HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Game of Thrones | Season 7 | (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2017, 06:20 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacogeoff View Post
I thought she may of been laughing as the soldiers did not believe she was capable of such a feat and thus posed no threat to her.

It was a pretty alright scene.
Exactly why she was laughing. She has done this being honest thing, and it getting misinteruptted as a joke before.

She might of thought about killing them before she sat down, but it seems she learned they are not bad people. She even accepted guest right when she took their food.

It counters pretty nicely with the Hound's stuff where he also rediscovers his humanity.

Old
07-18-2017, 06:23 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Ed Sheeran was in 5 episodes of The ******* Executioner which I watched, so it wasn't anything I haven't seen before

Old
07-18-2017, 06:27 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Exactly why she was laughing. She has done this being honest thing, and it getting misinteruptted as a joke before.

She might of thought about killing them before she sat down, but it seems she learned they are not bad people. She even accepted guest right when she took their food.

It counters pretty nicely with the Hound's stuff where he also rediscovers his humanity.
It also counters pretty nicely with the Stark soldiers who hung three girls up from a tree, for apparently sleeping with Lannister soldiers. They were found by Brienne and Jaime. Brienne then kills them pretty handily.

There are good and bad people on either Stark and Lannister sides.

Old
07-18-2017, 06:27 PM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
The one wight that attacked Mormont was taken to castle black before it rose from the dead.

Could be a loop hole.
The magic on the Wight should of been taken off when going thru the wall but it wasnt

Also people shouldn't forget that the Mountain is on Aryas list

Old
07-18-2017, 06:30 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSystem View Post
If the soldiers are what they seem to be; i.e. won't turn around and try to violate her, then it would be hypocritical of her to kill them, seeing that she just poisoned the entire House Frey for killing her family when they were Walder Frey's guests. I guess she would still try to get revenge even if they had killed the Starks in a more honorable way. Anyway, we shall see next episode.
I saw a bit of prisoners dilemma in the scene. Arya has a high kill count right now, but that's been mostly through espionage and poison, not a straight up fight. In direct combat she could maybe take one of them, but she's not an invincible ninja that could wipe out the whole group. If they wanted to do her harm, she wouldn't have the prep time to kill them.

Her only advantage if they were hostile was that she was on horseback while they were sitting around a camp. Would kind of make her look guilty to run, but as soon as she stopped off her horse she was more or less in their power. There were a two other subtle touches to the scene that showed good intentions though. First Arya and the camera focused on their swords being stashed away. Second, the way they offered her some food and then wine seemed like an informal 'guests rights' ceremony.

After that the scene seemed to relax. My initial thoughts were actually that someone in that group was on her kill list, like the Lannister soldier who had needle.

Old
07-18-2017, 06:32 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

Also come on HBO, isn't it time to bring Nymeria back into he picture? The fact that there's been literally no mention of Dire wolves for such a long time makes me think they're just conveniently forgetting her . A dire wolf let loose in the southern lands would probably make itself something of a legend.

Old
07-18-2017, 06:33 PM
SB164

I'm just glad that a group of male soldiers seeing a young female by herself in the woods don't instantly think of raping her. Westeros is a brutal place and this show has conditioned me to always expect the worst.

Last edited by SB164: 07-18-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old
07-18-2017, 07:01 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
I believe the young soldier Sheeran will defeat the wrights and white walkers by singing a pleasing ballad that sooths them into submission with his silky smooth vocals.

I kid, I kid. what a shameless plug lol. Selena Gomez next episode?
Nah, next episode will be members of Snow Patrol, Mastodon, Coldplay, Sigur Ros, and Of Monsters and Men. Oh, wait, no. All of those have already happened. All all of them but Mastodon were also in singing roles.

I really really don't understand the outrage over this one. They've been having musical cameos for many seasons now.

