Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Summer 2013 Transfer Rumors and Moves The Third

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Evilo

vCash: 500
Weird I see Llorente as a complete flop, failing to make any impact with Juve especially since they signed Tevez just in case...

Old
07-21-2013, 11:02 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Weird I see Llorente as a complete flop, failing to make any impact with Juve especially since they signed Tevez just in case...
The next Bendtner???

On another note, wtf is up with Arsenal and Barcelona and their lack of CB depth? Apparently Koscielny has an ankle problem now.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:37 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Chadli, nice signing for Spurs. Now get us a striker, Levy.

07-21-2013, 01:06 PM
cgf

Gotta figure Llorente and Tevez will play up top together quite a bit, with Giovinco and Vucinic rotating with Tevez, and Vucinic and Matri rotating in with Llorente. I do think Llorente will do well in Serie A's slower style of play. And with that Juve machine feeding him he should score a lot of goals the way Gomez did for Bayern in seasons' past.

Old
07-21-2013, 01:27 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Gotta figure Llorente and Tevez will play up top together quite a bit, with Giovinco and Vucinic rotating with Tevez, and Vucinic and Matri rotating in with Llorente. I do think Llorente will do well in Serie A's slower style of play. And with that Juve machine feeding him he should score a lot of goals the way Gomez did for Bayern in seasons' past.
I agree. Also rumors in Italy are that Camilo Zuniga is getting a lot of hate from Napoli fans since he won't extend his contract there and supposedly he has an agreement to join Juventus in 2014. This might speed up the process of a transfer which in turn well most likely let Juve finally sell Mauricio Isla to Inter.

Old
07-21-2013, 01:35 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Quote:
What can I argue? I told you I've been working with football kids for almost 20 years. Many of them come from the parisian area. I've been there so many times.
What are YOUR arguments backed up by anything?
I just gave you the fact that Paris's "biggest" club by far was founded only in 1970, only a good 60-80 years after all the other notable clubs in Europe. I gave you the fact that Parisian football has not been successul and in fact outdone by much smaller cities in France. Where was PSG when the Arabs turned up? A national and international irrelevance again!

I've been to France/Paris more than once, my missus lived in France/Paris, I work with French people on a daily basis. Paris dominates France in every aspect, economically, politically, administratively. So with all that muscle and money they haven't managed to establish a club capable of dominating the competition or even competing at the very top - unless funded by a super-rich sugar daddy who could do the same even for the smallest and least supported of clubs (case in point: Monaco).

What you fail to do is to understand that a passionate fanbase or even footballing kids who like PSG aren't evidence of a particular passion or support level but quite frankly the *normal* thing given that there are so many people in Paris. What I'm telling you is that given there are so many people in Paris and Paris is such a dominant city that it should be a *lot* more for it to stand a comparison to Barcelona, Dortmund or Manchester as far as being a "football city" is concerned. Only un fou would dare to claim Paris is at the level of such football metropolises.

Old
07-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Evilo

So England has no football fans because their national team is a failure.
I love your logic !

Old
07-21-2013, 01:57 PM
adorno
%!&

Quote:
I love your logic !
Except he didn't even make that argument?

Old
07-21-2013, 02:15 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Guys stop arguing or I will have to ban you

Oh wait I'm not a moderator

Go on

Old
07-21-2013, 02:30 PM
villevalo

Quote:
I love your logic !
He isn't making that argument.

Old
07-21-2013, 02:30 PM
BritSabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Chadli, nice signing for Spurs. Now get us a striker, Levy.
If they can find a 20 goal striker, I can honestly see spurs challenging for the title this year. They have incredible talent there. Bale is obviously a big part of that, but if he can go all year and they can find that consistency they will be a force.

Old
07-21-2013, 02:39 PM
ZeroPT
Nos sumus in futurum

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritSabre View Post
If they can find a 20 goal striker, I can honestly see spurs challenging for the title this year. They have incredible talent there. Bale is obviously a big part of that, but if he can go all year and they can find that consistency they will be a force.
TBH, there aren't many 20 goal strikers available, I would think they would like him to be somewhat young (younger than 28) and have some experience in the CL. The only names that come up to mind are Soldado and Higuain (who are rumored to be available)

Old
07-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Spurs are a long way from challenging for the title. I'd cite overdependence on one player and their defensive record as reasons why they won't.

Old
07-21-2013, 03:01 PM
ZeroPT
Nos sumus in futurum

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Spurs are a long way from challenging for the title. I'd cite overdependence on one player and their defensive record as reasons why they won't.
Agreed, however if they add a good striker and another versatile defender like vertoghen who can play multiple positions across the back (aldewiereld,N'koulou and Mangala come to mind) they will be favorites for that 4th spot, and will compete for the title sooner rather than later.

