HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room VII

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Velociraptor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmm View Post
I really don't care about your question and answer.
???

Old
03-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Hawkman
RIP Jean Beliveau

New Star Trek Trailer http://news.yahoo.com/star-trek-dark...135319578.html

Old
03-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
I think its funny that it lookslike Noel Clark is gonna be in that movie... I loved his breakthrough movies adulthood and kidulthood

and it looks like this movie will be better than the first atrocity...

Old
03-22-2013, 09:06 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Wisconsin, Boston, Finland, Prague and Moscow are now on my hockey list of must-visits!
I've seen Jokerit (Helsinki, Finland) and while I've been to Prague, I saw soccer, not hockey. Went to Boston a little over a year ago and saw Boston University Friday and the Bruins Saturday. Helsinki was a great hockey experience, and the German Eishockeybundesliga (Adler Mannheim, Cologne Sharks, Grizzly Adams Wolfsburg) were all good too, but while I thought the "pageantry" of European pro hockey is great, I'd rather watch the energy and feistiness of NCAA / CHL hockey.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:30 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
how many games of ladd have you or vanislander watched whil living outside of north america

I bet none
In person, live? .... how many games did you attend at the MTS Centre?

I watch one or two NHL games a day throughout the NHL season and saw both Winnipeg Jets blow out losses against the Capitals 0-4 and 1-6. The Jets are my third favorite Canadian team and I have seen about a dozen games this season completely. I bought the new Winnipeg Jets jersey the very same day it went on pre-order in September 2011, though it didn't arrive until the week until Christmas.

How do I watch so many games? On my 50+ inch full HD LG TV hooked up to my computer to give high quality uninterrupted streaming of any present or past games I want to watch through gamecenter.nhl.com (It's under $200 for a full season, much cheaper for this half season).

I am not married with a kid, nor am in a rat race (and no commute time as I live one minute away from work here: Jeju Island (I hike, I watch hockey, I come on HfBoards and I teach five days a week. That is my life, and has been for years.) I work 6 hours a day during the workweek, from 1230am-630am eastern time (which is 230-830pm local time here), so I get to watch complete Eastern conference games before I even go to work and Western conference games on-demand after I get off work. I am not at all ignorant of Andrew Ladd. He scores most of his goals around the net off of broken plays or through hard work. He doesn't have the softest hands nor the best hockey sense but he's a third liner on a cup contending NHL team and a top liner on a low salary cap floor team. I am a fan of Evander Kane, Tobias Enstrom,
Pavelec and sometimes Byfuglien (Buff can be brilliant or dull, depending on the shift). Wheeler is impressing me, Jokinen rarely. Miettinen went from playing badly to getting injury prone. I am eagerily anticipating Scheifele, Cormier, Trouba!

Old
03-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Hawkman
RIP Jean Beliveau

Quote:
Penguins acquire Jarome Iginla from Flames (Yahoo! Sports) - 6 hours ago
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Jarome Iginla spent 16 years chasing a Stanley Cup in Calgary.

Iginla scratched, Flames beat Avalanche 4-3 (Yahoo! Sports) - 6 hours ago
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) -- With Jarome Iginla sitting out Calgary's contest against Colorado, Mark Giordano acknowledged it was strange not to have the Flames' captain in the locker room before ...

Canadiens top Bruins 6-5 in shootout (Yahoo! Sports) - 10 hours ago
BOSTON (AP) -- Brendan Gallagher began Montreal's comeback from a two-goal deficit with a third-period goal. The rookie ended it with the only goal in the shootout.

Koivu scores in OT, Wild beat Coyotes 4-3 (Yahoo! Sports) - 9 hours ago
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- The Minnesota Wild weren't at their best and still found a way to win again. The Phoenix Coyotes played better than they had been recently, though it wasn't enough to s...

Sharks beat Ducks 4-0 to sweep home-and-home (Yahoo! Sports) - 8 hours ago
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- With time running out on their season, the San Jose Sharks wanted to get off to a fast start to a crucial homestand that could determine whether they make it back to the playo...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/

Can anyone stop the Pens in the playoffs?