Old
07-18-2017, 07:02 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
Also come on HBO, isn't it time to bring Nymeria back into he picture? The fact that there's been literally no mention of Dire wolves for such a long time makes me think they're just conveniently forgetting her . A dire wolf let loose in the southern lands would probably make itself something of a legend.
Dire Wolves are expensive to CGI. Given how many white walkers and dragons we're seeing this season, I wouldn't hold my breath for Nymeria.

Old
07-18-2017, 07:04 PM
SugarSherm
The One and Only

Quote:
There is a wolf in the preview for episode two. No idea if it was Nymeria or not. It was such a quick shot I couldn't tell.

Old
07-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

To counter my own previous post, Arya is roughly in the same area where Nymeria was released back in season one.

Old
07-18-2017, 07:09 PM
TheAngryHank
Expert

vCash: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind View Post
To counter my own previous post, Arya is roughly in the same area where Nymeria was released back in season one.
Ayra needs a wolf to complete her bad assness.

Old
07-18-2017, 07:15 PM
Andrei79

Was Arya in the Riverlands during that scene with Lannister soldiers ? Curious because the scene with the Hound was in the Riverlands, yet winter raged on there and seemed to for a while considering both the decay from the corpses and the fact they had already begun to starve.

Old
07-18-2017, 07:16 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSherm View Post
There is a wolf in the preview for episode two. No idea if it was Nymeria or not. It was such a quick shot I couldn't tell.

Old
07-18-2017, 07:18 PM
tacogeoff

vCash: 50
Quote:
Nah, next episode will be members of Snow Patrol, Mastodon, Coldplay, Sigur Ros, and Of Monsters and Men. Oh, wait, no. All of those have already happened. All all of them but Mastodon were also in singing roles.

I really really don't understand the outrage over this one. They've been having musical cameos for many seasons now.
I don't think my post was full of outrage, more sarcasm than anything I did not know Coldplay was on it though and have not heard of any of the other groups.

Old
07-18-2017, 07:25 PM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Yeah, its been a whole 6 episodes since we've seen a direwolf. How does HBO expect us to live?

Old
07-18-2017, 07:36 PM
The Gongshow
The Farm Is For Sale

Didn't it come down to either Wun-Wun or Ghost in the BotB last season due to budget?

Old
07-18-2017, 07:43 PM
MadDevil

Ghost and Nymeria are the only two left now, right?

Old
07-18-2017, 08:25 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSherm View Post
It definitely wasn't Ghost. Nymeria almost definitely.

Old
07-18-2017, 08:28 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
Ghost and Nymeria are the only two left now, right?
Yes. Summer and shaggy dog ate it last season.

Old
07-18-2017, 08:58 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
I don't think my post was full of outrage, more sarcasm than anything I did not know Coldplay was on it though and have not heard of any of the other groups.
You'll recognize some of their songs.

(The one leading the song)

(The musicians sitting at top of the set)

Okay, you probably wouldn't recognize a Mastodon or Sigur Ros song if you don't recognize either bands' name.

As for Coldplay, they were at the Red Wedding. Just another reason to hate them.

Old
07-18-2017, 09:34 PM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Sansa would not have escaped Ramsay at Winterfell if it wasn't for Theon. Remember Ramsay's girlfriend was about to put an arrow through Sansa if Theon hadn't finally snapped out of it and thrown her out of the balcony. So I think it'll be fine with Jon.
Decapitating Ser Cassell and killing Maester Luwin isn't that big a deal.

Old
07-18-2017, 09:55 PM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Decapitating Ser Cassell and killing Maester Luwin isn't that big a deal.
He didnt kill Maester Luwin

Old
07-18-2017, 10:02 PM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post
He didnt kill Maester Luwin
He initiated the assault on Winterfell while Bran was in charge leading to all the chaos.

Old
07-18-2017, 10:33 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

Quote:

As for Coldplay, they were at the Red Wedding. Just another reason to hate them.

I don't know much about their music but in terms of GoT I think they made up for the Red Wedding with this:

Closed Thread