are hurting LA's (already slim) playoff chances.
this is pretty much the only reason i was interested in the game. gotta push la out of the running for a playoff spot.

0point1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 10:09 PM
Lady Macbeth
La Reine des Neiges

vCash: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0point1 View Post
this is pretty much the only reason i was interested in the game. gotta push la out of the running for a playoff spot.
I didn't think about it until about halfway through the second.

For that reason I've switched over to LA @ Edmonton.

If anyone bet $1 on me staying awake, I owe you $2.10.

Lady Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 11:47 PM
BeSeeingYouSeattle
Part time Leaf fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwin22 View Post
and again, with the likes of Dvorak/Holland/Jooris/Martinook centering the lines, there are very few teams we can beat.
Dvo is doing just fine. I wouldn't put his name with the other three.

BeSeeingYouSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 12:53 AM
rt
DingDongTippIsGone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
16-18-10 should be on the ice every third shift.
Yes. And also the entire coaching staff needs to be fired the minute the regular season ends.

03-21-2017, 06:21 AM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSeeingYouSeattle View Post
Of course. Jooris is also fine as 4th line Center and Martinook is a decent winger.

Hinterland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 10:18 AM
ctwin22
Go Desert Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSeeingYouSeattle View Post
Yes, I'm not saying Dvorak isn't doing well, all I'm saying is that when you compare skill set down the middle, we're not going to be able to beat that many teams because our center position folks are not good or playing up to high.

Dvorak isn't a #1 right now, but he has to play a #1, Jooris is a decent 4th liner, but not a good one. Martinook is a winger not a center and Holland just plain sucks.

We need Dvorak to be a #2 and we need to find a #1, so we can let Strome get a feel for the NHL in the 3rd spot and Richardson can have the 4th slot and Jooris can be a backup

ctwin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 10:41 AM
MIG
Undocumented User

I WAS having a really good day...

Last edited by MIG: 03-21-2017 at 10:59 AM.
MIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 11:19 AM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
Duclair finally gets good linemates and PP time, immediately looks 100 times better and racks up an assist.
I would hope that someone would look 100x better when playing a man up...

Granted, I was not able to catch the game, but it seems like people are stating how great Duclair looked with Domi and Dvorak. That appeared to be more on the PP side, and not 5-on-5. All I can do is look at box score, but Domi and Dvorak at 24 shifts and Duclair at 18 signifies to me that Duclair looked good with Domi and Dvorak on the PP only, or very limited 5 on 5 time together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Mega Chychrun
Weird, who would've thought Domi Dvo Duke would've made a good line? Surely not a single poster on here right?
Again, if we are celebrating a player's play solely based on what he did facing a team with one less player on the ice, then I would suggest we take a step back before declaring how that line will do wonders. When they do it consistently 5 on 5, then we can get back to the praise of players and heaping **** on the coaches (this time, it would be warranted)

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 12:02 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post

Granted, I was not able to catch the game, but it seems like people are stating how great Duclair looked with Domi and Dvorak... All I can do is look at box score, but ...

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Dirty Old Man
And yet, we remain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIG View Post
I WAS having a really good day...

Also, Francisco Franco is still dead (you're right TL, maybe I do need the Capt. Obvious avatar back)

Dirty Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Ultra Mega Chychrun
Arise Chychrun!

vCash: 400
Quote:
I would hope that someone would look 100x better when playing a man up...

Granted, I was not able to catch the game, but it seems like people are stating how great Duclair looked with Domi and Dvorak. That appeared to be more on the PP side, and not 5-on-5. All I can do is look at box score, but Domi and Dvorak at 24 shifts and Duclair at 18 signifies to me that Duclair looked good with Domi and Dvorak on the PP only, or very limited 5 on 5 time together.

Again, if we are celebrating a player's play solely based on what he did facing a team with one less player on the ice, then I would suggest we take a step back before declaring how that line will do wonders. When they do it consistently 5 on 5, then we can get back to the praise of players and heaping **** on the coaches (this time, it would be warranted)
They did do it 5 on 5. The first shift they were put together was an entire shift spent in the offensive zone creating scoring chances. They weren't together very much anyway so while they haven't proven to be amazing 5 on 5 they haven't been given a chance to. I agree the dumping on Tippett can be a bit much at times, but this situation isn't one of them IMO. I'd watch the few shifts they had together and re-evaluate.

Ultra Mega Chychrun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 03:08 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
Hey - better that I do state if I am able to watch a game or not. Considering I live out of state now and have Center Ice to see as much as I possibly can, at least it provides context. UMC even said it himself - they were not out there for very long together, so it would be inexcusable of me to also state that they couldn't work well together, especially since Domi and Duclair did look good together last year. Much the same way that UMC acknowledges that it doesn't mean that they are going to go on a streak of points as a result of being put together.

Did most of the time that they were on the same line come after the team had gone down 3-0, before then, or a mixture of that line combo at various points throughout the game? If it was done while they are down 3-0, then that could be due to Nashville resting on their laurels as much as it is the reclamation of the DDD line.

Putting Duclair with Domi is nice, but so is putting a reliable RW as well.

Last edited by BUX7PHX: 03-21-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old
03-21-2017, 03:13 PM
Ultra Mega Chychrun
Arise Chychrun!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Hey - better that I do state if I am able to watch a game or not. At least it provides context. UMC even said it himself - they were not out there for very long together, so it would be inexcusable of me to also state that they couldn't work well together, especially since Domi and Duclair did look good together last year. Much the same way that UMC acknowledges that this doesn't mean that it doesn't mean that they are going to go on a streak of points as a result of being put together.

Did most of the time that they were on the same line come after the team had gone down 3-0, before then, or a mixture of that line combo at various points throughout the game? If it was done while they are down 3-0, then that could be due to Nashville resting on their laurels as much as it is the reclamation of the DDD line.

Putting Duclair with Domi is nice, but so is putting a reliable RW as well.
It was pretty late in the game, pretty sure it was after Nashville has scored their 3rd goal. It could be that Nashville just let up, but really I'd check it out, they were great together, just like they were earlier in season the few times they were together.

Ultra Mega Chychrun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 03:16 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Mega Chychrun View Post
It was pretty late in the game, pretty sure it was after Nashville has scored their 3rd goal. It could be that Nashville just let up, but really I'd check it out, they were great together, just like they were earlier in season the few times they were together.
Will do - thx.