Old
03-28-2013, 10:48 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

San Jose recently traded away Douglas Murray to Pittsburgh, voted by NHLPA members as the 2nd hardest hitter in the league a year ago, behind Chara and ahead of Tootoo. Murray has disappointed us Sharks fans in recent years, as I've posted often in the last year or so, even on this chatroom. His decision making is sometimes bad, though not Ben Eager like bad. He has been a healthy scratch several times and the writing was on the wall. That said, as a third pairing member on a cup contending Penguins squad, he brings hits, strength, scapping and skating.

Morrow, Iginla and Murray... the Pens are the definition of a team built for a cup run!

Old
03-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:

They've added a lot of beef...

Old
03-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:

Marc-Andre Fleury

Old
03-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Rob Scuderi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
Marc-Andre Fleury
I counter with Dan Bylsma

Old
03-28-2013, 10:58 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Pens now have the strongest group of forwards that has been assembled since the NHL adopted the Salary Cap, that's for sure.

But they didn't lose in the playoffs last year because they couldn't score; they lost because they couldn't play defense.

So we'll see. Seems like Paul Martin has finally found his groove in Pittsburgh, so that helps.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:37 PM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
Marc-Andre Fleury
Totally. He is so hot and cold has to be frustrating for the team too.

But if he is on come May and June they will be in great shape in Pittsburgh.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:18 AM
MadArcand
We do not sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Pens now have the strongest group of forwards that has been assembled since the NHL adopted the Salary Cap, that's for sure.
Really? They may have the best top-3, but overall I'd take the Cup Hawks easily.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Rob Scuderi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
Really? They may have the best top-3, but overall I'd take the Cup Hawks easily.
Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Iginla, Kunitz, Dupuis, Morrow, Sutter, Cooke/Kennedy

Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Versteeg, Ladd, Brouwer, Bolland, Kopecky

I'll take the Hawks defense easily, but I like the Pens top 9. Kunitz and Dupuis don't seem to hold up, but they produce. Neal's borderline useless without Malkin but getting him back and adding Iginla to the line should make him look like a post-season all-star again.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
In person, live? .... how many games did you attend at the MTS Centre?

I watch one or two NHL games a day throughout the NHL season and saw both Winnipeg Jets blow out losses against the Capitals 0-4 and 1-6. The Jets are my third favorite Canadian team and I have seen about a dozen games this season completely. I bought the new Winnipeg Jets jersey the very same day it went on pre-order in September 2011, though it didn't arrive until the week until Christmas.

How do I watch so many games? On my 50+ inch full HD LG TV hooked up to my computer to give high quality uninterrupted streaming of any present or past games I want to watch through gamecenter.nhl.com (It's under $200 for a full season, much cheaper for this half season).

I am not married with a kid, nor am in a rat race (and no commute time as I live one minute away from work here: Jeju Island (I hike, I watch hockey, I come on HfBoards and I teach five days a week. That is my life, and has been for years.) I work 6 hours a day during the workweek, from 1230am-630am eastern time (which is 230-830pm local time here), so I get to watch complete Eastern conference games before I even go to work and Western conference games on-demand after I get off work. I am not at all ignorant of Andrew Ladd. He scores most of his goals around the net off of broken plays or through hard work. He doesn't have the softest hands nor the best hockey sense but he's a third liner on a cup contending NHL team and a top liner on a low salary cap floor team. I am a fan of Evander Kane, Tobias Enstrom,
Pavelec and sometimes Byfuglien (Buff can be brilliant or dull, depending on the shift). Wheeler is impressing me, Jokinen rarely. Miettinen went from playing badly to getting injury prone. I am eagerily anticipating Scheifele, Cormier, Trouba!
Baloney lol

Old
03-31-2013, 03:52 PM
EagleBelfour

That Crosby guy can't catch a break. Unfortunate.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
That Crosby guy can't catch a break. Unfortunate.
Is he out again

Old
03-31-2013, 04:15 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
Is he out again
Broken jaw \. Shuldn't be out long, can play with a full shield.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:58 AM
EagleBelfour

I thought my ATD friends would appreciate the souvenir I just bought today:

... Best 1000 rubles ever spent!

