HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Feet killing me

Old
08-03-2014, 09:17 AM
mustang1967

vCash: 500
Feet killing me

I'm 40 years old and quit playing hockey 2 years ago as the foot pain was killing me . In the two years I went from 330 lbs to 270'and I am 6'4. About 3 years ago I had custom skates made that where to help my feet , in running shoes I am a13 eeee and have flat feet but when they did my skates they said they couldn't go bigger than 3E . The real problem is my low arches. I can't find any that are wide enough. If I get orthotics then only go about half way down the boot and I have a couple hammer toes and they rub on the top,of the boot so I need a foll cushion insole. I want to start playing again but the pain was horrible . I have also had them stretched

Sorry they skates the recommended were Bauer flex light 4.0 pro I have also used superfeet insoles and they did nothing .

Ps I am in ottawa

mustang1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2014, 11:54 AM
mustang1967

Found a place that will do Graf head moulded insoles. They are expensive $150 and the width says 2e width and for flat feet. Anyone have any experience with these . Super feet didn't help

Old
08-06-2014, 06:55 PM
LarryO

I've had Graf heat-molded insoles for a few years and they are totally worth the price for me. I have relatively flat feet, and what little arch I have is farther from the heel than the average foot. So superfeet didn't work for me.

Did you have the orthotics trimmed by the podiatrist to specifically fit the skate? If you just tried to fit your shoe orthotics in the skates, it's understandable that they wouldn't properly fit in the skates.

BTW, the Graf heat molded insoles have hardly any cushioning, but since they take the shape of your feet, the sole is supported pretty evenly all over negating the need for cushioning.

LarryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Teravainen
LoveYouRyanNash

Whatever skates you decide to get make sure you have them baked to mold to your feet!!

Old username: LoveYouRyanNash and DontTazMeBro
GO HAWKS!
Teravainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 07:05 PM
LarryO

And it's weird that they wouldn't be able to go as wide as you need in a custom skate. If you can afford to buy another pair of skates, I'm sure VH Hockey would be able to build you a custom skate exactly as you need it to be with no limit on width. That's what I wear and I've never had a better fitting skate.

LarryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 08:31 AM
mustang1967

I got the Graf insoles and will try them out this weekend at public skating if I can find a time. I am still worried as my feet are so wide and I am still really heavy.

I asked about custom skates and they said the do them in 4eeee now but they want $999 plus tax . Plus if I play once a week how long will it take to break them in

Old
08-08-2014, 09:25 AM
PS12

Vh is 899 cad. So you will pay less in usd.

And it will be to your exact specifications.

PS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 10:40 AM
mustang1967

yes but I think they are out west and I am in Ottawa. I don't want to trace my feet on paper but if that's what it comes to I will certainly contact them. When they did my feet last time it took them over an hour to measure and do everything the only problem was at the time they didn't do 4E they only did 3E. And I made a mistake it was 4 years ago I bought them not 3

Old
08-08-2014, 05:53 PM
windycity

This is not the same issue but I've used the same skates for 4 years and I'm suddenly developing a pressure sore about 2" above my left ankle (outside side of boot). Can't figure out what's causing it as padding looks fine (maybe a slightly worn down). It's stating to callous up so not bugging me too bad but it is weird.

Anyone have any ideas or something similar happen?

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 11:23 PM
mustang1967

Took my daughter public skating tonight ascshe has tryouts next week and new skates. As for me I was good for about 20 minutes then feet started getting sore but not killing me sore but still sore. Now my skates aren't totally broken in and haven't been on skates in a few years . I think the problem is the width as the skates hurt on the insides where the arch support should be . My skates are 3E and if you look at the bottom of the skate where all the pressure is the area is very thin so I don't know if anything will work . Getting dejected