HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), BCHL, CJAHL, and its leagues.

Ottawa U18 Part 4

Old
08-13-2017, 07:56 PM
nothappy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternfan View Post
1 One positive to u18AAA league was it allowed players that should have been playing AAA and never made it because the parents clics in each organization.
It was very obvious which players should not have been playing as well. The elite players were still elite but this league is good at exposing strengths and weaknesses in each player.
2 I can't see going back to AAA executives filled with parents.

3 The success of u18AAA league to me will depend on where the players with 2 years of playing end up. Any OHL, How many CCHL and CCHL2. In future, how many get scholarships to D1 schools will also be interesting.

4 Changes need to be made and that was on parents and players feedback the first year. Second year nothing was asked so shows they don't care about player and family. First thing is to remove the 9:30 and 9:45 games on Monday nights and allow teams to have a few more local games. Gate fees removed because not like there is no seating room and I think $6K per player should cover the expenses to run league. The 4 man referee system was better but younger refs still need to learn. Playoff format like CCHL so regular standings actually mean something but shorter series. AGM should be open to public as well.
1U18 needed about 40 players to run its league so 40 kids that might never have made AAA before were afforded a chance to play AAA. Why did those kids never play AAA the reason are many, politics, lack of talent, coaching decision, poor parenting the kid got released because the coach did not want the parent( it happens), plays the wrong position(LW vs RW).
2 Only 2 AAA associations that I know were run by parents. Wild and 67's.
3 Please take your rose colored glasses off. The number of HEO kids in CCHL has dropped the last two years. The number of OHL drafted players has dropped.
4 U 18 addressed the late games complaint from parents after the first year by moving the games to a later time. They do not care. Money for CCHL owners is the only concern. No survey after year two because they do not care.

Have a great day.
We can hope that HEO Minor changes it attitude and improves or do they get worse because they won.
Only time will tell.

Last edited by nothappy: 08-14-2017 at 07:03 AM.
nothappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2017, 07:49 AM
Easternfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothappy View Post
1U18 needed about 40 players to run its league so 40 kids that might never have made AAA before were afforded a chance to play AAA. Why did those kids never play AAA the reason are many, politics, lack of talent, coaching decision, poor parenting the kid got released because the coach did not want the parent( it happens), plays the wrong position(LW vs RW).
2 Only 2 AAA associations that I know were run by parents. Wild and 67's.
3 Please take your rose colored glasses off. The number of HEO kids in CCHL has dropped the last two years. The number of OHL drafted players has dropped.
4 U 18 addressed the late games complaint from parents after the first year by moving the games to a later time. They do not care. Money for CCHL owners is the only concern. No survey after year two because they do not care.

Have a great day.
We can hope that HEO Minor changes it attitude and improves or do they get worse because they won.
Only time will tell.
1). The two teams with least amount of previous AAA players made it to the finals and the team with lowest number won. Call it a fluke but there were players on both teams that should have been playing AAA in my opinion. Most teams had at least one or two that could have.

2) 2 of 5 is still too many run by parents for me. You know it is run by parents when you hear from them in January who is coaching the team the following year and the process of coach selection hasn't even started yet. Cutting kids from a team and taking players out of district without even seeing them is not right either.

3). Not wearing rose coloured glasses. KA was using numbers of OHL draft and number playing in CCHL as a measuring stick so that is what I am gauging the success on.

4). Totally agree. I guess that was a statement to be quiet or they will just do the opposite to show they have the power.

I do not have great hope for HEO Minor because I doubt they will go against the CCHL clubs.

Who was in charge at the free agent camp this past weekend?

Easternfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2017, 12:58 PM
OttawaDad

Odd that the schedule isn't out and the season starts in less than 3 weeks?

OttawaDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2017, 02:43 PM
DeepThoughts

Quote:
Rumor,

Looks like HEO Minor won its appeal at Hockey Canada. HEO Minor back in charge of minor hockey.(Including Midget).

Does this spell the end of U18 after this year? One can only hope.

I would assume HEO can also appeal this decision. More to come.

I love/hate minor hockey. Never about the kids/players always about who is in control.
Sounds like a positive development. But HEO minor back in charge of what?? Not sure which is the lesser of two evils. At least KA's goal of Ottawa area hockey domination has hit a snag. If CCHL loses the Midget AAA league - how does this affect the CCHL tier 1 club's bottom line - could be very expensive to play CCHL in the pay to play model if owners still want to make a profit. Given the politics and money involved, will be tough for HEO minor to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. But I wish HEO minor luck as I believe minor hockey includes midget and doesn't just end with Bantam.

DeepThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2017, 07:10 PM
ecraigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThoughts View Post
Sounds like a positive development. But HEO minor back in charge of what?? Not sure which is the lesser of two evils. At least KA's goal of Ottawa area hockey domination has hit a snag. If CCHL loses the Midget AAA league - how does this affect the CCHL tier 1 club's bottom line - could be very expensive to play CCHL in the pay to play model if owners still want to make a profit. Given the politics and money involved, will be tough for HEO minor to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. But I wish HEO minor luck as I believe minor hockey includes midget and doesn't just end with Bantam.
The appeal was to overturn a series of motions that radically changed the structure of minor hockey, essentially removing the HEO Minor Executive. Given that the HEO By-Law specifically names HEO Minor as managing minor hockey, HC reversed a number of them.

What will this mean? Who knows? The appeal process has cost us more than two months of preparation time. Other changes were made that affect day-to-day operations and the impact of those are still unclear. New requirements for Criminal Record Checks, a new mandatory Gender Sensitivity course, revised transfer policies.

Minor Hockey is IP through Juvenile. All of these players need our time and attention and parents are not just a set of wallets to be cleared.

ecraigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2017, 04:04 PM
nothappy

U18

Has anybody seen a schedule?
If so please point me in the right direction.
Thank You

nothappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 05:40 AM
BadgerKnight

Schedule

Quote:
Has anybody seen a schedule?
If so please point me in the right direction.
Thank You
From the home site,
http://heomidget.pointstreaksites.com/view/heomidget

I did find this schedule with Showcase dates
http://heomgtaaa.wttstats.pointstrea...seasonid=17167

However, I did not locate any preseason schedule yet the Twitter feed indicates games have occurred.
https://twitter.com/heomidgetaaa?lang=en

The CCHL have gone to HockeyTech so was expecting HEO U18 AAA to use the same statistical provider and not continue with Pointstreak.

BadgerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote