HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), BCHL, CJAHL, and its leagues.

EOJHL 2014 - 15 Season

Old
05-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Highstic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchltier1fan View Post
Richard spoke at CCHL U16 Camp on weekend in presentations, fully supportive of concept, he is also part of CCHL Executive. He said that first discussions of this concept started in 2010. I do not believe Debbie has a vote on HEO Minor Council who approved the 3 year Pilot.
Still haven't seen a response to the string from a few weeks ago C1Fan, So you are an owner... still suspect so. SB?. And really curious KA hasn't responded yet, as I know for a fact he's on here as well. Hear there may be a bit of a legal battle brewing over the "transparent" take over. First logical thing I have heard in a bit regarding EO hockey..... Don't roll over folks. Stand up for our local players, and their rights.

Highstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2015, 10:40 AM
cchltier1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highstic View Post
Still haven't seen a response to the string from a few weeks ago C1Fan, So you are an owner... still suspect so. SB?. And really curious KA hasn't responded yet, as I know for a fact he's on here as well. Hear there may be a bit of a legal battle brewing over the "transparent" take over. First logical thing I have heard in a bit regarding EO hockey..... Don't roll over folks. Stand up for our local players, and their rights.
Not worth discussing anymore, it is old news and you obviously have your opinion and I have mine.

cchltier1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2015, 10:48 AM
goodtimes

Quote:
Not worth discussing anymore, it is old news and you obviously have your opinion and I have mine.
Heard the lawsuit and that teams may be folding below the U18 level. All this so the CCHL gets player control, amazing how self serving this thing is becoming.

goodtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2015, 09:19 PM
Highstic

Quote:
That's a complete copout C1F. It's just old news to you as you have obviously been in the know all along, and the CCHL has managed to steamroll and blindside most of the membership without so much as a general meeting or poll. Your opinion is **** everyone else as long as it lines the pockets and meets the needs of the struggling CJ teams. There are many, many pissed, concerned and disappointed members here in our hockey community, but hey ****em all, I guess because you think it's not worth discussing life just goes on........Not old news at all chum, real details are just getting out to many of the general public, and there are still many unanswered questions. Hear the litigious folks are circling the wagons, and you can be sure as time rolls along the real agendas and those pushing it will be exposed in the media.

Old
05-07-2015, 08:39 AM
cchltier1fan

Quote:
That's a complete copout C1F. It's just old news to you as you have obviously been in the know all along, and the CCHL has managed to steamroll and blindside most of the membership without so much as a general meeting or poll. Your opinion is **** everyone else as long as it lines the pockets and meets the needs of the struggling CJ teams. There are many, many pissed, concerned and disappointed members here in our hockey community, but hey ****em all, I guess because you think it's not worth discussing life just goes on........Not old news at all chum, real details are just getting out to many of the general public, and there are still many unanswered questions. Hear the litigious folks are circling the wagons, and you can be sure as time rolls along the real agendas and those pushing it will be exposed in the media.
LOL, the great conspiracy theorist at work again.

The reality is if it ultimately gets turned over and/or reversed I really do not care but I have lived the current setup and do not like it. I know info because I made calls, asked questions and sat in on presentations. I did not just listen to the misinformation from my AAA Association. Is it perfect, no, but neither is the current setup IMO.

cchltier1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Clarke74

Quote:
The owners of the EOJHL were presented with an opportunity, KA and CCHL has zero power or votes to MAKE the EOJHL owners vote for this new league. They obviously looked at the pros and cons of new league and voted it in. The majority of Ottawa hockey people do not like change at all.....two years ago the CCHL was going to fold and all players were going to quit hockey because of the pay to play. Well, I guess KA proved the NA sayers wrong. CCHL is the best run league in the country that provides the later bloomers with opportunity....YES late bloomer....because if the they were really good...they would be playing in the OHL...which is the best league in North America. CCHL 2 will be successful just like the CCHL is. Be patient and enjoy the ride. Jason Clarke

Clarke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2015, 11:23 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke74 View Post
The owners of the EOJHL were presented with an opportunity, KA and CCHL has zero power or votes to MAKE the EOJHL owners vote for this new league. They obviously looked at the pros and cons of new league and voted it in. The majority of Ottawa hockey people do not like change at all.....two years ago the CCHL was going to fold and all players were going to quit hockey because of the pay to play. Well, I guess KA proved the NA sayers wrong. CCHL is the best run league in the country that provides the later bloomers with opportunity....YES late bloomer....because if the they were really good...they would be playing in the OHL...which is the best league in North America. CCHL 2 will be successful just like the CCHL is. Be patient and enjoy the ride. Jason Clarke
I think the BCHL would take issue with this extremely biased statement. And it doesn't cost $5000+++ to play there either.

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Clarke74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
I think the BCHL would take issue with this extremely biased statement. And it doesn't cost $5000+++ to play there either.
Well I would hope so, the BCHL is a very good league.