Old
07-21-2013, 03:28 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Spurs were 8th in goals allowed, but only 3 behind ManU. They only allowed 10 goals their last 9 matches and will get Kaboul back who missed all of last year.

Their defense will be fine this year. They need to score 10-15 more goals to contend for 1st.

Old
07-21-2013, 03:44 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Napoli have agreed a fee of €37m (32m) with Real Madrid for striker Gonzalo Higuain according to reports in Italy but the deal is still far from done.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/s...185157461.html

Old
07-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Brodie
watcher on the walls

Quote:
I love your logic !
Just answer this question: how is it that the largest and wealthiest (by a mile) city in France (and at or near the top in Europe) had so little success or tradition before big money showed up?

Old
07-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Brodie
watcher on the walls

naples be crazy

Old
07-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Paris not being a big football city is shown by the fact that PSG doesn't have a local rival. Since the early 90's PSG has often had big money, this isn't a really recent phenomenon. Even Moscow has more clubs in their league than Paris which I find odd.

Now that being said, what this started over was a talk about PSG's spending. And during that post the person said their spending was crazy. So I don't understand why that has turned into this. Another of the comments was that they have spent their money better than Chelsea and City too, rather than building a side that plays anti-football against decent competition, they've signed a bunch of young attacking players with flair. And that's true.

Old
07-21-2013, 04:29 PM
HajdukSplit

Crystal Palace are interested in Croatian defender Gordon Schildenfeld who is still without a contract. Have no clue whats going on with his club career, can’t seem to stay at one club for more than 12-18 months. He had a very good Euro 2012 but didn’t seem to capitalize on that rather than going to a club which would pay him the most (well can’t blame him )

Old
07-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorno View Post
Except he didn't even make that argument?
Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post
He isn't making that argument.
Yes he is. He's saying PSG is not well supported because they don't have a successful history.

Hence the England comparison.

Old
07-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Just answer this question: how is it that the largest and wealthiest (by a mile) city in France (and at or near the top in Europe) had so little success or tradition before big money showed up?
Nothing to do with support.
It has to do with bad choices (I'll just give two examples : poor scouting that makes you miss on obvious talents on your youth teams and trying to buy a team with former PSG youngsters that succeeded elsewhere and came back to party in Paris with the Anelka generation).

Quote:
Paris not being a big football city is shown by the fact that PSG doesn't have a local rival. Since the early 90's PSG has often had big money, this isn't a really recent phenomenon. Even Moscow has more clubs in their league than Paris which I find odd.
That's not true. That's using other league's mentality and putting it on french football.
French football is very linked with city identity. There's always one single big club per town (also has to do with stadium public fundings BTW).
I don't think anyone can honestly say Marseille isn't a big football city right? Well they don't have one big club. It's the same everywhere here really. It has nothing to do with support.

PSG before the Qataris won a european cup and lost another final. Let's not pretend they never had success before.

Old
07-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Rodgers is taking a stand on the Suarez matter and telling him he will not be allowed to leave the club at any price. His reasoning is that Suarez has a debt to the club and supporters for standing by him which needs to be repaid. Really like Rodgers. It doesn't mean Suarez won't be sold, but I like his stance. Puts the ball in Suarez court to completely burn bridges if he wants a move.

Quote:
That's not true. That's using other league's mentality and putting it on french football.
French football is very linked with city identity. There's always one single big club per town (also has to do with stadium public fundings BTW).
I don't think anyone can honestly say Marseille isn't a big football city right? Well they don't have one big club. It's the same everywhere here really. It has nothing to do with support.

PSG before the Qataris won a european cup and lost another final. Let's not pretend they never had success before.
Those are good points, I just find it a little odd that even considering the one team per city philosophy in French football that there wouldn't be a few teams in the capital, because it's the capital. Germany has a similar approach to their football but has multiple teams in both Munich and Berlin.

Oh I know PSG have had success before the real big money arrived. They spent a lot of money on Okocha, had players like Weah, Djorkaeff, Ginola, Ronaldinho and Pauleta, and had some good seasons. So it isn't like they've never had good teams before.

Old
07-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Evilo

Yeah that last point was directed to the poster who was saying PSG was nowhere on the map before the qataris.

Old
07-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Suarez doesn't care about burning bridges (though he did like going back to Ajax post move) but he really will have to make himself the goat to LFC supporters to get his move.

Closed Thread