Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2016, 02:12 AM
Kalv
GDT record: 8-3-1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX85 View Post
It looks so depressing when I see it laid out like this. But yeah, our Stanley Cup hopes in the near future are looking bleak.
Did you realise it only now?

Old
07-27-2016, 09:35 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogsbreakaway View Post
Wonder which scenario #47 is more valuble, if they do trade him (you never know....).

Him signed @ something like 5.5 over 5 years, or unsigned as a RFA?

Fowler is still here and Batanen just resigned.

We can't keep all three of them since we'll have to leave one off the list of protected players at the expansion....right?

Or perhaps not.

Getty
Perry
Ricky
Vatanen
Fowler
Bieksa (NVC)
Kesler
Gibson

That's 8+1

That leaves Silfverberg, Cogliano, Despres and Manson open....Ritchie too?
- Ritchie is exempt

- There's no way they will let Bieksa and the 1 yr remaining on his deal eat up a protection slot at the expense of a young core player. I'm confident he will waive his NMC to be left unprotected if he's told option B is a buyout, especially if Murray agrees to honor the clause after he goes unselected.

- keeping Fowler this off season doesn't mean you can't trade him before the expansion draft. Move him for a forward at the end of the season

Protect 7 F - Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Silfverberg, Rakell, Cogliano, (Fowler trade)

3 D - Lindholm, Vatanen, Manson

+ Gibson

Old
07-27-2016, 01:29 PM
91Fedorov

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
- Ritchie is exempt

- There's no way they will let Bieksa and the 1 yr remaining on his deal eat up a protection slot at the expense of a young core player. I'm confident he will waive his NMC to be left unprotected if he's told option B is a buyout, especially if Murray agrees to honor the clause after he goes unselected.

- keeping Fowler this off season doesn't mean you can't trade him before the expansion draft. Move him for a forward at the end of the season

Protect 7 F - Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Silfverberg, Rakell, Cogliano, (Fowler trade)

3 D - Lindholm, Vatanen, Manson

+ Gibson
Yeah I agree here. I very much doubt Bieksa will take up a protection slot when we could just buy him out. We also have all season to trade Fowler and to see whether Manson or Despres looks more worth protecting.

I do have a question though. Do we know yet if Montour will have to be protected?

Old
07-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Johnny Caravella
The Doctor is in!

Pondering the Bieksa situation on a sweltering summer day...

Short of Bob having some misguided loyalty (never rule that out) to a guy who has been here one year and has not contributed to any history of the team, Bieksa will waive his NMC. If he doesn't waive and gets bought out, he will collect appx 2.66M (over the next two years) and become a ufa. He might well sign for enough money somewhere to actually end up with a small raise next year. But unless the Kings are interested, he will have to leave the area to get that money. Supposedly, not what he wants to do. OTOH, if he waives, he more than likely doesn't get picked and even if he does, he gets a raise (Nevada has no state income tax) and he is closer to home (4 hours by car) than anywhere he could sign other than LA.

Seems to me, thems the facts. I predict Bieksa waives.

Old
07-27-2016, 03:37 PM
Tecumseh
Scorched Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Pondering the Bieksa situation on a sweltering summer day...

Short of Bob having some misguided loyalty (never rule that out) to a guy who has been here one year and has not contributed to any history of the team, Bieksa will waive his NMC. If he doesn't waive and gets bought out, he will collect appx 2.66M (over the next two years) and become a ufa. He might well sign for enough money somewhere to actually end up with a small raise next year. But unless the Kings are interested, he will have to leave the area to get that money. Supposedly, not what he wants to do. OTOH, if he waives, he more than likely doesn't get picked and even if he does, he gets a raise (Nevada has no state income tax) and he is closer to home (4 hours by car) than anywhere he could sign other than LA.

Seems to me, thems the facts. I predict Bieksa waives.
He had that same kind of loyalty towards Bryan Allen, I remember. They refused to send him down and put him through waivers so we had to trade for Bourque just to get rid of him.

Old
07-27-2016, 03:48 PM
Johnny Caravella
The Doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
He had that same kind of loyalty towards Bryan Allen, I remember. They refused to send him down and put him through waivers so we had to trade for Bourque just to get rid of him.
Yeah, well, that's why I had to add the disclaimer.

Old
07-27-2016, 05:39 PM
caliamad

For some reason though cogliano was ufa after this year?

I really hate how they dictate 3 defenseman, it would be much easier for us of it was 10 skaters and 1 goalie.

Old
07-27-2016, 05:56 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
For some reason though cogliano was ufa after this year?

I really hate how they dictate 3 defenseman, it would be much easier for us of it was 10 skaters and 1 goalie.
That's kind of the point. The league is trying to give the expansion team a better start than past ones. They probably don't want it to take a decade for the team to become even somewhat competitive. It's still going to be a pretty crappy team to start, but it should be a step up from past expansion teams.

The good news is that every team is going to be impacted by these rules. Every team will need to expose some good players, and the way the rules are set up, defensemen are probably going to be an easier position to fill than forwards. Not just for the obvious numerical reasons, but in terms of skill.

07-27-2016, 07:53 PM
KelVarnsen
Line combos anyone?

Expansion question: can each team only lose player? So if we don't protect say Cogs, and he gets picked, we can't lose Manson or anyone else as well?

Old
07-27-2016, 07:55 PM
PhoenyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Expansion question: can each team only lose player? So if we don't protect say Cogs, and he gets picked, we can't lose Manson or anyone else as well?
I believe that is the case. Each team can only lose 1 player.

Old
07-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 250
Right. 1 player, and LV has to choose a player from every team.

Old
07-27-2016, 11:31 PM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

Time for a new one

New thread here

Last edited by Ducks DVM: 07-27-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Closed Thread