HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Pick # 8 - Center and LW, William Nylander, Modo, Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcazemKadri View Post
Is anyone an ESPN insider? I'd love to see the write up Corey Pronman did on Nylander.
I don't think you need to be an insider to see this one, but therefore good chance you might have seen it already:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...nhl-draft-2014

Old
08-15-2014, 10:11 AM
SarcazemKadri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
I don't think you need to be an insider to see this one, but therefore good chance you might have seen it already:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...nhl-draft-2014
Yes I have, thanks though.

Pronman did a recent top 100 prospects thread in which Nylander is ranked 4th, IIRC.

I'd like to see a more updated write up from him.

This is the link:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...pects-1-50-nhl

Old
08-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcazemKadri View Post
Yes I have, thanks though.

Pronman did a recent top 100 prospects thread in which Nylander is ranked 4th, IIRC.

I'd like to see a more updated write up from him.

This is the link:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...pects-1-50-nhl
I would too, wanna go splits on $3.33 per month

Old
08-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Vor
RIP Lounge

vCash: 50
I still have doubts about Nylander. The way he casually saunters around the offensive zone is just plain not going to work in the NHL. He's got some nice tools for sure but he's going to have a rude awakening the first time he gets rocked with his head down. I can't say im totally comfortable with this pick, i realllllly wanted Ehlers and think he'll be the better player long term.

Old
08-15-2014, 12:15 PM
TheThrill81
So Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
I still have doubts about Nylander. The way he casually saunters around the offensive zone is just plain not going to work in the NHL. He's got some nice tools for sure but he's going to have a rude awakening the first time he gets rocked with his head down. I can't say im totally comfortable with this pick, i realllllly wanted Ehlers and think he'll be the better player long term.
If only there was something called player development, instead of throwing every player into the NHL right away.

Old
08-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Vor
RIP Lounge

vCash: 50
Lame comeback.

Old
08-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
One thing that stood out to me, in my admittedly limited viewings, is his awareness and heads up play. It's usually not so obvious, but in his case it really stood out I thought. Are you aware of any incidences of him being rocked with his head down? I also really wanted Ehlers, but I'd say his up-tempo style of play is more likely to get him rocked than Nylander's more cerebral approach.

Old
08-15-2014, 12:41 PM
leafers

Quote:
It wont be too long before you see we made the right pick when you see both play.
Injuries aside, Nylanders skillset and offensive arsenal is more divere and high end than Ehlers.

Ehlers is a great talent aswell and I wanted him had Nylander been taken, but Nylander is a special talent and those things you think wont work in the NHL will eventually work.

Old
08-15-2014, 12:44 PM
TheThrill81
So Hot

Quote:
Lame comeback.
What's lame is writing off Nylander already, not to mention making an assumption about how he'll get "rocked with his head down".

Closed Thread