HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2014, 04:43 PM
  #976
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister View Post
Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be taking much longer to get through security before the game? I was coming to the game last night from work and it took me almost 15 minutes to get through and I almost missed the start of the game. It also seemed like there were a lot more empty seats at the start of the game than usual. I think it was 2 seasons ago (right after the Boston Marathon bombings?) that they started using the wands and thoroughly screening people but it's been the same ever since. I totally understand why they go through that, I'm just not sure why it seems to be taking 5x as long this season.
Thought the same on Sunday, felt like they were going extra slow on the wands instead of a quick forward, turn around, okay go ahead. Also, last year never took my keys, phone etc... out, and now they made me when the wand went off. I'll have those things out of my pocket next time, just didn't think I would be asked because I never was last year.

17futurecap is offline  
Old
10-15-2014, 06:53 PM
  #977
ChOyBoY
Registered User
 
ChOyBoY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Thought the same on Sunday, felt like they were going extra slow on the wands instead of a quick forward, turn around, okay go ahead. Also, last year never took my keys, phone etc... out, and now they made me when the wand went off. I'll have those things out of my pocket next time, just didn't think I would be asked because I never was last year.
really? i had to take all that stuff out last year too lol. guess you were lucky

ChOyBoY is offline  
Old
10-15-2014, 07:17 PM
  #978
superyan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Thought the same on Sunday, felt like they were going extra slow on the wands instead of a quick forward, turn around, okay go ahead. Also, last year never took my keys, phone etc... out, and now they made me when the wand went off. I'll have those things out of my pocket next time, just didn't think I would be asked because I never was last year.
I also thought the same thing. I figured that I just got there at a bad time, but there were tons of empty seats and the guy that search my bag actually searched every compartment.

superyan is offline  
Old
10-15-2014, 07:50 PM
  #979
niinah
Section 214
 
niinah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: White Plains NY
Country: Finland
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superyan View Post
I also thought the same thing. I figured that I just got there at a bad time, but there were tons of empty seats and the guy that search my bag actually searched every compartment.
Also when searching bags security required taking it completely off your hand/shoulder and handing over to them (never did that before). Same when they used the wand, they took my (small) bag away from me and put it aside, instead of me holding it in my hands.

niinah is offline  
Old
10-15-2014, 08:38 PM
  #980
NYR2007
Registered User
 
NYR2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
the whole security check point is stupid. They search your bag and then you have to wait on a line to be wanded. After they search the bag you can just easily place items such as fire arm/ bottle of water into the bag cause they don't check the bag again .

I'm told that they don't want firearms in the arena... Mainly off Retired police officers, Correction officers, court officers etc

They had an incident with someone in law enforcement and they changed the policy because of that

NYR2007 is offline  
Old
10-15-2014, 10:04 PM
  #981
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister View Post
Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be taking much longer to get through security before the game? I was coming to the game last night from work and it took me almost 15 minutes to get through and I almost missed the start of the game. It also seemed like there were a lot more empty seats at the start of the game than usual. I think it was 2 seasons ago (right after the Boston Marathon bombings?) that they started using the wands and thoroughly screening people but it's been the same ever since. I totally understand why they go through that, I'm just not sure why it seems to be taking 5x as long this season.
It's absurd this year. Obviously they're not going to catch everything, but the guy went through every compartment of my bag. They made me take off my jacket, hat, then everything out of my pockets, while holding my bag. I literally couldn't hold everything so had to hang my bga on the side. Major *****.

I'm all for being safe and stuff like that, but holy overkill batman.

AHB is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 09:15 AM
  #982
Cliffy1814
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
It's absurd this year. Obviously they're not going to catch everything, but the guy went through every compartment of my bag. They made me take off my jacket, hat, then everything out of my pockets, while holding my bag. I literally couldn't hold everything so had to hang my bga on the side. Major *****.

I'm all for being safe and stuff like that, but holy overkill batman.
The side entrance on 33rd st between 7th and 8th never has any line.
Most people don't even know you can enter the arena there.
If you are coming from Penn Station or a bar on 8th ave this is a no brainer.

Cliffy1814 is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 09:27 AM
  #983
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
The side entrance on 33rd st between 7th and 8th never has any line.
Most people don't even know you can enter the arena there.
If you are coming from Penn Station or a bar on 8th ave this is a no brainer.
That's where I enter every game. I love it because of the no lines, but it's still just as bad with the security check.

That being said, the guys over there are usually much more friendly.

AHB is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 10:23 AM
  #984
Garden Mystique
Registered User
 
Garden Mystique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
I need to tickets to game on November 5th vs Detroit. If anyone has some please message me thanks

Garden Mystique is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 10:31 AM
  #985
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden Mystique View Post
I need to tickets to game on November 5th vs Detroit. If anyone has some please message me thanks
Probably be better of posting this in the ticket thread, just fyi.

