HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Fitness and Training
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Fitness and Training General fitness, exercise, training methods, injury rehab, diet and nutrition

The Official Nutrition Thread - Tips, Recommendations, Current Diets

Old
07-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Suiteness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baetista View Post
I am looking to start working out to gain muscle as I am skinny - I have a crazy fast metabolism, so I can eat like crap and not gain anything.

What foods/meal plans should I target the most? I don't want to put in the dedication of working out if I am not eating the proper foods to help me achieve my goal of gaining muscle mass.

Simple meals such as chicken breast and than vegetables as sides kind of thing? If there is a thread better suited for this then I'd love to be redirected there so I can get some knowledge on what I should eat and do to help me.

I am 22 years old so just need simple meal plans that don't necessarily cost a lot.
Protein, protein, protein and protein.

Chicken breast are cheap and full of them. Eats eggs like there's no tomorrow. Cottage cheese, greek yogout, canned tuna.

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 02:27 PM
Art of Sedinery

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post

Chicken breast are cheap and full of them. Eats eggs like there's no tomorrow. Cottage cheese, greek yogout, canned tuna.
Not in my part of the world.

Art of Sedinery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 08:05 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

Buy the frozen packs

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post

As someone who used to be in that poster's position, and was trying to get out of it for a long time... Calories are more important than protein. (I do eat a ton of protein tho, but the differences really started to come with the calories)

I know that guy posted awhile ago but calorie counting and eating a ton is the way to go, along with a good gym plan.

I had trouble eating 3500-4000 cals a day until I found this one method online, and it's been a godsend.

6 meals a day, between 500-700 cals each. Might take a bit for your body to get used to it but once it does it's a breeze. That plan I found online was a healthy bulk but I've been straight dirty bulking, eating whatever as long as it fits in those calorie parameters.

You might not have the time to do that so research some other bulking methods until you find one that's do-able.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2017, 03:38 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art of Sedinery View Post
Not in my part of the world.
Load up on cheap fish like Cod & Sardines

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 12:11 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Load up on cheap fish like Cod & Sardines
I buy bulk of whatever is on sale at one of the 3 nearby stores I go to. Then I figure out what to make/how to cook it later.

Old
07-17-2017, 02:09 AM
Wood Stick

Quote:
I buy bulk of whatever is on sale at one of the 3 nearby stores I go to. Then I figure out what to make/how to cook it later.
Pretty much. I live off of extra lean ground beef/chicken breasts/lean ground turkey for the most part. Stock up on the cheapest one.

Wood Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2017, 11:14 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Stick View Post
Pretty much. I live off of extra lean ground beef/chicken breasts/lean ground turkey for the most part. Stock up on the cheapest one.
Sometimes a decent cut of steak is on sale, or back ribs, or good bone-in pork chops. Just gotta to know where/when to look. Chicken Thighs are the best though for poultry, so juicy and BBQ up so well with a quick marinade.

Quick note on ground meat, the leaner it is, the more expensive it is. I am not concerned with fat content at all, so a lb of regular ground beef or "regular" lean is a more affordable option.

Old
07-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Wood Stick

Quote:
Sometimes a decent cut of steak is on sale, or back ribs, or good bone-in pork chops. Just gotta to know where/when to look. Chicken Thighs are the best though for poultry, so juicy and BBQ up so well with a quick marinade.

Quick note on ground meat, the leaner it is, the more expensive it is. I am not concerned with fat content at all, so a lb of regular ground beef or "regular" lean is a more affordable option.
It varies. I think the cheapest right now at my store for this week is extra lean ground.

Wood Stick is offline   Reply With Quote