HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CHI/EDM/SJ Threeway

Old
07-23-2014, 01:21 PM
hawksfan79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
That's not nothing, that's a 1st overall pick. Age 35 Sharp < Age 24 Yak
What's you're missing is that, while Yakupov has great potential, right now, there's no way Q would play a guy that's completely horrible defensively on the 2nd line, it goes against everything he's built, and he hasn't had the offensive chops to justify him even taking the chance of putting a complete liability on defense.

Yeah, if I'm looking down the line, Yakupov is intriguing, although if he doesn't improve defensively, Q would run him out of town. Preferably, I'd trade for someone with a little more defensive awareness and less offense than Yakupov.

hawksfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2014, 04:20 PM
southernbeardown54

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenFully View Post
Yak is 2 years removed from 1st overall and Marincin and Klefbom are great young D. If the Sharks did in fact decide on a rebuild that would be a fantastic package for them.
yak was not kane, mcdavid or mckinnon type of dude as his upside is what patrick sharp is right now....I just dont get what any of you have seen in this kid besides his number one draft status. pavs is not 35.

The kid was the top pick in a down draft i mean cam barker went top five too. labeling the kid a bust is unfair but the expectations of him becoming the next Ovie is hilarious. san jose could do much better for pavs if they wanted to move him...much much better.

southernbeardown54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2014, 04:21 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan79 View Post
What's you're missing is that, while Yakupov has great potential, right now, there's no way Q would play a guy that's completely horrible defensively on the 2nd line, it goes against everything he's built, and he hasn't had the offensive chops to justify him even taking the chance of putting a complete liability on defense.

Yeah, if I'm looking down the line, Yakupov is intriguing, although if he doesn't improve defensively, Q would run him out of town. Preferably, I'd trade for someone with a little more defensive awareness and less offense than Yakupov.
I counter this, with stating that I think under your superior coaching, Yakupov would not be a liability on defense. I blame Yak's problems last year mostly on coaching, not on unwillingness to try or inability to learn.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2014, 04:23 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbeardown54 View Post
yak was not kane, mcdavid or mckinnon type of dude as his upside is what patrick sharp is right now....I just dont get what any of you have seen in this kid besides his number one draft status. pavs is not 35.

The kid was the top pick in a down draft i mean cam barker went top five too. labeling the kid a bust is unfair but the expectations of him becoming the next Ovie is hilarious. san jose could do much better for pavs if they wanted to move him...much much better.
What's funny about this, is that it wasn't considered a down draft until after the draft. Yakupov was considered by many to be the best pick since Tavares. His upside at that time was seen as 40+ goal scorer. He certainly has hit some road blocks that do diminish his value, but the revisionist history around here regarding Yakupov is almost amusing.

Old
07-23-2014, 06:11 PM
southernbeardown54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
What's funny about this, is that it wasn't considered a down draft until after the draft. Yakupov was considered by many to be the best pick since Tavares. His upside at that time was seen as 40+ goal scorer. He certainly has hit some road blocks that do diminish his value, but the revisionist history around here regarding Yakupov is almost amusing.
Sorry I don't remember it that way at all. Yak was and is considered a nice prospect like a ceiling around sharp but not a superstar number one pick like the other guys I mentioned. He is a complimentary piece. Most edm fans feel his value as a top pick is that of a patrick Kane or as you say Tavares which is ridiculous and nothing he has shown besides a nice snipe on power play units has shown otherwise.

southernbeardown54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2014, 06:48 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Sorry I don't remember it that way at all. Yak was and is considered a nice prospect like a ceiling around sharp but not a superstar number one pick like the other guys I mentioned. He is a complimentary piece. Most edm fans feel his value as a top pick is that of a patrick Kane or as you say Tavares which is ridiculous and nothing he has shown besides a nice snipe on power play units has shown otherwise.
Sure, because when I think Patrick Sharp I think "elite offensive force."

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 02:09 AM
Intense Rage

Quote:
You seriously wouldn't do this trade?

Aren't the Hawks going to end up dumping Sharp in a year for an Andrew Ladd-type package to get under the cap?

And the bolded is just silly
No I would not.

Andrew Ladd used to play 3rd line minutes for the Hawks and he hadn't even hit 40 points the year he was traded. The return we got for him was no doubt poor but if teams knew what Ladd was really capable of we would have ended up with more.

You can consider it silly but we aren't in a position to gamble on a 20 year old to replace the production of a guy who has and will continue to provide 1st line production as well as excellent two way ability. We need to win now while our team is still great.

Quote:
That's not nothing, that's a 1st overall pick. Age 35 Sharp < Age 24 Yak
Yeah but we aren't at that point yet. Age 24 Yak will likely be better than Age 35 Sharp but Age 32 Sharp >> Age 20 Yak. Our cup window is now, I feel like I need to repeat this like 10 times so you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
I counter this, with stating that I think under your superior coaching, Yakupov would not be a liability on defense. I blame Yak's problems last year mostly on coaching, not on unwillingness to try or inability to learn.
Superior coaching? Possibly but he would have gotten that in Sarnia as he would not be in the NHL if he was with the Hawks.

Quote:
Sure, because when I think Patrick Sharp I think "elite offensive force."

Potential elite offensive force, he hasn't gotten there yet.

Sharp led the team in points, he was 12th in the NHL in points. I will let that sink in for a moment. But yeah we are just going to give him away for a 2nd round pick and a bust prospect.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 09:38 AM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
The funny thing about memories, is that they are often wrong. His value as a top pick was a shade below Tavares (who was seen as the best pick since Crosby), and he was considered to have the best upside of Edmonton's 1st overall picks, more than Hall or RNH. He had more draft day hype than Kane did as well, not that it really matters as Kane has exceeded what many draft experts expected of him. The point is, that one half season of awful play has been enough to take him from Hall/RNH/Kane draft day value, to that of a very good player with only a couple of years on his deal left, and whose game could start deteriorating at any point.

Old
07-25-2014, 01:48 PM
hallsyoilerforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Rage View Post
No I would not.

Andrew Ladd used to play 3rd line minutes for the Hawks and he hadn't even hit 40 points the year he was traded. The return we got for him was no doubt poor but if teams knew what Ladd was really capable of we would have ended up with more.

You can consider it silly but we aren't in a position to gamble on a 20 year old to replace the production of a guy who has and will continue to provide 1st line production as well as excellent two way ability. We need to win now while our team is still great.

Yeah but we aren't at that point yet. Age 24 Yak will likely be better than Age 35 Sharp but Age 32 Sharp >> Age 20 Yak. Our cup window is now, I feel like I need to repeat this like 10 times so you get it.

Superior coaching? Possibly but he would have gotten that in Sarnia as he would not be in the NHL if he was with the Hawks.

Potential elite offensive force, he hasn't gotten there yet.

Sharp led the team in points, he was 12th in the NHL in points. I will let that sink in for a moment. But yeah we are just going to give him away for a 2nd round pick and a bust prospect.
Yakupov's a bust..?

hallsyoilerforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 02:22 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
yeah....3 ways can quickly get way out of hand.......I know....from personal experience

Yakupov, Petry, Klefbom, Arcobello is a fairly large package to spend on Joe Pavelski. I've also suggested elsewhere that Sharp should not get you a return as high as Yakupov.....and yet he shouldn't even be available either....Chicago is probably better served squeezing the goals out of Patrick Sharp then spending what could be a year or two of rookie growing pains with both Yak and Teuvo....they are in win now mode.

In summary....it's not even that bad in the sense that most teams sort of make lateral moves.....but the Oilers kind of get hosed in the sense that they are trading Petry for Rozsival for no reason...

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Teravainen
LoveYouRyanNash

Hell no from Chicago.

Old username: LoveYouRyanNash and DontTazMeBro
GO HAWKS!
Teravainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsyoilerforever View Post
Yakupov's a bust..?
If that's the impression that you got from my post.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
yeah....3 ways can quickly get way out of hand.......I know....from personal experience

Yakupov, Petry, Klefbom, Arcobello is a fairly large package to spend on Joe Pavelski. I've also suggested elsewhere that Sharp should not get you a return as high as Yakupov.....and yet he shouldn't even be available either....Chicago is probably better served squeezing the goals out of Patrick Sharp then spending what could be a year or two of rookie growing pains with both Yak and Teuvo....they are in win now mode.

In summary....it's not even that bad in the sense that most teams sort of make lateral moves.....but the Oilers kind of get hosed in the sense that they are trading Petry for Rozsival for no reason...
This guy gets it.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 11:58 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
This is great for the Oil if they're aiming for another lottery pick.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote