HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Management and Ownership Discussion Part 38: The Saga Sags On.

Old
Yesterday, 12:51 PM
Jyrki21
WHA Executive

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictional Realism View Post
Obvious Weisbrod hire is ... obvious.

Here's from the Flames presser on on Volek:

The professional side of the scouting department consists of Steve Leach, Michel Goulet and Steve Pleau who will operate in North America while David Volek will cover Europe. Each will report directly to John Weisbrod.

Keep up the stellar pro-scouting work, Weisbrod. If we make one management change, I hope it's getting rid of him.
David Volek will always be OK in my books for this heroic moment alone:

Remember, that's also the Isles playing without 132-point man Pierre Turgeon because of Dale Hunter's cheap-shot, and the Penguins had basically been handed the Cup from about November onward.

Travis Green was a rookie on that team, too, although he wasn't dressed for that game.

Yesterday, 01:45 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by arttk View Post
Not sure what Weisbrod has to do with Gaudreau.
Oops, sorry wrong year.

King In The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 03:57 PM
Max Kellerman
dim jim

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonance View Post
Yep. Coming out of that 2013-14 season we were in a decent position to retool but we absolutely had to nail the Kesler trade and had to nail the #6 overall pick.

Instead we blew both in the worst way possible. Who knows what will ultimately happen with Virtanen but right now we basically have nothing to show for either. A pile of players we could give away for free and be better off.
Yup, like I posted in the armchair GM thread if Vancouver had drafted the guys I wanted at the time (post history confirms it) and got a decent deal for Kesler they walk out of the 2014 draft with these assets

Ehlers
Barbashev
Point
Demko
Theodore (Kesler trade)
Forsling
Perrault (Kesler trade)

instead they are left with this

Virtanen
Demko
Gudbranson
Sutter
Sbisa

This is also while trading away an early and late 2nd round pick to get these guys.

It's just absolutely disgusting.

Max Kellerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 04:40 PM
Pastor Of Muppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intangibos View Post
Many people wanted AV fired, and even good coaches at times have to go. I'm not completely sold on AV as a developmental coach anyway.

Regardless, even if Gallagher was wrong then, it doesn't mean he's wrong now. I'm sure the things you post you probably think are spot on, but I bet you too made a few bad calls in the past. I don't even like Gallagher as a sports guy, not a fan at all, but I'm not so foolish to think that he'll never be right on the money from time to time.
I've been wrong many times....The issue I have with Tony G,is his agenda...Everybody knew when the Canucks lost to SJS in 2013,that it was time for AV to go ..Tony G was on AV's case almost from the get-go,and listening to his 'armchair coaching' on the radio trying to explain how 'clueless' AV was,was beyond pathetic...A fact that was punctuated by the fact that AV went on to have success with the NYR.

Tonys new stance is Travis Green is a' bad hire' because never developed any of the has beens,journeymen and never will be's in Utica...It certainly not the message I'm hearing from Demko,Baertschi,Markstrom and Virtanen.

Pastor Of Muppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 05:02 PM
Hit the post

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Of Muppets View Post
Tonys new stance is Travis Green is a' bad hire' because never developed any of the has beens,journeymen and never will be's in Utica...It certainly not the message I'm hearing from Demko,Baertschi,Markstrom and Virtanen.
I'd give credit to half those guys you listed to our goalie coaches. Virtanen is still a 'work in process'.

Hit the post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 06:20 PM
me2
Callng out the crap

vCash: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit the post View Post
I'd give credit to half those guys you listed to our goalie coaches. Virtanen is still a 'work in process'.
It was bad list.

Virtanen flopped.

Two goalies=goalie coaches

Baertschi barely played for Green.

Not saying Green is a bad coach but that list is dud.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 06:41 PM
Pastor Of Muppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
It was bad list.

Virtanen flopped.

Two goalies=goalie coaches

Baertschi barely played for Green.

Not saying Green is a bad coach but that list is dud.
I'm just going by the positive quotes all of those players have made about coach Green...

Green was Baertschis coach in Portland,..and I'm betting that Green gave a full endorsement on the Baertschi trade.

Tony G Has doubts on Greens ability to develop players,mainly because he believes he failed at turning players like Grenier,Jensen and Shinkaruk into NHL regulars..

I'm speculating here,but I don't think Green was ever impressed by Shinkaruk.

Pastor Of Muppets is offline   Reply With Quote