HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Jersey Numbers for new pick-ups

Old
09-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Devilswede

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
This is basically the dumbest thing I've ever heard about GM rules.

"Hey Mike, wanna sign this 25M contract? Just a head's up, I think #13 is unlucky so you can't wear it. I also think that numbers above 30 are only for superstars, which you obviously aren't, so you can't wear #93 either."
Yup, you summed it up, although I get you were trying to be funny. It's not a dumb rule at all. It's a rule about the team, that no one should try to stand out from the others. This is also implemented by Burke in Calgary now.

Cammalleri was aware of the rule. You don't pass up signing with a team because you can't wear a number of preference. That would be dumb.

And Cammalleri is not a superstar. Those other names are all basically Hall of Famers. So he's not exempt of that rule.

Devilswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
Yup, you summed it up, although I get you were trying to be funny. It's not a dumb rule at all. It's a rule about the team, that no one should try to stand out from the others. This is also implemented by Burke in Calgary now.

Cammalleri was aware of the rule. You don't pass up signing with a team because you can't wear a number of preference. That would be dumb.

And Cammalleri is not a superstar. Those other names are all basically Hall of Famers. So he's not exempt of that rule.
It should be all or nothing. Either everyone has to follow the rules or don't have the rules.

Saying "you have to be a part of the team but that guy over there doesn't because he's better than you" doesn't breed team unity.

Ragamuffin Gunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2014, 10:30 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 850
Rich Chere @Ledger_NJDevils -

Devils training camp numbers - Mike Komisarek 72, Tomas Kaberle 47, Ruslan Fedotenko 76, Jordin Tootoo 74, Scott Gomez 28.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2..._story_package

Edit - My error - those players above are not on the Devils yet. They are just "named" players who are unsigned and trying out.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 09-15-2014 at 10:38 PM.
LaxSabre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2014, 10:56 PM
kaiser matias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
This is basically the dumbest thing I've ever heard about GM rules.

"Hey Mike, wanna sign this 25M contract? Just a head's up, I think #13 is unlucky so you can't wear it. I also think that numbers above 30 are only for superstars, which you obviously aren't, so you can't wear #93 either."
Such a contradictory policy. No high numbers because it promotes individualism. Except for those who already have it, you can keep sticking out.

Either make it an all or none policy. Don't create exceptions for some players but not others.

kaiser matias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2014, 08:15 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser matias View Post
Such a contradictory policy. No high numbers because it promotes individualism. Except for those who already have it, you can keep sticking out.

Either make it an all or none policy. Don't create exceptions for some players but not others.
I don't get this whole 'low numbers' obsession.. The league allows players to wear 1-98, it's dumb when teams take more then half the numbers away.

I like high numbers, they're unique. I wore 91 in junior because of Fedorov - this at a time where high numbers were pretty rare. I think Tavares, Stamkos and Seguin must have seen me play and that's why they wear 91

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote