HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why are people thinking we can still make a UFA splash? No roster or cap space!

Old
07-09-2013, 04:56 PM
AWSAA
Fire Chevy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
The fact Wennberg is half a year older and has grinder upside tells a lot.

Wennberg just missed the cut for getting drafted last year.
One of the best scouting minds in the NHL drafted him with the very next pick. Same guy stole Hossa & Havlat in the middle of the first when he was with the Senators, helped build a future contender in St. Louis, and nearly had the Blue Jackets in the playoffs last year when they were expected to finish dead last.

Jarmo has proven a whole lot more than Chevy so far. He's actually earned some trust.

Last edited by AWSAA: 07-09-2013 at 05:02 PM.
AWSAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:13 PM
jimmycrackcorn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_wildstabatanything View Post

Jarmo has proven a whole lot more than Chevy so far. He's actually earned some trust.
Of course has...

jimmycrackcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:15 PM
AWSAA
Fire Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
Of course has...
Go to the Sens & Blues boards and ask for their opinion if you don't believe me.

Old
07-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 1300
Quote:
One of the best scouting minds in the NHL drafted him with the very next pick. Same guy stole Hossa & Havlat in the middle of the first when he was with the Senators, helped build a future contender in St. Louis, and nearly had the Blue Jackets in the playoffs last year when they were expected to finish dead last.

Well if he's so good wouldn't whoever we pick be wrong seeing as Columbus picked right behind us?

Maybe you could ask Jarmo if he had Morrissey ranked higher?

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:20 PM
pcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorthern knight View Post
You win hockey games by scoring more goals than the opponents. In case you're wondering, no, I don't run up a long distance bill phoning in from Toronto to TSN1290 post-game shows.

Unless we were letting in a whole slew of goals on the power-play, that's not an excuse.

For the sake of our playoff chances, I sincerely hope so.
yep!

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:30 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 598
Quote:

They had a Vezina winning goalie. Unless you or anyone else has a crystal ball, the single biggest reason for their turn around was Bob and not one person expected that. But you can keep using hindsight logic in posts...

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:41 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Well if he's so good wouldn't whoever we pick be wrong seeing as Columbus picked right behind us?

Maybe you could ask Jarmo if he had Morrissey ranked higher?
Logic.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:44 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Go to the Sens & Blues boards and ask for their opinion if you don't believe me.
Because we fans are the most unbiased and knowledgeable regarding judging GM worth?

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 05:52 PM
AWSAA
Fire Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Because we fans are the most unbiased and knowledgeable regarding judging GM worth?
Point taken. Just saying... if you want to run that poll on the general boards Kekalainen is running away with it in a landslide.

Old
07-09-2013, 06:02 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

Quote:
Point taken. Just saying... if you want to run that poll on the general boards Kekalainen is running away with it in a landslide.
Of course he would - he's new and shiny. Chevy is following a script, which bores the heck out of people that are more interested in the latest shiny bauble.

Note: I watch sports for entertainment, and enjoy the latest shiny bauble every now and again, but can also appreciate and have patience for teams that have a long term plan.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:54 PM
pcanuck

Im surprised ppl on here aren't crying for hainsey... Or antro... Or our other ufa still out there. Seems they aren't the all stars winnipeg fans thought they were. I heard ppl on here say hainsey was the best ufA dman this summer... Lol, yeah... Apparently not.

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
Im surprised ppl on here aren't crying for hainsey... Or antro... Or our other ufa still out there. Seems they aren't the all stars winnipeg fans thought they were. I heard ppl on here say hainsey was the best ufA dman this summer... Lol, yeah... Apparently not.
I didn't get the memo that Free Agency was over and the season started.

Selanne, Jagr, Redden, Hejduk, Cleary, Whitney, Peckham, Mueller, Penner, Ryder, Zidlicky, Ponikarovski, Boyes, Thomas, Latendresse, Gagne, Fedetenko, Boedker, Morrow, Pieterangelo, Stewart, Langenbrunner, Raymond, Poti, Wolski must all be garbage too.

I would take Hainsey and Antropov back. I don't believe the club is interested in either though as I think A> They are going to roll with the D they have and B> they are only looking to add a forward if he is a legitimate top 6 guy.