HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Building Thread DCLXVIII:

Old
Today, 01:12 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Hascak is also on the Bruins,Kings and Rangers career path. Eloranta is a former Bruins player. First year as a Rangers scout. The Rangers needed a full-time scout in Finland. Kallur is a Swede. Former Islander. He was a good role player on their Cup teams. First it was pronounced Kall-er and then Kall-our. Bobrov probably knows all of heads of the KHL teams and player agents.
In 81' Kallur got twin girls. He has good genes, had they been boys Sweden would probably had two great twin pairs in hockey (Sedins and Kallurs).

His girls became runners instead, both were world class, Sanna was the best 100m hurdles runner in the world for a few years, and won the diamond league.

Think Kallur is a solid addition, hard worker. Think his best pick ever is Chara, could that he right? Someone like that. I have a vague memory of Kallur saying that Chara reminded him a bit of Kjell Samuelsson, hope he could develop a lot late like him.

Mikko Eloranta is a good add too. Hard worker. Well connected, played a bit all over if I remember correctly. Important with that perspective.

Last edited by Ola: Today at 01:29 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 06:26 PM
Leetch3

can we trade picks to vegas to get them to take multiple players from our team?

Leetch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 06:56 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I really hope that Hayes and Miller are battling through injuries. What's their excuse otherwise? Miller has simply generated nothing positive on offense. What's Hayes' excuse for shooting into Andersen's logo on a breakway in ****ing overtime?

I wouldn't mind a significant reconstruction of this team's core this summer.

Today, 06:58 PM
Krams
Banned User

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I really hope that Hayes and Miller are battling through injuries. What's their excuse otherwise? Miller has simply generated nothing positive on offense. What's Hayes' excuse for shooting into Andersen's logo on a breakway in ****ing overtime?

I wouldn't mind a significant reconstruction of this team's core this summer.
For all the justified negatively surrounding the team right now, I take solace in the fact that I trust Gorton to make the right moves. He's watching these playoffs too and if there's a legitimate market for those guys and we get back some good value, he's probably going to be all over it.

Today, 07:02 PM
Inferno

vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krams View Post
For all the justified negatively surrounding the team right now, I take solace in the fact that I trust Gorton to make the right moves. He's watching these playoffs too and if there's a legitimate market for those guys and we get back some good value, he's probably going to be all over it.
He gave av an extension......I don't trust Gorton whatsoever.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 07:03 PM
Krams
Banned User

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Certainly disagree with that decision but when it comes to the on-ice personnel he's been great IMO

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 07:10 PM
Inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krams View Post
Certainly disagree with that decision but when it comes to the on-ice personnel he's been great IMO
Tanner glass was recalled.

Eff Gorton.

Old
Today, 07:11 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
I think there's more to it in terms of a future relationship between NYR and Drury. ....
No ?, there is a visible path:
Slats retires
JG kicks himself upstairs and assists---
Drury then starts with GM, supervised, and gets to earn it outright

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 07:32 PM
THE BIG WHISTLE
Heave-Ho

Quote:
Quote:
Tanner glass was recalled.

Eff Gorton.
That's really dumb logic to use. AV will be gone i absolutely guarantee that. Unless Gorton makes major offseason moves and gives him a chance with a new roster.

THE BIG WHISTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 07:58 PM
Inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG WHISTLE View Post
That's really dumb logic to use. AV will be gone i absolutely guarantee that. Unless Gorton makes major offseason moves and gives him a chance with a new roster.
Av will be gone..100%? Seriously? 100 percent?

You seriously think 100 percent they fire a coach they just reupped for 3 more years?

Old
Today, 08:04 PM
DanielBrassard

Quote:
I agree. I don't see him changing the D that much.

DanielBrassard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 08:20 PM
Ail
Kidmograph tho.

I thought Gordo did a good job last off-season with the forwards, but he has let some questionable **** go on here regarding AV and the defense. My level of trust in him is slipping rapidly. This off-season will say a lot.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 08:26 PM
LeetchisGod
Won't win with AV

I'd rather overpay for Trouba than sign Shattenkirk. He's looked bad every time that I watched the Caps.

LeetchisGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 08:41 PM
Berserk

The number 1 need for this team is to get rid of the coach. Until that happens it won't even matter what players we get. Need this guy way gone, and yesterday.

Berserk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 09:09 PM
Overcast

vCash: 1740
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG WHISTLE View Post
Based on what? Because he rides veteran players, a thing that apparently every coach does and is regarded as the "right thing to do" or if not the right thing, the "understandable" thing to do? AV is going to be here all of next year regardless what happens this season despite the fact that our playoffs have gone worse and worse each year. He will be given next season to work with a presumably new defense which he will undoubtedly deploy in some ****ed up manner and use everyone solely based on who has played in the league longer. Everything will look exactly the same and he will be given a pass by management because it's a new defense. That alone will buy him the following season, the 2nd year of his contract. If the team still looks like garbage in the 3rd season, he'll be gone in November. But there's no chance AV is gone before next season or at any point mid-season. A sad reality we have to come to grips with. Really not sure how much I trust Gorton yet. His only job this off-season is to fix the defense.

Overcast is online now   Reply With Quote