Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Sphl

Old
03-17-2017, 05:42 PM
NLRAIDERS

vCash: 500
Sphl

Is it better then Senior AAA Hockey? (Canada) Specifically the Allan cup teams.

NLRAIDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 07:06 PM
Captain Crash

Yes.

Captain Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 08:15 PM
NLRAIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crash View Post
Yes.
Significantly or slightly?

NLRAIDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 04:16 PM
Francis10

The Allan Cup teams would beat any SPHL team quite easily. They are all ex Major Junior, NCAA, and ECHL/AHL players in senior AAA.

Francis10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 06:44 PM
JackalsKnuckles

Allan Cup teams have a ton of skill and nearly all have played at a level no lower than major junior or the ECHL, many above that. They don't practice much since the guys have day jobs, but the skill level is extremely high.

JackalsKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 09:20 AM
SemireliableSource
Liter-a-cola

ACH teams would beat SPHL teams "quite easily"?

Let's use facts and not just "I KNOW BECAUSE I KNOW!"

Corey Tamblyn: played in the SPHL now plays in ACH.

2014-15 with Fayetteville: 32 points in 42 games. He was fourth in scoring on a team that finished seventh of eight but missed the playoffs by a decent margin.

2016-17 with Whitby: 36 points in 21 games. Tied for the leading in scoring on his team, sixth in the league. Whitby finished second.

You've also got a six-team league where a third of the league has won a quarter or less of their games. But those teams would easily beat all SPHL teams?

I'm not knocking the quality of ACH but rather your hubris or lack of desire to actually know what you're talking about.

SemireliableSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 10:08 AM
Francis10

Seriously you pick 1 guy who has played in SPHL and ACH and that qualifies you to know the quality of Senior AAA in Canada?

Francis10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 04:12 PM
SemireliableSource
Liter-a-cola

No, but at least I presented facts and not bravado. I just pulled one name that I recognized.

Old
03-22-2017, 06:50 PM
pled

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoRussianAlaskan View Post
No, but at least I presented facts and not bravado. I just pulled one name that I recognized.
Best senior canadian hockey player are usually retired pro that doesnt wanna play in europe or minor us league so they are way better than best sphl player.

but the worst canadian senior hockey player totally suck and weren't professional ever so the sphl average might be lil bit higher than senior canadian league.

pled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2017, 09:32 AM
MiamiHockey

Don't neglect the fact for Senior AAA players, hockey is part-time - all of the players work full-time, and many have families - whereas SPHL teams are full-time, professional athletes, and typically younger.

This means two things:
- In the regular season, there is a lot of roster turnover at Senior AAA. Players often miss games and practices.
- The Senior AAA players are typically older and less conditioned than the SPHL players.

I'll say this: the average talent level is higher in Senior AAA - there are no Ryan Smyths or Jim Vandermeers in the SPHL. If you took the top Senior AAA teams in Canada (Lacombe Generals, Stony Plain Eagles) and made them full-time, professional athletes, they would beat the SPHL teams.

However, if you just held an exhibition game between a current SPHL team and a current Senior AAA team, I'd give the edge to the younger, faster, better-conditioned SPHL squad.

MiamiHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2017, 10:44 PM
SemireliableSource
Liter-a-cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by pled View Post
Best senior canadian hockey player are usually retired pro that doesnt wanna play in europe or minor us league so they are way better than best sphl player.

but the worst canadian senior hockey player totally suck and weren't professional ever so the sphl average might be lil bit higher than senior canadian league.
I know all about senior hockey. There are guys like Smyth, Vandermeer, and even someone like Joel Prpic, then there are guys who, like you said, suck. When we discuss level of play, we're not talking quality of individual players, we're talking quality of overall team which, as MiamiHockey pointed out, includes conditioning, the youth of the team, and regular practice.

A team with wily, veterans who are all or mostly veteran, pro players who are on the same conditioning level? Who knows; but that's not what was proposed.