Your right it does not cost $5000 to play there, nor does it for a lot of the CCHL teams...

But they do pay.....

I have been contacted by several BC teams about how our pay to play model works and even sat down with owners of other western teams at the RBC last year.

Clarke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2015, 02:03 PM
ottawafan66

delete

Last edited by ottawafan66: 05-07-2015 at 05:00 PM.
ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Highstic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke74 View Post
Well I would hope so, the BCHL is a very good league.

Your right it does not cost $5000 to play there, nor does it for a lot of the CCHL teams...

But they do pay.....

I have been contacted by several BC teams about how our pay to play model works and even sat down with owners of other western teams at the RBC last year.
Jason, respectfully I admire your program and the leadership CP brings to the league. The guts you show in not remaining anonymous is admirable, but not surprising. Frankly, at the risk of sounding shallow, if you support and believe in the new system, I'll shut up, sit back and watch and see. I have no horses in the race anymore, so less worked up than some about the changes. As a local fan was just disappointed in the lack of information and communication by the league and it's commissioner. Congratulations to you and your TEAM on winning the National Championship!!

Old
05-08-2015, 07:11 AM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Jason, respectfully I admire your program and the leadership CP brings to the league. The guts you show in not remaining anonymous is admirable, but not surprising. Frankly, at the risk of sounding shallow, if you support and believe in the new system, I'll shut up, sit back and watch and see. I have no horses in the race anymore, so less worked up than some about the changes. As a local fan was just disappointed in the lack of information and communication by the league and it's commissioner. Congratulations to you and your TEAM on winning the National Championship!!
I didn't think it started yet?

BackBringCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2015, 07:38 AM
Highstic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
I didn't think it started yet?
My bad, Fred Page Cup Champions, got a bit ahead of myself. Hopefully good foreshadowing for CP tho.

Old
05-20-2015, 02:15 PM
valleydude

Does anyone have any official info on the final list of teams that are included in the new league, and who each team is affiliates with.

Also, any facts on changes to the age restrictions, both at the 16 and 21 year old level ?

valleydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2015, 11:38 AM
SensHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleydude View Post
Does anyone have any official info on the final list of teams that are included in the new league, and who each team is affiliates with.

Also, any facts on changes to the age restrictions, both at the 16 and 21 year old level ?
6 Teams that are out: Gatineau, Shawville, Almonte, Akwesasne, Gan, Morrisburg.
No affiliations anymore. No other changes. Basically they booted 5 teams for no reason. Almonte wanted out.
No rule changes that would restrict the Quebec teams from joining but regardless they have been "voted" out.

SensHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2015, 12:13 PM
BigBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensHero View Post
6 Teams that are out: Gatineau, Shawville, Almonte, Akwesasne, Gan, Morrisburg.
No affiliations anymore. No other changes. Basically they booted 5 teams for no reason. Almonte wanted out.
No rule changes that would restrict the Quebec teams from joining but regardless they have been "voted" out.
Westport is owned by the Bears owner now, The Tikis are owned by the new Braves owner now. So each CCHL team will have 50 cards to use for their A and B teams, Plus the local players on the U18 team will give them 20 more possible APs...

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2015, 12:48 PM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
Westport is owned by the Bears owner now, The Tikis are owned by the new Braves owner now. So each CCHL team will have 50 cards to use for their A and B teams, Plus the local players on the U18 team will give them 20 more possible APs...
CCHL Teir 1/CCHL Tier 2
Smith Falls/Westport
Brockville/ Brockville
Hawkesbury/Alexandria

It would be great to fill in the blanks.

Last edited by valleydude: 05-23-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Old
05-21-2015, 01:35 PM
SensHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
That's right, those are the only 2 affiliations. Otherwise nothing has changed other than rearranging the conferences a little and balancing out the schedule. I just don't see the point in burying a bunch of other teams for no reason. These minor changes could have occurred without downsizing and forcing 150 kids out of hockey.

SensHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2015, 06:05 PM
EOJHLinsider

Gatineau joined the Junior A of QC. What a comeback for them! I read that the team bought out a MTL team and moved to Gatineau. imagine them at the Fred Page in a couple of years... Good for them, they deserved a team!

EOJHLinsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2015, 08:20 AM
Stittsvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleydude View Post
CCHL Teir 1/CCHL Tier 2
Smith Falls/Westport
Brockville/ Brockville

It would be great to fill in the blanks.
Hawks / Glenns
http://fb.me/40rmQ2zDb

Stittsvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2015, 02:25 PM
BadgerKnight

CCHL2 2015/16 Season Thread

A CCHL2 2015/16 Season Thread[/URL] has been created.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...#post103044829

There might be some that would argue that an EOJHL thread should remain available.

BadgerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2015, 06:48 AM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerknight View Post
a cchl2 2015/16 season thread[/url] has been created.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...#post103044829

there might be some that would argue that an eojhl thread should remain available.
rip eojhl.