HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2014, 04:43 PM
17futurecap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister View Post
Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be taking much longer to get through security before the game? I was coming to the game last night from work and it took me almost 15 minutes to get through and I almost missed the start of the game. It also seemed like there were a lot more empty seats at the start of the game than usual. I think it was 2 seasons ago (right after the Boston Marathon bombings?) that they started using the wands and thoroughly screening people but it's been the same ever since. I totally understand why they go through that, I'm just not sure why it seems to be taking 5x as long this season.
Thought the same on Sunday, felt like they were going extra slow on the wands instead of a quick forward, turn around, okay go ahead. Also, last year never took my keys, phone etc... out, and now they made me when the wand went off. I'll have those things out of my pocket next time, just didn't think I would be asked because I never was last year.

Old
10-15-2014, 06:53 PM
ChOyBoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Thought the same on Sunday, felt like they were going extra slow on the wands instead of a quick forward, turn around, okay go ahead. Also, last year never took my keys, phone etc... out, and now they made me when the wand went off. I'll have those things out of my pocket next time, just didn't think I would be asked because I never was last year.
really? i had to take all that stuff out last year too lol. guess you were lucky

Old
10-15-2014, 07:17 PM
superyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
I also thought the same thing. I figured that I just got there at a bad time, but there were tons of empty seats and the guy that search my bag actually searched every compartment.

Old
10-15-2014, 07:50 PM
niinah
Section 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyan View Post
I also thought the same thing. I figured that I just got there at a bad time, but there were tons of empty seats and the guy that search my bag actually searched every compartment.
Also when searching bags security required taking it completely off your hand/shoulder and handing over to them (never did that before). Same when they used the wand, they took my (small) bag away from me and put it aside, instead of me holding it in my hands.

Old
10-15-2014, 08:38 PM
NYR2007

the whole security check point is stupid. They search your bag and then you have to wait on a line to be wanded. After they search the bag you can just easily place items such as fire arm/ bottle of water into the bag cause they don't check the bag again .

I'm told that they don't want firearms in the arena... Mainly off Retired police officers, Correction officers, court officers etc

They had an incident with someone in law enforcement and they changed the policy because of that

Old
10-15-2014, 10:04 PM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister View Post
Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be taking much longer to get through security before the game? I was coming to the game last night from work and it took me almost 15 minutes to get through and I almost missed the start of the game. It also seemed like there were a lot more empty seats at the start of the game than usual. I think it was 2 seasons ago (right after the Boston Marathon bombings?) that they started using the wands and thoroughly screening people but it's been the same ever since. I totally understand why they go through that, I'm just not sure why it seems to be taking 5x as long this season.
It's absurd this year. Obviously they're not going to catch everything, but the guy went through every compartment of my bag. They made me take off my jacket, hat, then everything out of my pockets, while holding my bag. I literally couldn't hold everything so had to hang my bga on the side. Major *****.

I'm all for being safe and stuff like that, but holy overkill batman.

Old
10-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
It's absurd this year. Obviously they're not going to catch everything, but the guy went through every compartment of my bag. They made me take off my jacket, hat, then everything out of my pockets, while holding my bag. I literally couldn't hold everything so had to hang my bga on the side. Major *****.

I'm all for being safe and stuff like that, but holy overkill batman.
The side entrance on 33rd st between 7th and 8th never has any line.
Most people don't even know you can enter the arena there.
If you are coming from Penn Station or a bar on 8th ave this is a no brainer.

Old
10-16-2014, 09:27 AM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
That's where I enter every game. I love it because of the no lines, but it's still just as bad with the security check.

That being said, the guys over there are usually much more friendly.

Old
10-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Garden Mystique

I need to tickets to game on November 5th vs Detroit. If anyone has some please message me thanks

Old
10-16-2014, 10:31 AM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden Mystique View Post
I need to tickets to game on November 5th vs Detroit. If anyone has some please message me thanks
Probably be better of posting this in the ticket thread, just fyi.

Old
10-16-2014, 11:33 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

I hope no one here is stuck with a single ticket because prices have gone to **** for those tonight.

