HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Latest Pastrnak offer $6m x 7 years (Mod Warning: 326)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2017, 03:54 PM
  #351
WithOutPaperss
Made it Look Sexy
 
WithOutPaperss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thunder Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhoenixx View Post
It's starting to enter the territory where Pastrnak looks at his 4 years RFA and he's outta there. Just like Johnny Hockey was pissed off at the Flames.

I find this sad because before the Oilers came along the Bruins were my favorite team.
I don't get where people get stuff like this. There is absolutely no evidence that either side is unhappy with negotiations. Sometimes it just takes a little time to hit that sweet spot that both are happy with.

WithOutPaperss is offline  
Old
09-13-2017, 04:46 PM
  #352
ThePhoenixx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithOutPaperss View Post
I don't get where people get stuff like this. There is absolutely no evidence that either side is unhappy with negotiations. Sometimes it just takes a little time to hit that sweet spot that both are happy with.
Camp starts. He's still in Europe. Things are not going well. Almost the whole Oiler team showed up early.

He may sign and say all the right things but if it isn't for 6-8 years...

ThePhoenixx is offline  
Old
09-13-2017, 05:00 PM
  #353
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
8x8 is absolutely off the table. Your reasons are spot on. In addition, I would say Draisaitl is both overpaid and a better player by a wide margin. Draisaitl is to Edmonton what Malkin is to Pittsburgh. He can anchor a line by himself. Pastrnak is awesome, but if he were put with two scrubs his stat line would be more like 23-28-51.

7x7 or 7x8 is the max for Pastrnak. Not a penny over. And I wouldn't trade him either. If he doesn't take it, he can **** away his life in Russia.


No other options ?

The Bruins wouldn't match a 3 x $8M offer sheet ?

beauchamp is offline  
Old
09-13-2017, 07:01 PM
  #354
Beesfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post


No other options ?

The Bruins wouldn't match a 3 x $8M offer sheet ?
The Bruins would match any offer sheet that isn't 4 1st round pick comp., but that is irrelevant because no one will make an offer sheet on him.

Beesfan is offline  
Old
09-13-2017, 08:10 PM
  #355
Luckylarry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithOutPaperss View Post
I don't get where people get stuff like this. There is absolutely no evidence that either side is unhappy with negotiations. Sometimes it just takes a little time to hit that sweet spot that both are happy with.
The kid is not at camp. I'd say he's likely unhappy with how negotiations are going.

Luckylarry is offline  
Old
09-13-2017, 08:14 PM
  #356
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithOutPaperss View Post
I don't get where people get stuff like this. There is absolutely no evidence that either side is unhappy with negotiations. Sometimes it just takes a little time to hit that sweet spot that both are happy with.
Absolutely no evidence?

The fact that we are two weeks into September and he hasn't signed a contract should provide you with some kind of a clue.

In your second sentence you say there is no evidence they are unhappy. In your third sentence you say they need to find the sweet spot where they are happy. You can't have it both ways.

FerrisRox is offline  
Old
09-13-2017, 10:28 PM
  #357
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
The Bruins would match any offer sheet that isn't 4 1st round pick comp., but that is irrelevant because no one will make an offer sheet on him.
So he has another option than going back to Russia ?

beauchamp is offline  
Old
09-14-2017, 07:18 AM
  #358
KrejciMVP
Registered User
 
KrejciMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,686
vCash: 500
If Boston doesn't work out I'd rather see him play for another NHL team than go to Russia. The NHL loses out not seeing this kids skills on display every night. At this point I don't think it works out in Boston IMO.

KrejciMVP is offline  
Old
09-14-2017, 09:00 AM
  #359
mt77850
Registered User
 
mt77850's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Waltham, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Dreger believes progress is being made this morning:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...14911683563521

mt77850 is offline  
Old
09-14-2017, 09:01 AM
  #360
WTFMAN99
Registered User
 
WTFMAN99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,826
vCash: 500
Meet in the middle. 6.5M at 8 years.

WTFMAN99 is offline  
Old
09-14-2017, 09:03 AM
  #361
A1LeafNation
Welcome to Toronto
 
A1LeafNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,135
vCash: 500
The middle is 7.5*8

Pastrnak can easily get 8-9M per.

A1LeafNation is offline  
Old
09-14-2017, 09:06 AM
  #362
Canadian Game
Registered User
 
Canadian Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,194
vCash: 500
Signed.


Canadian Game is offline  
Old
09-14-2017, 09:33 AM
  #363
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
True Grit
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Grumpville USA
Country: United States
Posts: 48,361
vCash: 500
Awards:
done deal.

Great day in Boston.

please move to the signed thread.

thanks.


http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2387595

__________________



You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Gee Wally is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.