HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Both Nylanders to the Flames!

Old
07-18-2017, 12:15 PM
Luckylarry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Nylander isn't moving for anyone other than another potential franchise cornerstone on an ELC.
I started a thread: Nylander for Parayko. I accept Parayko is not an ELC guy, but he's still very young (Reilly's age I think?) and could be that corner stone the Leafs need.

Luckylarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 12:19 PM
firstemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Possibly but the value is determined by the need. IMO, a Tkachuk type is a need for the Leafs going forward. When filling a weakness with a strength you may have to take less value.
Even if you subscribe to that, we already have Kadri and Komarov as ultra-pests. Obviously, this is me speaking in another perspective because I already inherently disagree with the premise (of needing Tkachuk).

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 12:48 PM
ACC1224
Hate the Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Randerson View Post
Grundstrom looks like what the doctor ordered on that front, I'd be holding until we see what we've got
Excellent, not really familiar with him.
While a Tkachuk type isn't a pressing need it's a role that will need to be filled if this Team hopes to one day be a contender.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 12:50 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckylarry View Post
I started a thread: Nylander for Parayko. I accept Parayko is not an ELC guy, but he's still very young (Reilly's age I think?) and could be that corner stone the Leafs need.
He's a 24yr old sheltered 2nd pair dman with mediocre numbers o far in his career. I'm not gambling nylander on that just because he's big.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 12:52 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstemperor View Post
Dougie Hamilton is the most valuable player on the Flames, IMO, and then Tkachuk.
The flames won't even give their $6m Dougie legit top-4 minutes.

Old
07-18-2017, 12:52 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Possibly but the value is determined by the need. IMO, a Tkachuk type is a need for the Leafs going forward. When filling a weakness with a strength you may have to take less value.
eh, I don't put much stock in "size" being a specific "need".

Old
07-18-2017, 12:57 PM
Randy Randerson

Quote:
Excellent, not really familiar with him.
While a Tkachuk type isn't a pressing need it's a role that will need to be filled if this Team hopes to one day be a contender.
looks like a Dustin Brown type if he turns out to me - not going to drive a line by himself but could be a nice supplement. Can score goals and has everywhere that he's played - usually scoring from within 15 feet in ugly fashion but has a nice release too. Very good skater, same sort of reckless forechecker that Dustin Brown is - for that reason I think I'd bank on him having a short "prime" if he turns out. Has been really good in the SHL, and really good for the Marlies in a short outing last year - would think that he's ready for the start of next season if he turns out

Tkachuk also scares me, wonder if his game changes when he inevitably ends up on the repeat offenders list

I like the Nylander mold for longevity better than the grinder types as well, if I was choosing where my star power goes, I'd prefer it into a player who can skate and makes his living on talent because I think that has a better chance of lasting a long time

Randy Randerson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 01:02 PM
Walshy7

vCash: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudfather View Post
Would Gaudreau be considered a franchise WINGER cornerstone in his current state? My issues is that i have seen multiple posts where people say nothing on the Flames would get Nylander. But why would the Flames trade PROVEN talent for potential talent?
Gaudreau is great keep him, we have 2 very similar players who just scored exactly the same amount of points as him. Now he did it in less games of course but at 19/20 yrs old the improvement they will have is far more worth hanging on to than cashing out and taking gaudreau. Nylander is also a C which we need far more than a winger, sure he is a winger now but he will be moving when its right so I keep him on the chance we may have 2 legit 1C's as opposed to guaranteeing we are built around Matthews and 2 elite wingers.

Sure Johhny is "proven" but ill take the 2 players 4-5 years younger and see where it goes

Walshy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 01:09 PM
ACC1224
Hate the Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Randerson View Post
looks like a Dustin Brown type if he turns out to me - not going to drive a line by himself but could be a nice supplement. Can score goals and has everywhere that he's played - usually scoring from within 15 feet in ugly fashion but has a nice release too. Very good skater, same sort of reckless forechecker that Dustin Brown is - for that reason I think I'd bank on him having a short "prime" if he turns out. Has been really good in the SHL, and really good for the Marlies in a short outing last year - would think that he's ready for the start of next season if he turns out

Tkachuk also scares me, wonder if his game changes when he inevitably ends up on the repeat offenders list

I like the Nylander mold for longevity better than the grinder types as well, if I was choosing where my star power goes, I'd prefer it into a player who can skate and makes his living on talent because I think that has a better chance of lasting a long time
Yeah there is that(bolded) but a little crazy can also be effective at times(Tucker brought this to previous Leaf Teams).

I don't see Tkachuk as just a grinder type though, he has some pretty good skill as well.

Agree 100% on longevity, it would certainly be a gamble.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 04:39 PM
Sparksrus3

Ever since dad played
I always wanted to see NYLANDERS on the NYISLANDERS .Would look great on the sweater

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Randy Randerson

Quote:
Yeah there is that(bolded) but a little crazy can also be effective at times(Tucker brought this to previous Leaf Teams).

I don't see Tkachuk as just a grinder type though, he has some pretty good skill as well.

Agree 100% on longevity, it would certainly be a gamble.
Didn't mean to diminish Tkachuk's skill set, completely recognize that he's talented, but his play style will put him in high-impact situations a lot....even after whistles when opposing players come to the defense of the team mate he just drilled with a dirty play. I see him as high risk for injuries because of all the contact and the odds that he starts getting targeted back with dirty plays/retaliations

Gary Roberts might be a good comp for him, or I guess his dad. I'd love to have either in the lineup, but you expect that guy to miss some games which is something I wouldn't want at the expense of a core forward in Nylander who's probably a much lower risk factor to miss a lot of time

Randy Randerson is online now   Reply With Quote