10-16-2014, 11:55 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
usually you're right. tuesday night it was insanely crowded over there.

Old
10-16-2014, 12:02 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
wow, event level suite tickets are on the market for tonight:
https://www.stubhub.com/?ticket_id=1118216668 (4 x $254)

In the three year history of renovated MSG I have never seen a single ELS ticket for sale on the secondary market for any knicks or rangers game

Once in a blue moon opportunity - I assume the suite owners will have booked a catering package but who knows

Old
10-16-2014, 12:24 PM
CJCNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
wow, event level suite tickets are on the market for tonight:
https://www.stubhub.com/?ticket_id=1118216668 (4 x $254)

In the three year history of renovated MSG I have never seen a single ELS ticket for sale on the secondary market for any knicks or rangers game

Once in a blue moon opportunity - I assume the suite owners will have booked a catering package but who knows
Noticed this as well, someone bought the row 2, 4 of them. This is just out of my price range otherwise I would absolutely love to try and sit there.

Old
10-16-2014, 01:07 PM
AHB

October is just such a bad market. Doesn't help we're playing horribly.

Old
10-16-2014, 01:13 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Jets vs Patriots is on TV tonight too. Even at the game many/most Madison Club and Gallery row 1 TVs will be set to Thursday night football instead of the NYR feed

Old
10-16-2014, 01:28 PM
AHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
usually you're right. tuesday night it was insanely crowded over there.
I went in about 6:15 and it wasn't busy at all.

Old
10-16-2014, 01:37 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
I went in about 6:15 and it wasn't busy at all.
last year i usually went in around 6:45 6:50 and i was in my seats 5 minutes later. took a while just to get wanded on tuesday

Old
10-16-2014, 05:27 PM
negipai98

Quote:
Curious how this year relates to previous years. First time STH here and I knew my seats would be a tough sell (I'm downstairs) but didn't expect this. I ended up selling the Islander game for a huge discount and Carolina is going to be worse. I get that it's October and the team isn't playing well, but I was surprised at how slack the demand was for that Islander game.

Thoughts?

Old
10-16-2014, 05:31 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by negipai98 View Post
Curious how this year relates to previous years. First time STH here and I knew my seats would be a tough sell (I'm downstairs) but didn't expect this. I ended up selling the Islander game for a huge discount and Carolina is going to be worse. I get that it's October and the team isn't playing well, but I was surprised at how slack the demand was for that Islander game.

Thoughts?
Tough to tell because we really haven't had any October games in recent years. Last time we had a big chunk was pre-renovation and the prices were much cheaper back then. That 9 game December homestand last year was a bloodbath from what I remember. The Nashville, Columbus, and Calgary games all had tickets in the 100's for $40-$60 day of the game.

Old
10-16-2014, 05:39 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Secondary market fees are the real killer, you have to generally have to overcome at least a 25% markup. The key is having a network of buyers to bypass those fees.

Last edited by GordonGecko: 10-16-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old
10-16-2014, 05:54 PM
negipai98

Quote:
Secondary market fees are the real killer, you have to generally have to overcome at least a 25% markup. The key is having a network of buyers to bypass those fees.
I agree, but when your network of buyers can just look at StubHub and buy tickets for far less than what you'd like to sell them for it becomes a challenge.

Old
10-16-2014, 06:02 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by negipai98 View Post
I agree, but when your network of buyers can just look at StubHub and buy tickets for far less than what you'd like to sell them for it becomes a challenge.
Well yeah, you can't sell to your people above market or they won't be your people for very long. The idea is you sell below that level where both you and the buyer save on fees and it's a win-win

Old
10-16-2014, 06:05 PM
negipai98

Quote:
Well yeah, you can't sell to your people above market or they won't be your people for very long. The idea is you sell below that level where both you and the buyer save on fees and it's a win-win
Totally agree. Just didn't expect the market to be this depressed.

Old
10-16-2014, 06:07 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

thread at 1000 post limit, continues here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=90986715

Closed Thread