AHB is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 11:33 AM
  #986
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,204
vCash: 500
I hope no one here is stuck with a single ticket because prices have gone to **** for those tonight.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
10-16-2014, 11:55 AM
  #987
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
The side entrance on 33rd st between 7th and 8th never has any line.
Most people don't even know you can enter the arena there.
If you are coming from Penn Station or a bar on 8th ave this is a no brainer.
usually you're right. tuesday night it was insanely crowded over there.

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 12:02 PM
  #988
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
wow, event level suite tickets are on the market for tonight:
https://www.stubhub.com/?ticket_id=1118216668 (4 x $254)

In the three year history of renovated MSG I have never seen a single ELS ticket for sale on the secondary market for any knicks or rangers game

Once in a blue moon opportunity - I assume the suite owners will have booked a catering package but who knows

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 12:24 PM
  #989
CJCNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
wow, event level suite tickets are on the market for tonight:
https://www.stubhub.com/?ticket_id=1118216668 (4 x $254)

In the three year history of renovated MSG I have never seen a single ELS ticket for sale on the secondary market for any knicks or rangers game

Once in a blue moon opportunity - I assume the suite owners will have booked a catering package but who knows
Noticed this as well, someone bought the row 2, 4 of them. This is just out of my price range otherwise I would absolutely love to try and sit there.

CJCNYR is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 01:07 PM
  #990
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,698
vCash: 500
October is just such a bad market. Doesn't help we're playing horribly.

AHB is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 01:13 PM
  #991
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
October is just such a bad market. Doesn't help we're playing horribly.
Jets vs Patriots is on TV tonight too. Even at the game many/most Madison Club and Gallery row 1 TVs will be set to Thursday night football instead of the NYR feed

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 01:28 PM
  #992
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
usually you're right. tuesday night it was insanely crowded over there.
I went in about 6:15 and it wasn't busy at all.

AHB is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 01:37 PM
  #993
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
I went in about 6:15 and it wasn't busy at all.
last year i usually went in around 6:45 6:50 and i was in my seats 5 minutes later. took a while just to get wanded on tuesday

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 05:27 PM
  #994
negipai98
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
October is just such a bad market. Doesn't help we're playing horribly.
Curious how this year relates to previous years. First time STH here and I knew my seats would be a tough sell (I'm downstairs) but didn't expect this. I ended up selling the Islander game for a huge discount and Carolina is going to be worse. I get that it's October and the team isn't playing well, but I was surprised at how slack the demand was for that Islander game.

Thoughts?

negipai98 is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 05:31 PM
  #995
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by negipai98 View Post
Curious how this year relates to previous years. First time STH here and I knew my seats would be a tough sell (I'm downstairs) but didn't expect this. I ended up selling the Islander game for a huge discount and Carolina is going to be worse. I get that it's October and the team isn't playing well, but I was surprised at how slack the demand was for that Islander game.

Thoughts?
Tough to tell because we really haven't had any October games in recent years. Last time we had a big chunk was pre-renovation and the prices were much cheaper back then. That 9 game December homestand last year was a bloodbath from what I remember. The Nashville, Columbus, and Calgary games all had tickets in the 100's for $40-$60 day of the game.

NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
10-16-2014, 05:39 PM
  #996
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
Secondary market fees are the real killer, you have to generally have to overcome at least a 25% markup. The key is having a network of buyers to bypass those fees.


Last edited by GordonGecko: 10-16-2014 at 05:44 PM.
GordonGecko is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 05:54 PM
  #997
negipai98
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Secondary market fees are the real killer, you have to generally have to overcome at least a 25% markup. The key is having a network of buyers to bypass those fees.
I agree, but when your network of buyers can just look at StubHub and buy tickets for far less than what you'd like to sell them for it becomes a challenge.

negipai98 is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 06:02 PM
  #998
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by negipai98 View Post
I agree, but when your network of buyers can just look at StubHub and buy tickets for far less than what you'd like to sell them for it becomes a challenge.
Well yeah, you can't sell to your people above market or they won't be your people for very long. The idea is you sell below that level where both you and the buyer save on fees and it's a win-win

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 06:05 PM
  #999
negipai98
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Well yeah, you can't sell to your people above market or they won't be your people for very long. The idea is you sell below that level where both you and the buyer save on fees and it's a win-win
Totally agree. Just didn't expect the market to be this depressed.

negipai98 is offline  
Old
10-16-2014, 06:07 PM
  #1000
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
thread at 1000 post limit, continues here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=90986715

GordonGecko is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.