Old
04-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Velociraptor

Quote:
I thought my ATD friends would appreciate the souvenir I just bought today:

... Best 1000 rubles ever spent!
10/10!

Old
04-02-2013, 03:50 PM
EagleBelfour

I saw this picture today in Saint-Petersburg, but I can't read it. Are they making a movie on Valeri Kharlamov?

Old
04-02-2013, 04:15 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

Quote:

I saw this picture today in Saint-Petersburg, but I can't read it. Are they making a movie on Valeri Kharlamov?
Seems so.

As far as I can guess, it says:

'A film by Nikolai Lebedev
Oleg Menshikov
Danila Kozlovskiy
Legend #17'

You could try searching for the director/actors, the movie might actually be out already if you saw an ad for it.

Old
04-02-2013, 04:23 PM
EagleBelfour

I would love to see the film if I could find it with English subtitles!

Old
04-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Hawkman
RIP Jean Beliveau

Obviously Brendan Morrow and Iginla were already traded to the Pens, but the trade deadline is rocking!

Quote:
Bruins obtain Jagr from Stars to spark offense (Yahoo! Sports) - 1 hour ago
BOSTON (AP) -- The Boston Bruins have acquired Jaromir Jagr from the Dallas Stars in an attempt to improve their shaky offense.
Penguins captain Sidney Crosby out of hospital (Yahoo! Sports) - 3 hours ago
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby is out of the hospital after breaking his jaw Saturday.
Hurricanes acquire Bergeron in Lightning trade (Yahoo! Sports) - 2 hours ago
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- The Carolina Hurricanes have acquired defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for forward Adam Hall and a draft pick.
Canucks acquire center Derek Roy from Dallas (Yahoo! Sports) - 1 hour ago
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- The Vancouver Canucks have acquired center Derek Roy from the Dallas Stars to add some much-needed depth at forward.
Defenseman Jay Bouwmeester traded to Blues (Yahoo! Sports) - 18 hours ago
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) -- The Calgary Flames traded defenseman Jay Bouwmeester to the St. Louis Blues on Monday night.
LA Kings acquire D Robyn Regehr from Buffalo (Yahoo! Sports) - 16 hours ago
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Veteran defenseman Robyn Regehr dropped his no-trade clause to allow the Buffalo Sabres to deal him to the Los Angeles Kings, where he'll be reunited with his former coach, D...

Old
04-04-2013, 11:36 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

I have just 15 minutes online today but thought I'd post about deadline acquisitions:

1. Martin Erat to Washington.

I am a longtime Erat fan, having discovered him in his impressive Memorial Cup tourney, have drafted him ever since in every FHL sim league I had been in (2003-2008). I became a Predators fan in part because Nashville drafted him (and in part because the organization is so hard hitting and fine defensive play oriented). One of the Caps broadcast crew asked an anonymous Western conference GM about Erat's game and here is what he reported in Erat's Caps debut:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Western conference GM
"He is a dangerous player... has a nose for the net and tight space quickness... centres/playmakers of Caps should help his game"
Erat is on pace for 40-50 points average if it wasn't a shortened season, so really focussing opn his goal totlas is misleading. He has ALWAYS been a good passer, a hard worker, a good skater, a responsible forechecker and a team leader. Preds fans are sad to see him go (I too like Filip Forsberg but man, are prospects overrated on this board, to think a multiyear contracted Erat is a bad deal for an unproven teenager who may not be any more than a 40-60 point getter like Erat is now, and may not bring intangibles (think the cancer that is Semin away from the puck).

2. Ryan Clowe to the Rangers.

I was jacked to hear that Clowe had become a NYR. He is so in the mold of a Callahan, Girardi. Clowe has been the only fixture on the Sharks 2nd line for a loooong time, until this season, when his lack of goal scoring saw him demoted to the 3rd line. I still wanted San Jose to keep him because he brings a lot to a third line on a championship-driven club: skating, checking, hard work, fighting to stand up for mates, battling for loose pucks, backchecking, hard work, energy, a great team player. But us Sharks fans KNOW he CAN score, he just hasn't clicked lately and the change of scenery and chemistry might kick start him, and indeed it has at MSG.

Closed Thread